This show is easily the Cartoon Network equivalent of Avatar: The Last Airbender

This show is easily the Cartoon Network equivalent of Avatar: The Last Airbender

>well told, coherent story
>well done emotional moments
>in depth characters
>great action
>beautiful visuals
>awesome and detailed world
>feels like an epic movie
>great morals

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6yGZJFMInQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop false flagging, you make all us SUfags look bad., as if we didn't look bad enough as is.

Obvious bait.

>"All right, what is a cartoon a lot of people don't like on Sup Forums or are sick of seeing threads about?"
>"Steven Universe? Ok, let's make threads about it constantly saying it's a masterpiece."

Stop baiting or at least make the bait good

kill your self my dude

>This show is easily the Cartoon Network equivalent of Avatar

maybe the first season but then its more like korra, a fucking disappointing follow up

Fuck off Sugar

People who create bait threads need to be banned

>This show is easily the Cartoon Network equivalent of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Nah, nigga nah. Nowhere near close.

I know this is bait but it's a lot like Korra

It keeps going downwards though

I blame having no antagonists. After Jasper died the show became a bunch of internal conflicts with steven and I just can't be bothered to care. They really screwed the pooch by taking out Jasper so early considering how good of a villain she was

The only reason Sup Forums hates this show is because it's a popular cartoon.

Although there is some truth to that statement

It has a good story, but it is NOT well told. 11 minute episodes don't do it justice.

I feel like this show just became poison for discussion
I do like it but it just feels you can't have a neutral opinion on it anymore and you either think it's the greatest thing ever or just or the worst show to ever exist because if a dare mention then bait and dumb arguments well just be around the corner
I say one of the reasons for it is the of the su fanbase being infected with sjws

Please stop no, you can barely compare it to korra with how hard its dropping its ball.

Say what you will about atla, but its pretty good bryke withstanding. You cant compare su to it.

kys

or maybe of the irritating characters and shit artstyle.

I like the show a great deal, but I'll definitely acknowledge that it has major flaws.

The inconsistency in the art style is the big one.
Another is that I think it's held back by its short run-time. It's trying to blend a bunch of genres and themes, and you can't really get all that done in eleven and a fraction minute episodes.
Related to the last one, arcs are built up well, but end too quickly. The Cluster, Jasper, Malachite, these were all built up as big bads really, really well, but in practice the final encounter with them all went by fast and easy.

Also, I don't mind most townie episodes, but holy shit that recent one with Ronaldo was cancer.

Why do people reply to this terrible bait every day?

Genuine SUfags know the show is shit

SU would be like Korra if Korra, after season 1, proceeded to have no villain other than a general threat of the spirit world invading and spent most episodes going through personal issues with Katara and the rest though bullshit filler with random town people

>obvious bait
>everyone falls for it

More like people post bait threads, then same fag, then other people actually discuss the show.

Welcome to Sup Forums.

>Back when the show was all mystery and slow building lore, nobody but Sup Forums gave a fuck about it
>Now that it's barely anything but fluff and filler, people won't shut up about how "amazing" it is
Meh, it's aight

I would say the A:TLA comparison is apt. Not because of the quality of either show or anything like, but because of board saturation and the show's progression from "undiscovered diamond in the rough" to "generally well-liked" to "mildly contentious" to "basically impossible to discuss on Sup Forums anymore".

It's easy to forget now, because it's been so long, but during its final season, Avatar: The Last Airbender saturated Sup Forums so completely that discussion of the show really was just about as pointless as trying to discuss Steven Universe is now. This was before MLP and the worst parts of Homestuck happened, so the idea of creating a "containment board" just for A:TLA couldn't even be conceived of, but I guarantee if 2008 Sup Forums had known it was an option, they would have called for it during the weekend of Sozin's Comet.

Ask any oldfag among you, they'll tell you what it was like. It's been almost ten years, and only now is it possible to discuss A:TLA in anything resembling an objective way. The same will come to pass for Steven Universe, after it ends, and after it's had time to fall away from the board's general consciousness.

Why do you do this? What joy do you gain from nurturing contempt and hatred?

totally agree, in fact I think that Steven Universe is better than Avatar

Steven Universe is the best thing in animation as a whole. It's a gift from God. This show has reached levels that Don Bluth even at his best could only dream of. It is truly a masterpiece of our time and unfortunately it will only be admired decades later. Those that love it are just ahead of the curve. We just have to wait for the rest of the people to catch up.

