>Out This Week:
Rogue One Blu-ray (April 4)
Star Wars #30 (April 5)
Rogue One Adaptation #1 of 6 (April 5)

>Rebels 3.20/21: "Zero Hour" Parts 1 and 2
mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

>Rebels Recon: Zero Hour
youtu.be/MyUY7LnE4ls

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MyUY7LnE4ls
youtube.com/watch?v=sM_ZpTwSwuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Xth for best saber

Who is that handsome, stunning, Imperial Mastermind in the OP?

he seems like an amazing guy

It's past your bedtime Krennic

>>Rebels Recon: Zero Hour
>youtu.be/MyUY7LnE4ls

God damn it this triggers me

Now there's four of them.

Oh fuck the blu-ray is out tomorrow

I know what I'm doing

Fuck off Tarkin you don't control me

No, previous comics are just flat better if you wanted to make a top five. KOTOR comics probably had a better story than the actual games and Rogue Squadron was god tier Star Wars. Even if you wanted something newer, Ghost Prison is at worst on par with Marvel's Darth Vader. Classic Marvel did a better job developing Luke's character than modern Marvel ever has.

The only "big" comics you can really diss are Dark Empire and Legacy.

I think OP did it on purpose
>New thread, you may embed yourselves in it

Rey... that is not your name.

Your name is Kira.. Kira Krennic

On that note, there needs to be a Sup Forums reading list in the same way that specific big two characters get one. If nothing else a link to the one image holding everything should go in the general OP.

>Krennic having sex with a woman at some point in his life

He was purely Galensexual and you know it

So did Krennic die a sad virgin who never got some from Galen?

Just move a little to the left Krennic

What's everyone's favorite color of lightsaber?

oh fuck is this real?

I prefer white, just like lil 'soka

>No, previous comics are just flat better if you wanted to make a top five.
Nah. My top 5 would be:

1. Tales of the Jedi
2. Kanan
3. Lando
4. Republic
5. Dark Times

>KOTOR comics probably had a better story than the actual games and Rogue Squadron was god tier Star Wars. Even if you wanted something newer, Ghost Prison is at worst on par with Marvel's Darth Vader.
Those are all good, including Marvel's Vader

>Classic Marvel did a better job developing Luke's character than modern Marvel ever has.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

we should have never made this bargain

DELETE

blue=true patricians
green, purple=fedoracore
red=IN THE END
white, yellow, black, and any other colors that aren't in the movies=oh shit nigger what are you doing

So you have to like blue? What the fuck

you sound like a cunt

no

>green
>fedoracore
I mean, i'm in complete agreement with you on everything else, but green is also top-tier, its a senpai's weapon

Fuck off Tarkin/Krennic role playing faggots, just as awful as SS posters.

It amazes and pisses me off that people will call Anakin in the PT whiny even though he wasn't yet without any self awareness call Kylo a deep well written character who was everything Anakin should have been.

>Kylo
>whiny

?? When?

>call Kylo a deep well written character
what, who has ever said this

There's a difference between good and best. Claiming that a couple of years publication from the second best out of two will steamroll decades of publications, or even consistently approach the best, is pushing it.

As for classic marvel, I don't even see how that's ambiguous. Luke manages to win a duel with a smart tactic and some luck in the first annual, only to hesitate and be unsatisfied because he had to kill someone and question his place in the force, then when he becomes the main focus again after ROTJ we see him struggle with the dark side by avenging people who die or trying to protect the living, come out stronger to challenge would be sith lords and win by developing new styles and techniques, and deal with his hesitation in training a new generation of jedi. That version of Luke has an arc and development to go through. He clearly becomes a better version of himself as time goes on, but comes into conflict with his friends, rebel command, and people who trust him multiple times. He even gets a new costume as he develops as he shifts from the dark robes when he was conflicted at the end of the trilogy to white and gold robes later on to show he's a more confident jedi knight. The only reason it took that long is they didn't want to do anything with Luke between 5 and 6 since they went with developing Leia instead.

NuMarvel Luke is effectively frozen in place. He only wears outfits from the movies. He only flies with the callsign from the films despite that making no logical sense. No matter how many duels he gets into he never learns or develops his skills. His relationships with the people around him don't even change that much.

