America Chavez is Latina AND Lesbian

cnn.com/2017/04/03/us/marvel-america-chavez-superhero-trnd/
I never would've guessed from the first issue. They were very subtle about those things.
>"You can't call America Chavez a spicy Latina," said Brianna Jimenez, a comic book fan in Richmond, Virginia. "She's so strong and she's a bad*ss. She wants to help others and she's doing her own thing."

At least it didn't have "BANG! POW!" in the headline like most mainstream media articles on comics.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/wil-moss/4040-56390/issues-cover/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>She wants to help others and she's doing her own thing
WOW! Quite original to a superhero, huh?

>America Chavez is Latina AND Lesbian
We known that for a long time now

>Latina
>She comes from a world which is literally the fanfiction of a gay sorcerer

This.
When has she ever really been Latina aside from looking vaguely brown?

There's a reason this is selling like shit.

How can you be a lesbian if you're from a dimension of only women? If there's only one sex, then concepts of heterosexuality and homosexuality literally would not exist to her and the entire culture of her home dimension. It's more like she's from a monosex species.

>CNN
How the mighty has fallen. Anderson and Wolf and Erin Burnett need to jump ship

Because it's badly written tripe?

BI-ERASURE!
RAGE!

>and she isn't the Latina you usually see on screen.
what fucking crack are they smoking?

I have no idea what that means, either.

Wow so is being a lesbian all her character is going to amount to

Like i fucking hate that shit, you dont have gay characters for the sake of being gay or rather making everything about said character gay.

Maybe you should cry about it some more. That'll show 'em.

This self-fellating sort of liberal horseshit is just so disgusting. Who the fuck do they write this for? Just themselves?

What bugs me so much about America Chavez is that she's not a nice person. She either boasts about herself or threatens others. Where people say she's out to help others baffles me.

He wrote latinas into his fanfiction.

She's the kind of Latina you usually see through a screen

This, she is Cis scum

She is by definition not Latina at all. She just looks like one like how Superman looks like a white guy.

She experimented with guys for a little bit after she left her universe, and it wasn't for her.

We don't actually know the sales numbers yet.

No, because she's both female AND a minority. Both are sales poison.

Nu-uh.

She WAS straight. Created straight. Gillen made her gay to fit his "memery young adult" book. He also made the whole "gay fanfiction turned into reality". And you, motherfuckers on Sup Forums, praised him for it at the time.

Guy is a fucking hack. The biggest of the kind.

If there's only women does that mean they also have penises? Do they reproduce by budding or something?

This. I can get its a personality thing but she never turns it off under some writers. It gets grating when there are situations that require a change in form.
Thats why code switching is a thing.
I dont speak the same way to my boss as i do to my friends. If she was really latina then she would have the same rules. The writer is(?) why does she not know this.

This is the modern western equivalent of the normal high-school student who suddenly has to save the world

House of Ideas amirite, lads?

she looks very latina, not all hispanics are mexicans looking

We don't? When will we?

She started out as a latina flying brick. Then gillen got a hold of her to fill the "America themed character" role in Young Avengers. He gave her more powers, made her a lesbian and did the dumb backstory with Wiccan.

So yes, she did start out as just Latina (and probably straight.)

Just be glad he didn't get Patriot like he wants and make him gay.

we've known both of these things for years. Where have you been?

She's not a maid.

??

Remember, lefties don't read comics.

I liked his young avengers run :3

lol

Sadly this.

Later this month when March's numbers are posted.

Shows how (1) slow news media really is on picking up new stories that are really old and (2) how they only care when it sounds relevant to another issue.

>Wants to help others
>quits being a hero to go to college
Shill spotted.

Is it just me, or does she feel like One Punch Man, but without the benefit of being a parody.

Looks like batman is coming out of her asshole

Issue 2 (out tomorrow) is even worse than the first issue.

Wait what ??

Basically this^

Why do so many LGBT (I refuse to add anymore than that) feel like shallow cutouts rather than actual characters.