Steven is a terrible protagonist

>creating a containment board for one weekend
wew lad

>tfw not sure if that would make LOK better or not

People who call for abolishing freedom of speech need to be banned

And it was likewise upstaged in ratings by a popular dumb comedy show over exploited by the network.

75% filler and is horribly loose ended

19 episodes of self loathing from 5 emotionally unstable characters sure is compelling

>in depth characters
Fat fun girl, prissy orderly girl, and emotionaless "i'm too cool" girl. Outside of Greg most of the characters are super 1 dimensional.

>great action
Maybe the horror episodes from season one. After that they just drop off

>beautiful visuals
They are pretty neat and imaginative I'll give you that.

Homeworld is the homeworld of the gems and we never get more than a glimpse of it, and most of the time its shit happening in the bubble of Beach City

What does that even mean?

>great morals
Make sure to apologize for taking advantage of raping your friends is a great moral. Thanks Pearl.

It's funny how much of this bullshit could've been fixed if they didn't confine themselves to Steven's POV

>Outside of Greg most of the characters are super 1 dimensional
Any one can overfocus on the negative to try to make a good show look bad but this looks desperate.

What's the point of this image?

Stop beating and cease your faggotry

Would you like mlp to be posted all over the place as well?

Nigga what kinda bait is this

So it's exactly like korra

why is it that SU is the only show that drives Sup Forums to respond to bait?

Sup Forums loves The Loud House, though. Might because, ya know, TLH fans aren't obnoxious faggots. Pedos, maybe, but at least they keep to themselves.

>This show is easily the Cartoon Network equivalent of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Nah, my nigga. This was.

>gays
>sensitive characters
>crying and singing
this triggers Sup Forums greatly.if you want to trigger Sup Forums dont waste your time with other shows.Use SU.it ALWAYS works.

When is GemAnimate2 coming out?

It's nothing like Avatar, because Avatar is actually good.

I loved Steven Universe at first when it was the adventures of a silly fat kid and his space alien friends, but now that it has devolved into 11 minutes of chibi-Steven crying about some minor issue that takes the entire episode to resolve... well, it's a LITTLE harder to watch.

This.
I liked the show until every episode had crying in it. And I mean every episode, it's so rare now not to see it.
Having emotional moments aren't effective when they're literally every episode. I don't feel bad for these whiney people anymore.

Not even fucking CLOSE

If anything it's the CN equivalent of Korra

dude that would have made Korra better, one of its weakest parts was character development and interaction

It's also like Avatar in that right now Sup Forums hates it because it's popular, and Sup Forums at heart are a bunch of hipsters who despise anything that gets too much love.

When Avatar was airing it was hated just as much around here, for the same reasons ("too many threads!" "It's just like anime!" "SJW's" "The fandom is terrible!") But now everyone loves it, because they're able to watch it without stupid fandom politics clouding their judgement.

Exact same thing will happen with Steven. Five years after it ends all the people who are hating on it now will call it a classic and attack current shows for not being enough like SU.

LMFAO, SU will be despised more and more. ATLA is also increasingly hated, by the way, but that's more because of all the (apparent) Ehasz stuff.

weve gone from su hate threads to
su hate threads disguised as love threads

>Only SU triggers Sup Forums

This board is literally more trigger sensitive than a coked up Texan tumblrite who just got cucked by a guy of a different race.

People are posting pictures of dipping sauce, and anons are getting triggered. Samurai Jack's new episode triggered people for being too pro SJW, even though he brutally murdered 5 women, as if that's part of any liberal agenda. Rick and Morty triggered said fans with it's scheduling, Korra triggers people just by existing (you can't just reset the character progression each damn season desu), and Zim triggers people because Zim.

SU is just easymode.

That being said

Too early to tell, but I reckon so. Everyone has a different season they like the least though so...

This is true, but there are a few cringy ones as well. Also, Sup Forums as a whole gives zero fucks about emotions.

>in depth characters

Eh. The townies are disappointing when they aren't finding relics/fighting monsters, Amethyst can be lacklustre, and Sapphire and Lapis will need more by the time the story is over. Otherwise, sure.

>great action

Yes, but not nearly enough of it.