It took old marvel a while, but that's because they went to the effort of developing the whole trio in different focus issues. Leia got her shit on Mandalore. Han got to have adventures with people who weren't in the films to develop his character. NuMarvel has Luke as the only real main character in the ongoing.

>colors that aren't in the movies=oh shit nigger what are you doing
come on now

>DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO BE ORIGINAL YOU FUCK

This guy gets it

What gets me is how fucking bad Kylo has to be and how bad people say Luke has to be to justify that.

By the time Ben left Luke, he was older than Luke was when he became a Jedi Knight. By the time TFA happens Obi-Wan was halfway to the council and had been a Jedi Knight for years when he was Ben's age. Kanan literally fucked off and became a drunk for like fifteen years and he was still a Knight by about the same age.

By literally every metric you measure a Jedi, from classically trained orthodox temple user all the way to jury rigged hick kid who's mostly self taught, Ben Solo is a shitty jedi. The justification people turn to is that Luke has to be total shit as a master just to justify that.

originality is overrated
t. JJ Abrams

Reminder: There is NOTHING wrong with talking about EU material in these threads alongside canon material as long as you recognize any associate flaws and make clear that it's not canon.

-t. that guy who keeps posting none_of_this_is_canon.gif

I don't want to talk about the old EU, because I'll just get sad that we'll never get anything as wonderful as Tales of the Jedi ever again.

What if it was kreia?

Reminder that if it weren't for Disney being dicks TLJ would be coming out next month.

Sauce me up, my dude

I think they should take their time on editing. If there's a hope in hell for this movie to be good it'll be solely through the editor even if the footage itself is good.

>There's a difference between good and best. Claiming that a couple of years publication from the second best out of two will steamroll decades of publications, or even consistently approach the best, is pushing it.
Not really.

>As for classic marvel, I don't even see how that's ambiguous.
It's not ambiguous, it's just that I disagree.

My nigger!

It is in fact pushing it. Claiming that Kanan is one of the best star wars comics, or even best comic about post order 66 jedi escaping, or even just the best comic about Star Wars Rebels, is a bit of a stretch. I mean even just in canon the rebels UK comic is hit and miss but when it hits it hits pretty solidly.

Saying you disagree isn't really a statement of substance.

>It is in fact pushing it.
It really isn't.

>Claiming that Kanan is one of the best star wars comics, or even best comic about post order 66 jedi escaping, or even just the best comic about Star Wars Rebels, is a bit of a stretch.
Not really.

> I mean even just in canon the rebels UK comic is hit and miss but when it hits it hits pretty solidly.
Yes, but I wouldn't put the UK comics near Kanan or Vader or Shattered Empire or Lando or Maul or Son of Dathomir

>Saying you disagree isn't really a statement of substance.
What more is there to it? Yes, ClassicMarvel did develop his character to an extend, but really it didn't feel like much, amounted to basically nil, and wasn't always great. What little development canon comics have given him is better.

its definitely the best comic about order 66 and surviving jedi, especially given its relationship to Rebels and Sloane
though its a wasted opportunity not to see more of Kallerans

best girl mommyfu rebels ahsoka ONLY, tcw jailbait is for pedos[/spoiler

It absolutely IS a stretch, how many Star Wars comics have you read? The very best of them are leagues better than Kanan.

What development has he been given. He read half a book and lost three saber duels. His character has gone NOWHERE. Marvel had to announce a big event starring one of their OC's just to promise that Luke will finally progress as a character super serious and for real this time.

Old Marvel is hit and miss but at least it actually stepped up to the plate and took a swing. Luke does more than go by red five and turn off his targeting computer and act like a kid fresh off the farm. There's thought put into it.

If you want to bitch about it not coming up in every story after that point, blame Zahn. As much as people whine about Traviss killing off Mara Jade, Zahn never gave a fuck about anything written before him besides the movies and used his characters as a mouth piece to trash other stories. That he became the big sequel blueprint author was understandable in context, but he really needed a better editor to reign him in and slap his shit once in a while.

