What are some Kino movies that are Kafkaesque and Lovecraftian?

What are some Kino movies that are Kafkaesque and Lovecraftian?

Other urls found in this thread:

lovecraftzine.com/movies/mikes-recommended-lovecraftian-movies/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>weird creatures with tentacles
>LOVECRAFT

It's more complicated than just that

Watch this trailed dude. It's 100% Lovecraftian.

You're right. Lovecraft also loved using nautical horror, with large powerful creatures coming from the ocean. In my opinion that's what makes something Lovecraftian. Nautical horror, and some abstract weirdness to it.

>Other Sup Forumseddit thread
>Other Kafkaesque and Lovecraftian xD

Lovecraft wrote plenty of stories without "nautical horror." His most famous stories certainly do, but I'd wager a majority of the rest of his stories don't feature the sea at all.

You realise Lovecraftian and Kafkaesque are mutually exclusive?

You're dumb. If you knew what OPs pic was from, you'd know it was 100% lovecraftian. Fuck off with your pretentious opinion.

It's kind of, those are just aliens. Lovecraftian is old gods beyond human comprehension.

Apparently not, because it looks like Kojima is bringing them together.

lovecraftzine.com/movies/mikes-recommended-lovecraftian-movies/

While he certainly did, you're denying At the Mountains of Madness, which has a lot of very familiar themes with this trailer..

>those are just aliens
>Implying Lovecraft never used aliens

The old gods are aliens.

I guess it's the same shit. Same way technology far ahead enough might as well be called magic.

There's not even any confirmation that they're aliens. There's definitely an elder gods vibe to them.

For once the lovecraft meme is being used appropriately.

>when a game cutscene is better than 99% of Hollywood movies

>ITT: tv has a once in a lifetime chance to act like pseudointellectuals so instead of showing interest in anons question they act like they know what they are talking about
Lol this is why i avoid this place like the plague

I believe one of the first comments Kojima made was that the game was about aliens being stranded on another planet.

Humans will be the aliens.

It's why you avoid it that you don't know that this faggot has been trying to force "lovecraftian and kafkaesque" as a meme, because it's pseudointellectual and "reddit".
So no one will answer him seriously.

The joke he's trying to force to catch on has been done for decades, even Mission Hill did it.

Watched the trailer. There's nothing overtly Lovecraftian about it. Cosmic horror? Sure, but isn't even similar to anything H.P. Lovecraft wrote about.

Have you ever read any of his stories?

>you're denying At the Mountains of Madness, which has a lot of very familiar themes with this trailer..

Lmao, what the fuck are you talking about?

Fans of Kojima games are the biggest pseuds on the fucking planet.

Cosmic horror is just a pseud way of saying Lovecraftian.
We get it, you want to look like you got a PHD, LARP less faggot

>Cosmic horror is just a pseud way of saying Lovecraftian.

?

Where were you when video games exceeded cinema as the best medium?