youtu.be/6HR8fFSAJxM?t=3m
youtube.com/watch?v=9hJkvwoddxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

...to this?

Him.

Beast Machines was a mistake.

What the fuck? What happened there? I don't remember that

Beast Machines was fucking awesome

Beast Machines grows on you over time, believe me I hated it to begin with.

I was just happy to see the old gang back in action. IDW done some halfway decent comics.

The Gathering I think? I've got them somewhere.

checked

>Beast Machines grows on you over time, believe me I hated it to begin with.
Still hasn't grown on me....maybe by the time I'm 50 or something

>I was just happy to see the old gang back in action. IDW done some halfway decent comics.
Very briefly....extremely desu, they are in it but they're kinda just in the background though or had brief appearances, it mostly just focuses on toy characters who didn't get into the show, which was pretty awesome IMO nonetheless

Beast Machines makes more sense if you think of Primal as being a villain

>Dan DiDio (born October 13, 1959) was an executive at Mainframe Entertainment assigned to the Transformers franchise during the third season of Beast Wars. Dan is best known for being the producer who informed Marv Wolfman that Beast Wars had no ties to the original series and to do as he pleased with Generation 1 continuity when outlining Beast Machines, and then instructed Bob Skir and Marty Isenberg to disregard any previous incarnations of the series in writing Beast Machines, as Beast Wars was too "continuity-heavy".

>In an extremely strange precursor of things to come in Beast Machines, Mainframe's original concept for Rattrap during Beast Wars was to capitalize on the exposed "brain" of the toy and make Rattrap a deeply flawed character. Originally, Rattrap's scanning and transformation technology was to fail, leaving him basically half-formed, with an exposed brain, wiring, "veins", an asymmetrical body, arms of uneven lengths, and malformed organic sections in robot mode. On top of all that, he was hooked up to a "colostomy bag-like heating cable" to stress his need for life support. Rattrap's overall story arc would have been, of course, about him accepting and overcoming his near-fatal flaws. This approach was entirely nixed by the limits of CGI in rendering convincing organic innards at the time... and the fact that his model would have been massively far off from the actual toy probably also factored into it. However, the idea of a defective Transformer was later revisited in season 2 with the introduction of Transmutate. The idea of Rattrap dealing with the limitations of an "inferior" body seems to surface in Beast Machines as well.

>You are now aware BM Rattrap was a 90's wheelchair computer wiz character

Oh my fuck, this was my shit back in the day.
Look at the colors, man!

youtube.com/watch?v=2s8Os_32qQY

Beast Machines bruh. Separate show. Most people will tell you it's the worst thing ever made but it's really just uneven. It's got a bad start and a bad end but there was some really good morally ambiguous conflict going on around in the middle. They just kind of dropped the ball on it.

>Most people will tell you it's the worst thing ever made
It's better than most Transformers animu at least, not that that's saying anything, but it's not the WORST

>Leave my vehicle form Megatron and Waspinator outside on accident one day
>Some kid swipes them

FUUUUCKKKKKK

>getting rideof the water gun dino head
Why would you do that?

My best friend had that one, so basically I had it too. We owned a shit ton and played every day.
I had that super red dragon Megatron though. Shit was so cash.

>That lush purple and bronze
Transmetal was the shit.

Remember that time Rattrap stood up to Megatron?
youtu.be/6HR8fFSAJxM?t=3m

3:00 by the way

>Hey guys, you know that show Beast Wars that everyone hated at first but by the end everyone loved due to it's charm, fun and well-developed characters?
>well fuck that noise, let's make something completely different!

More like Based Wars amirite.

youtube.com/watch?v=9hJkvwoddxY

Well, first you get a guy to write a sequel show without watching the first one...
Really that's it

> beast machines
> idw
Soo much shit for only one post

Shit taste the post

To be fair, there was really nothing wrong with the Beast Wars comics from IDW, they were pretty good and pretty much served as a side story for Beast Wars, just using all the characters who never got in the show taking place during Beast Wars but not effecting it, it was pretty much full fanservice

Beast Machines doesn't exist.

If only

I seriously hope you're not implying the original color schemes were good.
They were drab.

Transmetal 1 was the best any bot looked in Beast Wars

Did this comic just not sell at all so it was never continued, or was it never meant to?

How do we not have some sort of continuation to Beast Wars? Like a continuation after season 3?

It's better than Transformers Energon but that's not really saying much. At the end of the day, I just pretend Beast Machines was a horrible fever dream.

>Did this comic just not sell at all so it was never continued, or was it never meant to?
It ended when Beast Machines began story wise, pic related was the final page
>How do we not have some sort of continuation to Beast Wars? Like a continuation after season 3?
Beast Machines was the continuation

So why did Megatron wanted to merge as one with Cybertron?

who got fucked over harder rattrap or rhinox

is a hard question

Rhinox, without question. At least Rattrap was still able to be himself. They flat out character assassinated Rhinox, even thinking about what they did to him, to this day, pisses me off.
Yeah, lets take one of the more universally beloved characters of Beast Wars, and a nice guy to boot, and turn him into a total psychopath.

It doesn't even make sense, like at all....Tankor could have been just as effective as he was just being a new character, literally no reason for it other than some idiotic attempt at pretension, which probably defines the whole show

I always liked that time Silverbolt opened his mouth real wide

...to this?

>Niece leaves my old 1998 Godzilla toy in church one day
>Go back 5 minutes later and it's gone

to be fair silverbolt was always pretty retarded looking

at least rhinox got to die

Two people: DiDio and whomever the fuck designed that monstrosity.

tfw STILL have the super red dragon megatron

its so fucking cash money

Depth charge was my main nigga.

I was really sad I didn't get any of the cool fusion beast wars as a kid.