>What development has he been given. He read half a book and lost three saber duels. His character has gone NOWHERE
They're taking things slow, he's still just months after ANH. They're not rushing it. You're ignoring things like him going on his first proper missions, and the fact that he is getting ANY swordfighting experience at all. Is this seriously going over your head?

That isn't character development. Going on missions that don't advance your character in any visible way isn't equivalent to having a fight that makes you question your overall goals and your place in it.

Which is the thing. Luke has just been stumbling along like a train on a railroad. There's no sense that he's actually doing anything so much as being led along by the plot. He isn't making any choices or realizations AT ALL. He just happens to find a book from Obi-Wan like he just happens to stumble on Vader and rush at him and get smacked back without learning anything and he just happens to do this and that. Luke Skywalker isn't doing anything, things are happening to him.

Heir to the Jedi takes place in the exact same timeframe but Luke does more than just react to things. He actually tries to do things on his own besides "be force guy". He makes choices about his mission. He has specific goals about what he wants to learn. He actually progresses towards being the guy we see in Empire Strikes Back instead of being permanently frozen in place.

>It absolutely IS a stretch,
It absolutely is NOT a stretch.

> how many Star Wars comics have you read?
All of Canon, vast majority of Legends.

>The very best of them are leagues better than Kanan.
And I would disagree. On particular or equally enjoyable? Sure.

>What development has he been given. He read half a book and lost three saber duels.
Not only that, but he's had his first proper missions as a Rebel, he's gotten a little experience swordfighting, and he's even learned a tiny bit about the Jedi.

Like said, you need to realize that they're taking things slow, especially since they're still only months after ANH. Give it time and more will come. I don't understand how this has gone past you.

> His character has gone NOWHERE.
That's not what your previous sentence indicates.

>Old Marvel is hit and miss but at least it actually stepped up to the plate and took a swing.
A swing means fuck-all if it never goes anywhere substantial, ever.

>If you want to bitch about it not coming up in every story after that point, blame Zahn.
I will, and I'll blame all the other writers who never took it into account since the EU was a mismanaged mess.

>I will, and I'll blame all the other writers who never took it into account since the EU was a mismanaged mess.

NuCanon has games exclusively by EA, comics exclusively by NuMarvel, TV shows on an extended cable budget and slot, and it's only main saga movie directed by J.J. Abrams.

If that's not the definition of a fucking mess I don't know what is.

>That's not what your previous sentence indicates.

Reading a book is not character development.

No.

but the weird spinny thing, i.e. their whole schtick, leaves no room for finesse and holds you back to nothing more than wide, vertical swings, the only reason for someone with any actual skill to use it is for the whole spinny trick

whole spinny flying spinny trick*

If you put your arm into a thrust along with the spin you can potentially knock away a defending saber and have the second blade swing around for a kill stroke within a fraction of a second. Obviously that never actually works but it's an option if nothing else.

>not wanting to cheat
>not wanting to fly
>not simply enjoying easy spinning, because that is a good trick

AKA the most retarded thing in Star Wars, and yes I am counting the entirety of legends in that statement.

I liked it.

You must've forgotten saber knees.

Your taste is shit user.

i'm actually more upset at the fact that they spin rather than fly

I can suspend my disbelief for a repulsor in the hilt, but not for the fact that that emitter is fucking retarded and makes zero sense

Fight me sleemo.

See, thats true, but with actual skills you don't need a single, difficult, gimmicky trick to win a duel.
>not wanting genuine strength through skills with LAZAR SORD
>leaving your skills at a childish level because you're a lazy shit
>especially when at least one of you is an ex-guardian, i.e. has actual skills beyond lol spinny
but is it more retarded than Starkiller Base?

Don't need to. Your guys died to a bunch of second stringers.

Jedi filth

This is true. It's retarded but I'm trying to find a rationale for it.

Even if you wanted to be a lazy shit, that's literally what form 6 is about.

Stay mad seventh stringer.

I honestly have no idea why the Inquisitors exist, surely Vader would've choked a bitch long ago what with the incompetence of at least five and eight. Grand Inquisitor mightve gotten a pass because he actually sometimes displayed skills, he debuted doing very form 2 movements, but then went lel spinny later

>AKA the most retarded thing in Star Wars, and yes I am counting the entirety of legends in that statement.

