Look, we’re starting this movie with our protagonist going off to a desert island to meet a Jedi master...

>Look, we’re starting this movie with our protagonist going off to a desert island to meet a Jedi master, just like Luke and Yoda. And our characters are split up, some are back with the Resistance, some are off, and then you have a kind of training dynamic seemingly set up.

>There are big structural things that are going to be very similar to The Empire Strikes Back. But I don’t think, after watching the movie, many people will have the feeling of a copy of The Empire Strikes Back. I don’t see how they could, but maybe they will. I don’t know, you never know!

>I think that it would be a mistake to try to copy The Empire Strikes Back, but that it would be just as much as mistake to make creatives decisions based on saying ‘We’re going to be nothing like The Empire Strikes Back!’

>These two approaches lead, in my opinion, to two forced versions, which have the same weaknesses.

At least Luke will be Kreiaposting.

Why do the escape pods look like a coffin?
Is this foreshadowing?

>“I will be curious, after you’ve seen the movie, if you find that it looks too much like The Empire Strikes Back. I don’t think it does, but I’m sure the audience will have their own opinions when they see it. (laughs)For me, my attitude is always, ‘I need to tell the story as honestly as I can."

>superlaser
they couldn't do any better?
>straight up copying yin and yang

>the FIRST of the ORDER
snokes the first jedi. luke found out that the force is a shitty thing that cycles between light and dark naturally. snokes missing his lightside part, thats Rey.

>caring about a franchise that is dead since the 90's in current year plus 4-2*1+0

Does Star Wars not have the internet?
Why does news spread so slowly and is so easy to hide away?

hmmmm this sounds familiar

Why is it one person? Does Chewbacca dies in the Falcon while Mary Sue escapes with her pod?

>stop using the force

Well Lucas kind of did that before

Oh for fuck's sake

New meme has arrived

Yeah that's probably it. Snookie is the dark side and he wants to vore Rey to become balanced and rule the galaxy.

If they actually destroyed the Falcon that'd actually be kind of a risk. Be sure to piss the fuck out of the fanbrats

Chewie dies in the falcon while the porgs take the escape pod

They don't have to totally destroy it, just fucked it up bad.

wew

I think they'll end up killing off the entire OT cast so these fucks can take their place. Good, I say.

In 20 years they can always make them full CGI characters.

>Why is it one person?
There is no sense of scale. May be only one person.

They are straight up admitting its a copy of ESB and then trying to say that it''s not in the same sentence.

>(laughs)

>I need to tell the story as honestly as I can

What does that sentence even mean? It's nonsensical.

I CLAPPED I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW IT

*sighs*
it means the filmmaking isn't dishonest
completely clear

What's the difference between honest and dishonest filmmaking? I honestly have no idea what that means.