What is his backstory? The Visual Guide confirms he isn't Sith, so that rules out Plageuis or Tenebrious...

What is his backstory? The Visual Guide confirms he isn't Sith, so that rules out Plageuis or Tenebrious. Is he the first jedi?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Erf6s_wYJk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>visual guide says he isn’t sith
user....

???

>The Visual Guide confirms he isn't Sith

What is he then? the fucking janitor?

He loves goOOOold

>What is he then

That's the question.

My attempt to cook hotpockets
has left me scarred and deformed...

the first jedi

JJ doesn't know. Mystery Box formula.

he's an original character, do not steal.

>being this new

this

That's just a Ying Yang symbol. It looks nothing like Snoke.

The sith are just evil jedi. Until the prequels we just called them dark jedi. He's a fucking sith; it amounts to the same thing. Only nerds will argue semantics.

The official material literally says you are wrong.

dark force wielder =/= sith

i'm not even a EU faggot this is very obvious

He is the Prime Jedi.
So you have Snoke the Prime Jedi vs. Luke the last Jedi. Its your shocking twist and also explains why he is so powerful. Also it explains his obsession with both sides of the Force. ( Remember his talk to Kylo about he came from the Light ?)

The Alpha and Omega. Snoke and Luke.

Damn it, I laughed.

Jar jar binks voiced by idras Elba

interesting theory, would be cool direction to go

Why would the first jedi be evil?

He's some sort of corruption of the first Jedi. Luke being at the first Jedi temple is no accident. They will discover the deus-ex machina device to defeat Snoke inside the dark side cave on the island.

And what is the difference?

Because the last one is good. Its pottery.

>luke finds out the force is cyclical and goes through light and dark phases
>cuts himself off from the force
>finds the teachings of the prime jedi

we'll find out the first jedi were Grey jedi in all but name. thats why snoke keeps going on about the awakening and how darkness rises and light comes to meet it. we'll also find out rey is snokes light side and he wants to consume her to balance himself again. luke doesnt want this because hes gone full kreia and thinks the force is a poisonous influence that sweeps up the galaxy in its bullshit and wants all force users to end. luke will become the big bad

>main villain is black

Found a pretty big flaw in your theory.

>6 days and no confirmed leak of the plot yet

Guess why the Jedi needs to end. Disney did the worst that could possibly do, changing the lore. No more Jedi or Sith. The Force isn't an energy field that flows through life, it's female. Inanimate object can created visions, can enable awakening that basically makes you master Jedi in the blink of an eye. They couldn't just do with what was established in 6 fucking movies, they made it a huge clusterfuck.

Why doesn't he have a fucking lightsaber? Is he really not going to get a fight scene?

Let me guess, 22 years old.

I dont really know but if he is the Prime Jedi this guy lived for thousands of generations. Maybe got weary of the fight ? Look at how his scars are on his right side symbolizing maybe that his light side died off comparing it with the emblem of the temple ? Maybe the Dark Side took over ?

But IF Disney goes into this direction it directly contradicts Lucas position on "Balance". For George Balance was the Light Side, where for Disney it would be the equilibrium between the Dark Side and the Light Side.

Who fucking cares dumbshits . Stop talking about movies for little girls

big twist at the end.
>kylo and rey have snoke wounded and vulnerable
>snoke says they cant stop the coming darkness
>rey asks why
>*lightsaber ignition*
>"because peace is a lie"
>cut to luke with vaders red saber
>kylo and rey flee as he joins snoke

it's like being 'spiritual' or being a hardcore muslism

The Force is a tool, and the Jedi and the Sith are merely the two most prominent organizations to use that tool. The Sith have their own history and rules and organizational hierarchy. Snoke is a force-sensitive individual who uses what the Jedi would describe as the dark side of the Force, but he doesn't view himself as a continuation of the legacy of Darth Bane or Darth Sidious. He doesn't use the Darth title, he doesn't follow the Rule of Two, and he may very well have a substantially different view on what the Force is and how it should be used.