Vader probably isn't allowed. I get the feeling they exist mainly as a threat to Vader to keep him motivated, and as actual Dark Side users as a secondary thing.

That, and just doing grunt work Vader is too good for. It seems like their basic job is just collecting force sensitive cadets and babies for the empire. But we never actually see what happens to them, or any inquisitors who aren't former jedi. Just going by raw numbers there must be dozens or hundreds of force sensitives under imperial training and we never see any of them.

Eat shit ruined Thrawn.

Canon Thrawn is better than Legends Thrawn

>tfw Project Aces Star Wars game never

>ruined Thrawn.
Don't you have a billboard to maintain?

The Inquisitors' primary mission was to hunt down and kill surviving Jedi who had survived the Jedi Purge.[3] A secondary mission was to identify and abduct Force-sensitive individuals including infants[10] and Imperial cadets.[11] If these individuals would not serve the Galactic Empire, then they would be eliminated.[3] The Inquisitors wore black and grey bodysuits with armor and were equipped with double-bladed spinning lightsabers,[3] that were also capable of spinning in a helicopter-like motion for escape. Besides hunting Jedi, the Inquisitors were also known to pursue other Force-sensitive opponents of the Sith, like the renegade Maul.[7]

His new eyes look like shit, this is objective fact.

He was a partyboy at the Academy. Also, he looks like that. So you can bet he fucked a looooot of sloots. Too bad they never really measure up to the Oneitis...

>call Kylo a deep well written character

Said no one ever.

Oh god no, I want this movie to be good. No rushing.

In all seriousness they should have at least let the EU finish up all of the shit that was ongoing.

I'm forever fucking mad that Dawn of the Jedi ended like two issues from the finale and we'll never know how it ended.

Sheev plugs the kidnapped force sensitives in some kind of machine that has something to do with Sheev's ability to see the future. Pablo or Filoni mentioned it in the recon to The Future of the Force.

His new red eyes are far better than the generic emotionless, pupil-less red eyes. This is objective fact.

>He was a drunk who would mumble about galen for a few hours and how much of a bitch Lyra was and pass out

Oh Sheev. You silly man.

Any jedi worth their salt would beat them, a padawan who spent fifteen years drinking himself retarded beat their boss. Vader hunts jedi, and he's the unstoppable juggernaut. Also, why are they chasing Maul, what happens if they catch him, he whips three of them into the dirt at once

Abducting kids and inquisiting non-force-sensitive empire personnel is all they'd be good for.

How much is Disney paying you per post?

youtube.com/watch?v=sM_ZpTwSwuw

1:00

$0.00

rebels fucked up his looks (as usual)

he looks wayyyy better here

>e-everyone who disagrees with me is a s-shill

You probably think liberals don't actually exist, either.

>he thinks companies bother to shill on this Cambodian folk drumming forum

ITT: buttblasted EUtists

Star Wars sucks

The only thing /swco/ agrees on

That's honestly kind of stupid. Sheev having a machine that boosts force powers when you feed it babies, and specifically babies, is just weirdly specific and super out there.

I mean wouldn't it make more sense for him to plug an inquisitor into the machine? Or a force sensitive tree? Or literally anything related to the force that isn't a shit flinging creature that dies with minimal pressure applied. This is beyond cartoon supervillany into a bizarre territory I can't even begin to describe.

I mean shit, if he had a baby powered fortune teller you'd assume he'd be less taken by surprise by basically everything Luke does in the OT and would have seen his death star blow up. Otherwise his infant gazer is essentially useless since it fails to predict where his enemies are, while also needing him to maintain a group of loud, smelly children around his commander center at all times.

He's handsome in the way that male models are handsome. A particular kind of ugly-handsome. It's all about bone structure.

China pays people 50 cents per post to go to forums and talk about how great China is. During the 2016 elections CTR were confirmed to have infiltrated many sites, including this one.

Not really. His eyebrow still swoops into his cheekbones for some reason.

>ugly-handsome

The only reason benedict aaaay-lmao has any fans