I've been lethargic and severely demotivated for several years now; I'm watching my life pass me by

I've been lethargic and severely demotivated for several years now; I'm watching my life pass me by.

Give me a film that will snap me out of this funk before it's too late to be whatever I want to be.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UaIXUXdYthA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

unironically Drive

same

to kill a mockingbird
(Focus on boo radley)

watch comedies lmao
t. user in the same situation

The Elephant Man.
Hang in there, user. Progress is slow, but getting help and finding little reasons to keep going adds up after a while.
Also, I know it's Sup Forums, but Kaiji has some fantastic life insights. Don't let the art fool you, it's great.

thanks.
best of luck on your journeys, bros.

it never gets better and no movie will ever give you the kick in the nuts you so desperately crave

More like Weeaboo Radley

Man I love Kaiji

That actually looks amazing (and I don't really watch anime). Thanks a lot for the rec, user. I think I'll start watching it today.

Do you recommend dub or sub?

It's a matter of willpower. I'm self-aware of the self-destructive habits I'm perpetuating.

so am I, have been for a decade. Still haven't woken up,

>26 years old
>make only 50k a year
>net worth measly 90k
>own zero (0) units of crypto-currency
>even 22 year old university grads are making 80k starting now

Who else /total failure/ here?

With all due respect, I'll try my best not to end up in your shoes. It's just about starting a productive routine and then getting used to it.

It's weird. No one IRL would ever peg me as a burgeoning NEET. I have two Bachelors' and have the opportunity to go to graduate school or find a quality job, but I'm kind of just letting the tide carry me. Was it the same for you?

You're not bad off at all. You could do with a raise and who doesn't regret investing in bitcoin early, but it's really just the dawn of cryptocurrency and Internet marketing in general. Hell, VR hasn't even hit yet which will be the real game-changer when it comes to consumer demographics. You're doing alright, user.

Also, people getting an $80K+ offer out of undergrad are either Ivy League standouts, have awesome connections through family/friends, or have a compsci/coding background. It's honestly worth it to learn coding; it'll be necessary for the future.

read the stranger and the myth of sisyphus by Camus

>25
>dropout neet

someone always posts the >total failure copypasta and it's similar to this (usually a forklift operator) and the original writer is doing a lot better than a lot of us on these boards would ever like to admit.

>30
>make 0 a year
>net worth 0
>own zero currency

feelin better yet?

Oh go fuck yourself.
>50k/year
That's not /total failure/ you fucking asshole.

There's only a subbed version. Hope you like it.

I've read The Stranger, of course. Not sure getting wrapped up in existentialism is gonna give me the rocket boost I need.

>pity party general
Can we not

Spotlight. Focus on serving others.
"Keep doing your work."

You don''t need a film, you need a goal. Anything. Even if it's small, just set yourself a target. And do something to achieve it. Even if you can only do 5 minutes at a time, just do 5 minutes at a time. Put one foot after the other, that's all you need to do. This was the best advice I ever got.

>give me a film to watch to make me proactive

>measuring "success" by how much money and material goods you possess

It's definitely practical advice.
It's always nice to feel momentary inspiration or really anything poignant at all. I'm hoping I can hold on to a strong feeling I catch one of these days.

Paprika

That's how life works.

Watch One Piece it's a very positive show about following your dreams

I've been in your shoes. That never happens.

>net worth measly 90k

Jesus Christ how is this even mathematically possible?

I followed this advice
Backfired hard. "positive messages" is just propaganda. I majored in propaganda. The reality of the workplace is "the false sense of security to pretend things aren't about the job's about to get worse."

Sorry you are a bug

hmmm. Trainspotting?

Then I guess I'll just have to spite my own chickenshit unwillingness to work. I'll drag myself through structured days until they start feeling natural. I think that's really the only way to escape the trenches of NEETdom.

I prefer "pest"

sure are a lot of happy and fulfilled homeless people

>to be whatever I want to be.

my sweet summer child

Life is what you make of it. I've talked with a local panhandler whos a real genuine content guy.

I'm older than you and after taxes, I bring home around 11k.
You realize I see you way better off than you do comparing yourself to them? To me you're living like a fucking king.

It's relative.

I have options, luckily. I just want to shake this feeling of unwillingness to work so I don't drag my knuckles through life. I don't think it'll be possible to be happy otherwise. I'll always feel unfulfilled if I don't achieve my potential, or I'll grow accepting of it (which is worse IMO). I'd like to avoid that level of forlorn hope.

At the end of the day, hard work gets you everything. It leads to success, to healthy relationships, to healthy lifestyles, and so on. Without hard work, you have to be born rich or exceedingly lucky. I'm not a lottery winner, but I'm luckily enough to be born with a very good head on my shoulders—I need to make use of it.

don't set your target too high to begin with. Structure ONE thing about your life first, and keep NEETing till that's sorted. Then keep adding to it. If you try and fix everything you'll give up after a week. Good luck

sure he is. I bet the thought warms his nights on the pavement

Yup, I've been in that phase before. For a while, I was doing well with meeting obligations (attending class, hitting the gym, talking to girls, making new friends, etc.). I've just become a slob lately. It's time to uproot!

Thanks for the well wishes, user. I wish you luck as well.

>33
>made 53k this year
>only 25K in savings
time to order the old helium tank

He sleeps in a car and couch surfs.

bet he smokes weed too

Ignore everyone else's shitty recommendations and watch Ikiru. It's not a film about cancer, it's a film about living. Imagine yourself in the protagonist's shoes.

It sounds great, user. I'm downloading it now. Thanks for the rec.

youtube.com/watch?v=UaIXUXdYthA

This is seriously, without a doubt, the perfect film you, OP.

Comfy

Unironic, movies won't help you, they might depress you or give you a false sense of motivation, but you really gotta search within yourself. For what? Well, you know best and anybody that claims to 'know' something or that proclaims absolutes is ultimately false and, as the Trumpster say, WRONG.

Focus on each thing and do one thing at a time. Take it easy, but do something. Godspeed.

Oh, I bet I'll relate. Thanks, user.
Absolutely, man. I'm going to go to sleep early, wake up early, and spend the day learning as much as I can about alkene and alkyne reactions. I appreciate the advice.