General grievous, you're shorter than I expected

>general grievous, you're shorter than I expected
What did he mean by this? Wasn't he like 7 feet tall?

He was just provoking him

t.socialautist

lucas was using a movie cliche because he doesn't know how to write actual dialogue

It was poking fun at Genndy Grievous being like 10 feet tall because George was pissed Genndy made a superior product

When he was healthy, Grievous could stand up straight and therefore appear at his full height.

When Anikin met him, he was sick and hunched over, making him look shorter than normal

It's like calling the tallest guy in the room "tiny".

Anakin isn't especially clever or cool.

OP, your autism is showing

This guy should've been what was in EP. 3, honestly. Also, the style was Superior to the clone wars 3d cartoon.

>A movie cliché
>From star wars a new hope

um sweatie no...

I just watched the Episode 1: Phantom Menace

And it is superior to anything Disney has made hands down. They're not even in the same league.

He was having a goof

Maybe he expected him to be 8?

>Anakin has clashed with Grievious countless times proceeding this scene
>greets him like he's never seen him before

I actually dont think they meet in person in the show.

More?

>uses older ahsoka instead of younger
>didn't even use the sluttier ashoka slave outfit from the comic
>this slave outfit is actually less revealing than her usual costume

you kidding? this show can't fucking do anything right

Anakin/Vader was trying to be funny. 90% of his dialogue can be taken in a humorous light, despite its context.

He was /ourguy/ and laughed regardless of his shit life, even if he was the only one laughing.

R2 TURN OFF THE AUTO PILOT IT'S GONNA GET US KILLED
WOOAHH!!
NOW THIS IS POD RACING
I'LL TRY SPINNING THAT'S A GOOD TRICK!

god damn the show aged like shit

In the 3D clone wars cartoon Ani and Grievous never saw each other, even Ahsoka fought him but not anakin. In a 3 years war Ani never saw Grievous and because of a shit dumb line in EP3 that Lucas didnt put a single ounce of thought in we didnt got to see a fantastic fight scene in Clone Wars thanks Lucas you fucking dumb autistic hack

Can you even hear yourself?
The OT is BUILT on cliches.

You are certifiably insane. The level of cognitive dissonance in people who shit on the PT for things the OT is just as guilty of just boggles the mind.

Change Anakin with Obi-wan and you'll have one of my issues with that show
>Grievous does the 4-arm showoff and proceeds to attack like if Obi-wan didn't know he has 4 fucking arms.

Genddywars is style over substance
Filoniwars is substance over style for the first two seasons and then becomes substance and style with the new character models and much more fluid animation in the later seasons

Grievous shouldve been left out of Episode 3 though in my opinion and it shouldve focused more on Dooku, or Grievous shouldve also been introduced a movie earlier.

>Grievous shouldve been left out of Episode 3 though in my opinion and it shouldve focused more on Dooku, or Grievous shouldve also been introduced a movie earlier.
Why do people never act like this toward the OT?
You could just as easily talk about how Yoda's "no, there is another" line is weird because it makes it seem like Obi Wan didn't know that, making RotJ inconsistent.
Or talk about how the Death Star not coming out of Hyperspace anywhere but in a place that would require it to slowly shuffle out from behind is stupid, etc.
It's like the OT is absolved of critical thinking.

The double standard is totally and completely insane.

>making RotJ inconsistent.

RotJ IS inconsistent

>It's like the OT is absolved of critical thinking.

It isnt plenty of people here will tell you how much Return is shit, including me, hovewer people are more willing to forgive OT bad bits, plotholes and others shenanigas because the OT movies were fun

>Genddywars is style over substance
It fills the gap between the movies perfectly just like it was another movie. Although volume 1 is less centered in the main characters, it is still GOAT regardless.
>Filoniwars is substance
Yes if that substance is a puddle of crappy retcons with some good stuff floating around it.

But then you're admitting to a double standard seeing as fun is unquantifable.
The OT is a narrative ans scripting mess just like the PT, so it's odd to attack the PT for that.

Why not just spam the board with "the PT is boring" posts instead?

General Grievous... You're a big guy

>But then you're admitting to a double standard seeing as fun is unquantifable.

You may think that but in the end it truly doesn't matter everyone will just say the OT is fun and the PT isnt it, not in a boring way, a bad way, in the end the OT got more good things than bad things, the same cant be said about PT.

>The OT is a narrative ans scripting mess just like the PT
Not really. Both are clumsy with respect to certain details, and RotJ really is something of a mess overall, but the original films do several things better with respect to story and certainly characters.

