So, this seems to be the closest we get to the canonical ending to Daria. Thoughts?

So, this seems to be the closest we get to the canonical ending to Daria. Thoughts?
ew.com/tv/2017/04/03/daria-exclusive-see-what-daria-and-her-friends-look-like-today/

>Jane and her husband
>and her husband
>her
>husband.

No, I don't believe it.

They're all so old. I don't like seeing this. Better than the Doug ending though.

I'm glad Jane is happy, while Daria isn't. It feels right.

Better than those shitty adult Rugrats drawings.

>Daria more successful than Jane
>Jane happier than Daria

I guess I can agree with that.

I always liked the flash forward in "Write Where It Hurts," though. That seemed like the best ending for the Morgendorfers.

>Better than the Doug ending though.
Explain.

>Brittany
>Still with Kevin
calling bullshit

>today
>they've all aged 50 years
The fuck?

It's kind of stepping down to the ending of the series, where Britanny moved out of Kevin.

Making them back together is kind of crushing out her character development.

Who made those?

Is it college yet?

>Stop calling me bro.

According to the video, one of the show's co-creators and the show's character designer.

If you had the chance to marry Indiana Jones would you pass that shit up?

I remember the show's creator saying he thought Daria would grow up to write for television, so they got that right at least.

Daria is the only one who looks like she's in her mid-to-late thirties, which is where twenty years older would put her; the rest look like they're well into their forties or even pushing fifty.

Jake could pass for a few years older than Trent rather than a couple decades.

Why do they all live in New York now?

Because.

Why would Brit get back with Kevin? She goes away for college and breaks up with him in the series finale.

I can see the rest working, though I can't see Daria making a run for NYC of all places.

>brittany and kevin
nope, this is shit.

>customer isn't upchuck

this doesn't really sound right, it's like their life went straight when they hit 18, when in real life, the 18-25 era is often chaotic and prone to 180's

>Jane
>Husband

Toppest Kek

I don't like what they did to Quinn. The funniest part of the show to me was that Quinn was actually smarter than Daria if she decided to faocus on anything for more than a few seconds, no matter how hard Daria tried to pretend otherwise.

Daria should have ended up working in the DMV.

>smarter
In what fucking dimension?

Not that user but in a handful of episodes they did push the point that through all of Daria's posturing she was just as obnoxious and one dimensional as the people she shit on. I feel like that was something they were leading up to but didn't have time to explore fully before being shitcanned.

yeah, this is kindof my thoughts. no one grew up? or changed? yeah. no.

Not that user, but in which episodes do we see Quinn as smarter?

Man, such a long time since I saw the show. Are there any good quality seeds out there? Did the show grow old gracefully, or will I just be disappointed if I watch it again now?

Quinn's general story arc in the last season (and especially the finale movie) was about her breaking away from the influence of the Fashion Club and becoming her own person - which included embracing her intelligence and doing better at school.

>Are there any good quality seeds out there?

Plenty. But if you are after the authentic experience, look for the "Reconstruction" torrent, which pairs the video of the DVDs with the original audio tracks of the show as it aired (99.9% of all the music had to be replaced for the DVDs). There is at least one joke where the original music is integral to making said joke work, and the replacement music just does not cut it.

>Did the show grow old gracefully, or will I just be disappointed if I watch it again now?

It will definitely feel dated in terms of plot, setting, and music choices. And the pre-Tom seasons arguably aged the best and have the better episodes. But taken on a whole and for what it is? Yeah, it aged okay.

Your enjoyment of the show, however, will depend on whether you like Daria as a character. Most of the show's fans will agree that she is a bit of a pill for most of the show's run, especially in the Tom seasons.

>People age differently
Its way more common than you thnik, user.

Everyone ending up in New York is weird, but symptomatic of "only New York and LA exist"

Britanny taking back Kevin instead of becoming a professional Cheerleading coach just completely breaks her story from the end of the series.

Daria never struck me as a cat person, I'd imagine that if she did get a pet, it would be more exotic and antisocial than a cat. Like an iguana or something.

Helen and Jake finally stress free and happy in retirement tracks, though.

I disagree with the concept of "tom season". Tom episodes is more accurate, as he was a "all or nothing" plot element. I agree he wasn't so good though. More of a plot device to have Daria show her shallow side than a character. It says a lot when he ends up less fleshed out than Britanny or Stacy.

When I say "Tom seasons", I mean the seasons that had Tom in them, not that the seasons were wholly concentrated on him. The show took a downward swing after he became a character.

Maybe Kevin got character development on these 20 years and they had an offscreen arc.

Daria is a literal genius, Quinn just isn't as stupid as she acts. I don't think you were supposed to get "Quinn is the smart one and Daria is a poser imposter" from either of their arcs.

>Reconstruction
Daria Restoration Project

ah the delusion that you can just grow up to happiness.

That Helen is cute.

>She lives in a loft in SoHo with her husband
>with her husband

Fffffffffffffffffffffffuck this thing!

This is the opposite extreme of the "Is It College Yet?" credits: instead of giving the characters crazy futures, they're all doing the same shit they were doing in the series, only older. It's especially bizarre with Quinn, whose character arc in the later seasons included growing less shallow.

On the other hand, people who expected Jane to be gay really weren't paying attention.

didn't the final set of credits show how everyone actually ended up?

This seems right.

Yea Jake and Helen finding some happy really squares it for me.

>Jane to be gay really weren't paying attention.

Pretty much every time someone is wrong on that score.

Jim Jenkins, who based Doug on himself, met the girl Patti was based on years later. She was gorgeous and successful and they really clicked... Then she introduced him to her husband.

>more antisocial than a cat
I love cats, but they're kind of jerks.

>janefags btfo

Feels good man. I always knew she was a fake lesbian.

hahahahaha