>beautiful visuals

Agreed.

Yes, and no. It's deliberately left undetailed on stuff like religion, for obvious reasons that the internet would kick the fuck off, but in the bits it does explain sure.

No. Feels like a long saga if anything, a coming of age story.

>great morals

That's true, but not really that hard and Sup Forums doesn't give a fuck as a whole. Unless you're talking about delving into stuff like war and genocide, in which I can see the potential but isn't fully fleshed out yet.

No. Different kind of show, different kind of stakes, and the story isn't even finished for this one.

>5 women
[citation needed]

Samurai Jack episode 3

The remaining 6 warriors of Aku find Jack, but Jack is prepared and has recovered from his wound, and ambushes them. After quickly killing two, and outduelling the third, they corner him onto a cliff. From there, he fights them one on one, breaks the neck of one, chucks another off, and ashi gets tied around the log. After her initial breakdown, he chucks her off too; in doing so however, he weakens the log and falls down

I suppose only 4 of them could be dead, but honestly gut feeling says 5

>steven universe isn't shit, it's perfect and contrarians on Sup Forums only hate it because it's perfect and popular
Why do ex fans of the show hate it then?

It's an actual frame in the show.

Yeah, I know. What's the issue with it? The rock creature doesn't actually have any genitals.

I simply didn't like the show after watching a majority of season 1. But now I hate it mostly because it's spammed everywhere. It's the newest brony fandom.

Why is it that the song "stronger than you" has been completely over taken by the undertale fandom?

Does this shitty bait thread ever, EVER fucking get tired to you people?

I wish people would stop using this excuse. SU writers are shitty.

Adult Swim has had numerous shows with overarching stories that are 11 minutes long.

I watched episode 3, user.
IIRC 3 of them (the ones with names? dunno) are still alive, I saw it posted somewhere.

Does anyone have that copypasta about Steven Universe being the greatest achievement in media or some shit like that

Yeah but SUfags are persistent autists and won't quit making them unless they start getting banned for it.

Bait harder faggot

It's mostly hate caused by serial shitposters, which they try their hardest to spam the hate they create and shifted onto the fanbase or show itself. Same thing is happening to SJ and RM recently when it went from people rarely giving a damn about feeling negative toward it until a slight unfortunate event occurred and gave shitposters some fuel to flood Sup Forums when bait threads and shit.

Sometimes I want to watch SU because I think Green Midget, Pearl and Blue girl have pretty good designs.

But then I start an episode and I just have to turn it off, Steven is so fucking annoying and every other character is so fucking ugly. I mean seriously, look at fucking pic related, what were they thinking?

Im fine with the show but I'll agree with you on that. They really goobered the hell out the homeworld gems. Pre-jailbreak Jasper was pretty serious and peridot at lest had some common sense before she was gimped ouy of her enhancers and tossed into the funhouse barn. It's like feel everybody needs a comical personality now and functional characters threatened that.

If they don't drink anything, how do they cry?

Reminded me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=w6yGZJFMInQ

Delusional fags who think SU is the best show ever are the worst but the waifufags who only watch the show because they think Pearl, Lapis, and Peridot are hot are almost just as bad, especially since the latter two are the most awful characters on the show.

I haven't seen the show, I'm just attracted to their designs.

I don't think I have enough shit taste to let some cartoon waifus blind me enough to watch shit like Steven Universe.

Wow OP I am impressed at how much effort you put into this bait

>>well told, coherent story
Maybe true before season 3, since then it's gotten bloated with skippable filler
>>well done emotional moments
debatable
>>in depth characters
debatable
>>great action
certainly worse than TLA
>>beautiful visuals
subjective, though I certainly really like the background art
>>awesome and detailed world
Not really, there's a number of location but none of them really feel fleshed out
>>feels like an epic movie
No it doesn't
>>great morals
debatable

if they don't breathe, why do they have noses?
if they don't have babies, why do they have breasts?
if they're made of light and can't freeze to deah, why do they have hair?
if they don't eat, why do they have teeth?

if they just have all of these because they're like humans, why don't they have genitals?

If they aren't women then why are they women?

SU is for faggots.

this has gotten to the point where if I see any SU thread that's not a general, I think it's bait

>that fucking oc tier character
HE'S THE LEADER OF THE BUNCH
YOU KNOW HIM WELL

go away rebecca