I agree people overlook the OT's problems in their witch-hunt with the prequels and TFA, but I still wouldn't equate it to them in any sense.

But George wrote the OT
he’s saying a veritable fact about his skill, not picking sides in some battle between OT and prequel

>The OT is BUILT on cliches.
K, but they make sake, which is the problem here. Seems like you're just an autist who actually likes the prequels, lol.

But I can point you to an equivalent lame line in the OT
>What a wonderful smell you've discovered!
Straight out of a PT script, easy.

>the same cant be said about PT.
Objective source?

>but the original films do several things better with respect to story and certainly characters.
Objective source?

*infects you with treatment-resistant lice*

I guess that line doesn't make sense, you're right.

*thanks you for your generous gift*

>Objective source?

Would you rather a link to metascores, that objectively shows the opinions of movie critics about movies, to box offices, that objectively show how well received movies are to the general public, or just some random poll, that will objectively show how many people prefer the OT to PT?

Those are all collections of subjective opinions, besides box office (for which I will pull out the Transformers vs Bladerunner argument).

What would you consider "objective" then?

Nothing, that's the point.

Movies are made to emotionally effect the viewer. That's cinema.
The most you can objectively talk about is technical proficiency.
There is no objectively good or objectively bad. Only technically good and technically bad.
And that is not an evaluation of how much something made you feel because that is- yes, ENTIRELY subjective.

Smelly boy.

It’s a subjective failure faggot
Let me cum in your eyes and seal them shut.. and poz blessing for eternity

sneed

There isn't an "objective source" available for either position, and I wasn't implying that there was.

I was merely saying that while I agree with you partially I don't agree with you on the whole. If you find the prequels as skillfully written and as interesting as the OT, more power to you. I don't think they share the same flaws, though -- at least not all of them.

>Movies are made to emotionally effect the viewer

Yeah and objectively speaking, based on all the available data, the OT emotionally affected more human beings than the PT, which probably means the OT got things more objectively right than the PT, which probably means that objectively the OT is better than the PT, which means the OT truly has more good things than bad things, unlike the PT.

Not how that works i'm afraid. There isn't a tipping point when a certain number of the same opinions turn into a fact.
See: competing popular religions with many on both sides that are totally convinced they are correct.

it was written by a fat pedo, the actor didn't mean anything

>Can't understand that Anakin is fucking with Grievous

see

Religions arent movies tho, and the number of PT lovers surely aren't as big as OT lovers

Now we're back where we started- that there is no objective measurement of emotional affectation.
You can only measure amounts of a groups emotional affectation, which is irrelevant since no two people are alike and will react differently to different things, making a group measurement like that beside the point.
It would probably say more about a given culture than the film in question.

>"General Grievous, you're more of a manlet than I expected"

>The double standard is totally and completely insane.

Narrative collapse.

When a story gets enough things right, people tend to overlook the bad bits. The OT got enough things right. PT didn't. Therefore, PT gets shit on. It's not so much a double standard as it is people literally not noticing, because they're enjoying the story that much. But when you're sitting and watching a film, bored out of your skull by characters sitting around talking about trade sanctions and politicians voting to form a committee to investigate a thing, then you're just going to notice all the other shit as well.

>The OT got enough things right. PT didn't.
Objective source pls

Current me thinks Grievous was better as a Gendy character and that his appearance in E3 was unnecessary and only served as weird unrelated plot filler in the middle.

10 year old me was hype as fuck for four lightsaber robot however and I don't think they made a mistake at all.

Is there a possibility that R2 was actually piloting the ship much of the time? That would make more sense to me.

Well I'm sorry user but I simply have to disagree. We have two products, OT and PT, both sold to essentialy the same public, and 90% of the public says in all available data, in all formats, that OT is better, which probably says witch product is objectively better, that just makes sense to me

I don't think it does. The average person is by definition of average intelligence. And the PT demands more attention with its "boring" politics etc.

You're assuming a lot about the general public in your favor.

>"General Grievous, I thought you were an adult?"

So you are saying that you have to be above average intelligence to appreciate the PT storyline?

I'm saying that you're assuming that the average person has good taste.

He thought general grevious was taller than he actually was.

Its likely that the Astromech droid was an important part of the ship and capable of providing significant control and system input. That seems to be part of its functions.

I can see maybe that R2 was doing alot of the technical ship related stuff and Anakin was just pointing and shooting and getting a few lucky parts.