This is probably the most alarming thing about the databook desu. I'm probably going to be disappointed in this trilogy if Luke doesn't come out of his funk by act three of The Last Jedi

>he doesn't follow the Rule of Two
i know what you mean but i think this could be argued against

It would be pretty cool if Luke made a new lightsaber when he decides to embrace the Force again. I've always wanted to see a lightsaber creation scene in one of the live action movies

Reminder
>Snoke dies
>His ghost posseses Rey
>Rey is the main villain of episode 9

BRAVO NOLAN

Well we haven't heard anything about the Knights of Ren for a while, but at least in The Force Awakens it was pretty clear that Kylo isn't the only dark side adept working for Snoke

>stop using the foce

Good

>where for Disney it would be the equilibrium between the Dark Side and the Light Side.
Which as much as I hate to admit it would be more accurate to the concept of "balance". You can't balance anything by destroying half of it, you make it completely unbalanced. Yin-Yang, people. Jorge fucked it all up by insisting that balance meant the destruction of dark, although that could have just been the Jedi's own interpretation of the prophecy, as they're overzealous holier-than-thou cunts.

>The Alpha and Omega. Snoke and Luke.

Fuck. That's a cool enough concept that part of me actually wants to see TLJ in theatres.

Maybe I'll buy tickets for something else and sneak in.

You would have to be pic related to not understand that the one central jist of the prequels was just how wrong and out of touch the Jedi were, and just how badly they deserved to fall.

Maybe so, but I shouldn't have to read a bunch of books to understand a 2 hour popcorn flick. He's an evil, force wielding bad guy that wants to take over the universe. That is EXACTLY what the emperor was. In the eyes of most people watching these movies, he is a sith.

Yeah and I generally approve of how this trilogy seems to be exploring that idea as well. I like that Luke has realized the Jedi of old were wrong about a lot of things. I just hope we don't spend too much time with "mopey depressed Luke" and skip ahead to forging a new kind of Jedi pretty quickly

You're right, but if you're enough of a casual to not care, then why are you shitposting about it on Sup Forums?

I do care though, which is why I'm calling out disney's bullshit. They constantly state how different everything is, when it's exactly the same. Making it different in name doesn't add to the story, and just con-volutes it instead.

I don't care! :^)

>What is he then?
Just the victim of an unfortunate smelting accident

There is no balance when people are being killed. Balance = pacifism.

Vader was called a Sith Lord in the official novelisation of the movies and even in a deleted scene in the first movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Erf6s_wYJk
Hell, even in the first drafts of the scenario there was the term "Sith Knight"

bring balance to the force is a meme oxymoron.

Doesn't really matter. Fuck Disney headcannon.

Having all order or all chaos isn't balanced. Balance is simply letting nature run its course

>uuuh this good character is going to be the twist bad guy

every star wars thread summed up

>Balance is simply letting nature run its course
"nature" isn't an acting agent. this sentence is pure bullshit.

Not that Disney will get it right, but the grey revisionist take on the force from Dark Empire, etc was pretty clearly the way that Lucas would have taken Luke post-ROTJ if he had helmed the sequel trilogy.

>it was pretty clear that Kylo isn't the only dark side adept working for Snoke
was it? when was this implied?

ok this is my biggest problem with star wars "fans", and i believe it is one of the big problems with society today and especially with our new crop of "adults".

they dont want to feel anything but good, and that good must be separated into black and white for them. good must be good, and bad must be bad. which as a moral objectivist i understand the point, buuuuut the way they go about it is amazingly wrong. let us analyze.

the Chad Prequel Connoisseur looks at the OT and wonders what happened to the jedi that wiped them all out, then they watch the prequels and see that the jedi were dogmatic, arrogant, distant, and uppity pretentious cunts that deserved to be wiped out for their own hubris. Palpatine spells this all out for them at duel with yoda, the jedi fucked themselves and this is all their faults. The Chad accepts this and aligns his views with palpatines. break your chains and dont let faggots like the jedi ruin your life because muh force in balance.

the Virgin Disney Cuck watches the OT and says oh the jedi are so good and nice oh wow yoda is so cool wow darth vader is so bad, and thats it. then when the prequels come around they act like the jedi should be acting how yoda and obiwan did in the OT, however they dont remember exactly how yoda and obiwan acted because they watched the movies once or twice and only remember the good feelings they had while watching the films. they forget that yoda and obi lied over and over, and were willing to cast luke aside for leia if he failed. they dont realize the jedi were shitheads from the start and brought this hell upon themselves.

this is the inherent flaw with people who hate how the jedi were handled in the PT. they are actually too stupid to understand star wars.

