So ive watched it for the first time today

So ive watched it for the first time today.

Fuck you Tom Cruise you made my heart melt.

The plot is pretty simple, tries to play on your emotions. But holy shit, Cruise is good at making those good old feel-good at the end movies. And the concept of alien civilization using the "best of us" against us is pretty neat. Visuals werent bad, sound design too. I guess its a forgettable movie

but jesus it just felt good in the end and didnt have this shit SJW political shit background in it. Just a good, simple movie. I made me relax and moved my heart a little. And that morgan freeman out of its ass was good too.

I liked it because it felt good. Anyone else felt the same way? I know its pretty old by Sup Forums standards but baneposting is old too so why not refresh our memories from time to time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1mkUp1V3ys0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

based cruise

Are you an effective team?

He's got pretty big balls, for such a small man.

Oh, and the movie is actually pretty good.

I fucking love Cruise, he genuinely wants the audience to have fun, master of his craft.
>55 years old

The visual designs were great and the plot was actually interesting. Nothing mind blowing but definitely one of the better original sci-fi movies in years.

What an iron man

>but jesus it just felt good in the end and didnt have this shit SJW political shit background in it.

I honestly could not tell you the last time I watched a movie and was aware of any "SJW political shit" in it. You crybabies choose to see this shit everywhere

i like to watch the first 30-40 min or so and then quit

im so glad i saw this in a theater

edge of tomorrow too. sad that they both sorta underperformed, but happy they exist

>the worlds gone to shit
>screen flashes trump, NK, Putin, Charlottesville kkk torches.

Fuck you faggot.

Yes please send more redhead clones so we can be even more effective team

Is a very simple movie, many references to other sci-fi so obvious at the point of being derivative, but it just works and is very enjoyable.

>points out a movie without sjw shit
>Hurr durr you see it Everywhere

Yehuda

>tfw no effective qt wife

Name 1 movie that's done this.

>shows Charlottesville
>doesnt show rodney king black people rioting (white trucker dragged out of his truck and smashed in the head with a cement brick)
>shows african kids starving instead
>and trump

>we're destroying the planet's climate with our capitalism

^this quote from absolutely every movie

Millennials don't want to watch old people

The robots were awesome, very scary.

He had a real purple patch with Oblivion, Jack Reacher and the Edge Of Tomorrow.

>Its a newfag who pretends to be oldfag episode.

this was decent I saw it in theaters

Based Tommy

>the truth has a liberal bias

I just mentioned SJW to underline the fact that this movie made me relaxed. Dont turn this thread into a political discussion please.

Just, enjoy the fact that it had this nice old-movie-like feeling. Id compare it to the die hard feeling. Like, just a movie. Not much more, but you don't want more. You re content.

not a movie but specifically S3E1 of Mr Robot. Similar left bias ubiquitous in hollywood production

My uncle got to work on the set of Oblivion because his pit bull got loose and ran away. Eventually it found it's way to the set of Oblivion and tackled Tom Cruise at which point Cruise and my uncle's pit bull started wrestling on the ground and playing. Everyone awww'd and Tom told everyone that if the owner is found, him and his dog can hang out on set since everyone loved the dog. My uncle wound up on that set every day and ended becoming a PA on some other films as a result. From what my uncle said, Cruise was a really good and stand up guy and treated everyone like friends.

I took a bar while watching this and all I can remember is the clones and it being decent and Tom running fast very high up

Is this true

I am the uncle and yes it is true.

I am Tom Cruise and yes it is true.

well you just memed yourself into a pasta. I hope it was worth it.

Absolutely 100%. He also met Spike Lee later on the set of Old Boy. He didn't know he was the director or who Spike Lee was when he met him. Just saw some small guy pull at the building where it was to be filmed. He was by himself in a box truck trying to move all this shit by himself so he helped him. They spent hours moving stuff and Spike bought him lunch. Funny thing is, my uncle is an old right-wing white guy biker type and he will always say Spike Lee is a 'good man' lol.

jesus christ right before 5 seconds in the front wheel almost takes his face off

This and LIVE DIE AND REPEAT, are some of the best examples of kino there are.

Iyeah the edge of tomorrow was very remisicent through the movie, especially the ending. It was holding me tight till the end, because I thought it's gonna be a flip and it will end badly, but then Morgan freeman went all smiley out of the pod and I almost felt as happy as after the edge of tomorrow's ending with cruise beautiful love smile no homo, he smiled at blunt

>no homo, he smiled at blunt

Seriously I wasn't sexually aroused

Yeah it was noice

Amazing soundtrack too

Cruise has the best smile in hollywood. He's the epitome of old hollywood charm, and one of the few action flick actors to actually give a shit about his craft.

sometimes i can't see through irony but i legitimately think cruise is a consummate professional and does a great job with any source material.

Pls míster roboto I can fix your drones and you fix my pussy for me

This film had great robots, fast efficiency killers that rarely miss and can wastes dozens of humans before being overwhelmed, fantastic sounds as well

I really dont care what this guy does in his private life, he really gives it his all when it comes to making movies.

agreed, this and Edge of Tomorrow are very underrated movies. Cruise is a master of the dying craft of the great mid-budget action movie

THIS WAS AWESOME I SAW IT IN IMAX

KOSINSKI'S FIREFIGHTER MOVIE WASNT EVEN BAD

DISNEY CANCELLING TRON 3 REMAINS UNFORGIVABLE

>Edge of Tomorrow are very underrated movies.
Bullshit. Pretty much everybody here sucks that movie's dick, undeservedly I might add.

