This show is wasted potential

This show is wasted potential

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6xFCsQ6dCHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my life is wasted potential t b h

>Not Rock Candy

Just like what your mom thinks whenever she sees you.

That's why the general is in trash and why you need to head over there with it

Why so salty

It never had potential in the first place.

It did surprisingly when Mirror Gem and Arrival/JailBreak happened

all episode after jailbreak are filler , zero theory and no improvement of story .

That's why it's called The OP Show.

Reposting from another thread

>make a show about a human/alien hybrid with superhuman powers, a trio of alien warrior caretakers and pet lion with FTL travel powers
>who are later on joined by another alien with doomsday-level water bending powers and a technician with metal bending abilities
>all of which are currently in a rebellion against an advanced interstellar alien empire

>spend 80% of the show focusing on the emotional issues of a 14-year old boy and his unremarkable human friends
>spend another 10% in the gay barn
>spend the other 10% advancing the already scarce story at snail's pace

Ok Sup Forums I dare you to name ONE show that has more wasted potential than this

So basically you wanted an anime when the show was always about Steven growing up.

>zero theory
What?

The best fact is how everyone is ignoring that Homeworld is a massive, multi world empire that needs to invade and take over planets with not just life but sentient, intelligent life and this means the universe must have alien life with such prevalence as to sustain Homeworld

But let's just have episodes with town people going over mundane shit that could be in any other show.

Didn't Sugar say that this show was never going to be a space opera?
The show was always supposed to be SoL with a bit of aliens.

Steven doesn't grow

Physically.

Well then they are really fucking up because the SoL episodes are the worst episodes now

>cool fusion mechanic
>grows in relevance massively out of proportion to its coolness

>stoic and cool character but with poor people skills
>becomes team mom and guru on all things fusion, a role both emotional and centered around people skills

>dorky teen excited to be part of superhero team
>becomes nu-male messiah 8 year old

>various mystical and enigmatic enemies/threats
>get their mystery sucked dry and turned into sesame street characters

I don't know if the ideas were ever exceptionally good, but they could have served as a springboard for a really good show with a more competent team

Or mentally. The guy is severely mentally stunted. He's supposed to be 14 years old, that's old enough to be in high school.

>>becomes team mom
Garnet was always team mom.

The worst part is how they are killing every character's personality. Peridot and Lapis especially.

Keep in mind that Steven was homeschooled for most o f his life and probably never left Beach City.
He's been coddled all his life.

>another Steven Universe thread about nothing.
>possibly another false flag thread.

Nobody really liked the SoL episodes.

Everyone knows this. Everyone knows Steven is a mentally and socially stunted to the point of fans collectively agree he has some social or mental disorder. The point is that the guy I was responding to (hopefully not you) was arguing that it was about Steven growing when the kid never grows. Like it's literally a plot point that he grows physically when he grows mentally and he is frozen in time.

>Homeworld starts off as a terrifying interstellar empire consisting of vast armies of immortal, genocidal warriors
>Ends up as a bunch of incompetent mooks led by a psychotic giraffe, with the other leaders either being nowhere to be found or in an eternal state of grieving and crying
>They're actually running out of resources somehow, and are only producing shittier versions of gems

>>dorky teen excited to be part of superhero team
>>becomes nu-male messiah 8 year old
Steven was technically always "8".
He was 12 at the beginning and later turned 12 but always remained in the body of an eight year old.

He just acts like Star Butterfly. Let's just hope he doesn't cuck himself with Connie.

It's weird.
People say that Steven never changed yet others say he's changed too much.

He literally. Doesn't. Change.

>it's literally a plot point that he grows physically when he grows mentally and he is frozen in time.

The only time he changes is when they fuck up their animation

Isn't this because there are no villains in SU?

I think the hatebase is more active in the threads than the actual fans.

They are, the only thing more autistic than a rabid fanbase is a rabid hatebase. See: Sup Forums.

>>dorky teen excited to be part of superhero team
>>becomes nu-male messiah 8 year old
It's amazing; when SU started out, everyone on Sup Forums hated Steven's guts.
Four years later, everyone is riding S1 Steven's dick.