Luke wasnt a good jedi at all, he didnt subscribe to all those beliefs and he used the dark side more than once. It in the end comes down to his choice to be good, not because someone else told him to, and he rejects the emperor.

WHAT???

this choice to be good is yet another reason why Vader turns. Vader has been shackled his whole life by the dogma of the jedi and the machinations of palpatine. then he sees his son whoop his ass and defy his master, something vader never could do. people forget vader went straight back to palpatine after luke stopped wailing on him. once palpatine fries luke its not necessarily the fact that luke is his son, but also the fact that vader realizes he can make a choice to be good, and that he still has free will. his bondage (HAVE YOU FAGS GOTTEN THIS YET THAT ALL THE SITH WEAR WEIRD BDSM GEAR BECAUSE ITS ALL BONDAGE TO THE DARK SIDE) is not going to control him anymore and he makes the choice to throw palpatine into the reactor.

>Luke the last Jedi
It's plural. At least the translated official titles are

My nigga. Folks like you get exactly why the prequels work so beautifully with the OT, from a thematic point of view, at least.

It’s darth carth

far left and bottom right girls are waifu

>tfw buttplugs held on with the force

Nature is inherently balanced

I dunno but he like, totally looks super evil

what a cool character!

This user got it

>The force is female
Fuck off with that shit

Yeah, but it was the same with RotJ, and we all know that only one Jedi returned (Leia doesn't count).

So how was he able to elude Order 66 then

Damn. That’s pretty good.

If nature was balanced life wouldn't exist.

SPOILER ALERT
Snoke is a force sensitive Jawa who followed the path of the dark side and rose to the position of ultimate power. If you ever wondered what a Jawa actually looks like, well now you know, you're welcome

they arent gonna give away the movie in a piece of promotional material you fucking retard

Luke returning the Jedi, Anakin returning into being a Jedi.

What did the Jedi do that was so bad again? Try to uphold law and order in their part of the galaxy?

Living in areas at the edge of the galaxy and, being the first Jedi, having some space wizard magic tricks up his sleeves.

Snoke is an angel.

He won't have a backstory or if he does it will be as shallow as a puddle. The Emperor didn't have one in the original trilogy until Lucas have him one in the Prequels. They're aping the prequels as hard as possible. He's just a bad guy that's corrupted by the Dark Side of the force. They're not going to go any further into it.

You've got a point, user. But the German translation is literally "Return of the Jedi KNIGHTS". I think they choose the plural form to avoid spoilers, because they would have to reveal the gender of the described Jedi.

>You asked for this!

Yeah but back then the translations were utterly retarded and done by the local teams doing the dubbing. In 2017 those titles are carefully chosen and coordinated.

hot, but they're part of the reason there will never, ever be a good star wars movie again

>mfw Carth

Then Bioware just HAD to shove essentially the same character with the same fucking voice actor into Mass Effect.

But that's just rationalization to make Geroge's shitty writing mesh with whatever idea of Star Wars you have in your head. I mean, talk of society all you want, but if you have to defend and make excuses for a movie to make it fit into your own idea of fictional universe, aren't you basically the same as the "Virgin Disney Cucks"?

When Snoke called Kylo the "Master of the Knights of Ren", and when Rey touched Anakin's lightsaber and saw a vision of Kylo surrounded by similarly dressed dudes

hehe

He is Darth Icky.

This explains the meaning of FIRST ORDER too

I kinda want to know more about the Space Rome that Snoke is emulating with his Praetorian Guards

see
Will turn out 100% true.

thats a fair point but i remain skeptical about snoke manging the other knights of ren