Would Night in the Woods work as a cartoon?

Would Night in the Woods work as a cartoon?

I could see it make for some good animated shorts, I dont know about full episodes, just slices of life and strange adventures they all go on

Anything can work as a cartoon. The question is how

Don't know, but you have good timing.

well it could work, hopefully, this cartoon is different because boy is the concept and cut plot so much better than the final thing

>tfw you'll never have close friends

Feels bad man

Yeah, a series of episodes that preserves the status quo and leads to no character development at all. That sounds like Night In The Woods. And if it's just shorts you won't have to deal with dogshit endings like in the game!

Something likes Animals or Bojack Horseman

I'm now imagining a tv channel airing little 1-4 minute long shorts of Night in the Woods in between episodes of other shows instead of a commercial or two..

It'd be cool.

Pretty much

Yeah, sometimes there's no solution to things like mental illness, the disappearing middle class, faltering towns, and Shub Niggurath out of fucking nowhere

There's things like having your characters develop over the course of a game, rather than remaining static. Oh, and yeah, just an elder god and a cult surrounding it appearing out of literally nowhere, and then just, being resolved right away I guess? I mean what the fuck? Was it even a god, or was it just hallucinations brought on by the mine gas like in that article? Was Mae's aunt in the cult? Was anyone we knew in the cult? Why was that one cult member following Mae when she was investigating with friends? Did the cult overhear her making plans or do that have telepathy powers? Why the fuck didn't Mae get a job or attempt to be an adult at any point in the game?

It would be better as cartoon. 5 hours of walking around is too much.

The cartoon would have to work like Over the Garden Wall.

The Matrix is a good movie.

Post it.
Finish it.

>Oh, and yeah, just an elder god and a cult surrounding it appearing out of literally nowhere
They didn't appear out of literally nowhere, but they were resolved right away or more like swept under the rug.

>Why the fuck didn't Mae get a job or attempt to be an adult at any point in the game?
Because of all the issues she had in her tiny little head.

But with more episodes

I would like this but I don't think anyone would fund a cartoon about nihilism.
People tend to want zany adventures and quick fixes to crippling emotional problems to make everyone feel like friendship is a superpower.

No.

Cartoons are shit, so it would be a perfect match.

But she never even makes an attempt. If you're making a game based on the characters, those characters should develop. And there was at no point any indication that the cult existed, you've got your one friend who disappeared which everyone assumes is because of him skipping town, an arm that you poke with a stick, you've got that kidnapping which you're supposed to believe is a ghost, and then you go to confront the ghost and then you've got middle aged dad cult killing one of their own. I honestly liked the game, but fuck that ending.

I remember hearing how a bunch of content was cut from the game to get it out on time, a lot of shit that would have helped to the story, goddamn annoying