I can't believe they jumped the shark on the diamonds.

First villain was peridot, then Jasper. Now it's just the general fear of Homeworld with no face.

White Diamond still hasn't been revealed yet.

>I can't believe they jumped the shark on the diamonds.
How? They have a motivation for the things they do instead of being generic galactic overlords.

Why do SU fags always go for the anime strawman? The show is already ripping off anime constantly.

antagonist=/=villain

They are the leaders of homeworld. They went from Peridot to Jasper to the Diamonds. You have to acknowledge that it's a little bit of a long jump.

Oh god damn it you know what I mean. Someone working against the Crystal Gems across multiple episodes. A continued threat.

>assuming I'm an SU fag.
>implying it's a strawman.
It doesn't take a genius to see that SU is inspired by magical girl anime, which is shojo. Shojo anime usually revolves around feelings and charcter development with a side of SoL and romance.

People were expecting something more along the lines of DBZ with fights in every episode and hotblooded protagonist.
If you want that, OK KO premiers in the summer.

This is why I'm really putting all hope in White Diamond's reveal or the reveal of some unseen threat bigger than Homeworld or the Gems. Like some Galactus-level planet eater or something.

I want to believe this show is building up to something big but a part of me knows I'm just building myself up for even more disappointment.

Maybe SU sucks because it fails at being a Shojo then? The character development in SU is horrible. If anything character gets worse over time as we see with Jasper and Lapis or they don't change at all as we see with Steven. There is an entire plot point over him literally not changing emotionally of physically.

And SU has become terrible at doing SoL. If it's meant to be SoL then they should do SoL well.

home world is doing nothing from season 2 to season 4 .

Which is good for earth. I haven't watch the show recently but once Homeworld gets wind of the Crystal Gems still being alive and the cluster have failed then they are going to get glassed from space

Anime fans please go and take your degeneracy with you

>show inspired from anime
>has horrible writing, tons of fillers, terribly written and overly emotional characters, no progressive, multiple hiatuses, and is ameteur animation

Color me shocked

is it just me, or are the lyrics wrong?

> "... once Homeworld gets wind of the Crystal Gems still being alive and the cluster have failed then they are going to get glassed from space"

In other words, the Antagonists are so overpowered that if they become aware of the protagonists the protagonists will be annihilated (Show Over)...

This essentially means that the Protagonists have to bend over backwards to stay off the Antagonist's radar, which would be fine (perhaps even interesting) if the Protagonists had a concrete direction, motivation, or conflict driving them to actually do something of consequence like resisting, sabotaging, plotting, attacking, or preparing to confront the Antagonist...

But SU doesn't do that, because that would make for an actually interesting narrative...

> InB4 but it's a SoL show

That doesn't mean Steven can progress as a character, which he doesn't. He knows more about his history and the setting sure, he has new skills and powers sure, but his character itself has not evolved in any substantial way from how he was in the first season...

There is a fire under Steven's arse: the diamonds are coming to Earth, if he has any sense in the gourd he calls a head he should realize this and be panicking, or trying to make preparations, or doing literally anything other than partake in inane SoL shanannigans...

youtube.com/watch?v=6xFCsQ6dCHY

He's more fucked than Aang was but he's less interested in the shit going on around him and preparing for the inevitable happening than fucking Dipper was

Probably something to do with us having this thread multiple times a day every day for weeks on end.
I don't even like the show anymore and I think this is gratuitous.

Get rid of Peridot/Lapis and the townies.

Problems solved.

I think Blue Diamond is a perfect example of how the staff has no moderation when it comes to characters' emotions. A gigantic overlord coming to a backwater planet to pay respects for her dead sister one last time is a cool image. It's much less cool when you find out she's grieving 24/7.

>Even needing to produce more gems

They should have already reached the point of self sufficiency

Thank you! Even the fucking gem matriarchs have mental disorders. Apparently designing characters without shit like that is hard

no just wasted air time

Normally I rip on lore-fags as much as the next person, but all townie and off-gem episodes of the last season and a half have just been bad. Just finish the story while you still can, Sugar, because CN's cleaning house and you're next on the chopping block. You DO have a story to finish, don't you?