Oblivion is shit though. The plot was freaking obvious and the "Fuck you Sally" felt totally undeserved because she's a mediocre bad guy

>we almost lost Tom Cruise to a shit movie

jesus fuck that was close boys

I remember at the time it came out it got bad reviews, even worse than you would expect stuffy fi;m critics to give to a slick tom cruise sci fi film. so i assumed it was shit and forgot about it

eventually got round to watching it. partially thanks to low expectations really enjoyed it. solid twist too

I am the pit bull and yes it's true.

love to get worked to get so worked up at the libs that i cant even enjoy movies

>solid twist too

as in the old lady was the bad guy or as in clones and shit?

Its not capitalism destroying the environment, its places like China and India. Hell the USSR was polluting the fuck out of the place too when it was around so its not a problem restricted by political system.

she's (good) in the death of stalin. good film

its been a while since i saw it. but you know the whole lot of them

>we work for aliums
>shit were clones
>humans didnt bugger off we got genocided

all that jazz was good. I liked the fact there was a nice gradient of predictability and out-of-left-fieldiness between kinks

I mean I pretty much saw all of that coming except the clone bit I guess but then again I'm probably more jaded than you are

nhhhggg

And why exactly do you think they pollute user

I'll give you a hint, it's not NOT to make as much money as they can as quickly as possible

Its because they lack proper legislation, oversight and restrictions.

ya cruise saving sci-fi

THE OLD LADY WAS A MISSION CONTROL VIDEO SIGNAL FROM NASA THAT THE EVIL SPACE AI ANALYZED AND EMULATED TO SPEAK TO THE CLONES

NO AUTISTIC NITPICKING HAS ANY BEARING ON OBLIVION BEING ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING SCIFIS EVER MADE

Plot: 6/20
Visuals: 10/10
Soundtrack: 10/10

Solid 8.6/10 film

Only gripe is that the preview showed Morgan Freeman so I knew that the weird creatures moving were people led by Morgan Freeman.

Because they know there's an alien race on its way to Earth to colonise it so they're trying to make it uninhabitable for them so they'll leave us alone?

>THE OLD LADY WAS A MISSION CONTROL VIDEO SIGNAL FROM NASA THAT THE EVIL SPACE AI ANALYZED AND EMULATED TO SPEAK TO THE CLONES

so what?

>ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING SCIFIS EVER MADE

I mean its a gazillion dollars hollywood movie, the least it can do is look nice

>I mean its a gazillion dollars hollywood movie, the least it can do is look nice
How can you look at the MCU and think this thing?

This a a red pill movie, like the matrix. I love seeing all the buzz about it.

He plays a character who is honest, hard working and OBLIVIOUS...until he finally finds out that reality is completely different than what he has been fooled to think.

Morgan Freeman is the Hermes character and it is my opinion that the evil AI represents Jehovah or the Gnostic Demiurge.

I look at the MCU and think "damn these effects are shit they cant even get that right"

>mfw I find out Kosinski's directing Top Gun II

I'm going to stop jerking off right now until the movie comes out

Fairly underrated and somewhat misunderstood just like Edge of Tomorrow. The effort Cruise puts in really shows.

I don't like the man but the one film I watched of his recently that surprised me was Edge of Tomorrow, pretty decent.

This and EoT came out around the same time. No one saw them and they bombed. But they were unironically both great.

Good movie with a massive plot hole in that the aliens just trusted him at the end despite knowing that he's gone rogue.

Movie started with a shit ton of narration and exposition. Dropped right there can see a lazy script from far away

IIIIIII NEED TO KNOOOW NOWW
NEED TO KNOOOW NOW
(Modern Tom Cruise movies end with him smiling at the camera)

You missed out.
youtube.com/watch?v=1mkUp1V3ys0

It was good.

Tom Cruise is really talented. Movie was just good.

One of the few good sci fi movies I've ever seen in the past 5 years.

But what about star wars

>has interstellar megaspaceship
>has an army of super efficient autonomous hunter killer drones
>doesn't know how to make robotic repairmen
so much for artificial "intelligence"

oblivion was solid
cruise was tolerable

Doesn't feel like I did desu

I quite liked the look of this movie and I later learned that it was the same director as the Halo 3 Believe Diorama ad.

How cool is that

>restoration of family values
>genetic memories pointing toward a scientific acceptance of the soul
>bad guy is an eye in a pyramid
>BASED MACAULEY
Went right over critics' heads.

EoT is great brainless fun, it's literally Groundhog Day as an alien invasion story. Oblivion has a soul.

>Spike Lee is a good boy
Anyone who promotes a dance move called "the Butt" can't be all -- bad.

The problem with EoT is we didnt hear Cage's inner thoughts and perspective like we did Keiji's, so we didnt get the 'slowly going insane due to the constant loops' conveyed as effectively.

AHAHAHA WHAT A RETARD HE CANT EVEN GET A SMALL JUMP RIGHT

> TFW you realise

A VERHOVEN / CRUISE / SCI FI IS STILL POSSIBLE

Best Cruise movie coming in