That's a rhetorical question by the way. I know these writers only want to add them for good boi bucks. After they have the character, they don't need to do anything else because every major comic website will inevitably suck their dick, even if your everyday fag doesnt.

How?

Probably, I know plenty of queers who find this shallow attempt to get their money irritating.

How is it that when Marvel characters go back in time, if they fuck up one tiny thing and then all of history changes or reality collapses or whatever but she comes from a universe where there are no men but EVERYTHING historically happened exactly the same?

How does she threaten others? I've only read the first book of her solo series and I didn't spot that.

Real America WHEN

I can't scan it at the moment. I can give a summary. Reading/summarizing as I go here:

We start on Planet Maltixa with two brown girls looking up America online. The one girl has her hair dyed like Captain America's shield.

Meanwhile, back in WWII Peggy Carter gives America shit. America goes along with Carter to get info. Nazis drill into Carter's secret base, America, surrounded by Nazis star-punches the ground and leaves.

She lands in bed, crying over her girlfriend. Many panels of tears. She announces to anyone monitoring her she's done.

Meanwhile at Sotomayor University, some brown lady is meditating as she is the one influencing America into meeting Carter somehow. Then some campus shit where some white preps are annoying America, then the lesbian dance squad shows up.

Moon Girl is giving a lecture at the campus. Tells the audience how great she is. America thinks she's great. Some science mumbo-jumbo talk.

Later America is in X'Andria's room and someone throws a trash can through the window. Preps partying outside, America gets mad. Lesbo dance troup joins the melee and dance battles them.

The preps are revealed to have been cyborgs. Lisa (the ex) is revealed to have been kidnapped by...

The brown girls from page one show up upset that America hasn't responded to their beams (tweets). America vows to get them.

Then two pages of letters jerking off about how great this comic is.

>you can call the token spicy latina a spicy latina

Another thing that bothers me is how she can be a Latina to begin with? I know Supes isn't a white guy, but he is defiantly an American, as one does not have to be born in America to be an American. But as far as I know, being Latino is to actually be a specific race of people. If super manly isn't white because he is an Alien, I assume that that same principal works on Chavez.

Also, Chavez was not raised in any Latin culture, unlike superman, who was raised American, so I don't think she should be able to claim being Latina, by definition.

That sounds awful.

Well, they have an add in the CNN now, maybe Tumblr . But, somebody buying? and the only selling point is that she's Latina Lesbian Miss America

Que es this?

Yes, because the public hates gay female, Latina leads.

A good writer might have actually have to deal with issues of being a hetrophobe or just have her make jokes about all the crazy sexual pairs she has seen from her multiverse hopping adventures.

Joe Casey getting salty over Marvel making his creaton a big deal without him.

Not all of us. There was a minority of us that were vocally disappointed to go from his fantastic JiM run to the complete shit he peddled in his YA run.

At this point I would be more surprised if Marvel managed to create a non-hyphenated character.

because women are capable of doing everything exactly the same as men and if you suggest they might be worse in anyway you're a mysogynist shitlord.

The storytime of pain tomorrow will be glorious.

The next dozen storytimes that will follow in rapid succession will be still.

>America Chavez is Latina AND Lesbian

Guys, GUYS... I've got some breaking news from the world of comics. I don't want to upset anyone some I'm going to spoiler this. Don't read it if you don't want your mind blown. Bruce Wayne is Batman

*shit.

Fucking autocorrect.

Hell yeah SDCC SOP week.

>tfw the Japanese make their gays overblown stereotypes, yet still give them deeper characterization and natural likability than try-hard SJW American comic companies.

It'd be sad if it wasn't so amusing.

Get your logic out of here

>America, surrounded by Nazis star-punches the ground and leaves.
>She lands in bed, crying over her girlfriend. Many panels of tears. She announces to anyone monitoring her she's done.

What kind of transition is this?

America is delicious as fuck, and if the art in her on going was my taste I would buy it.

Also, Trans, Gay and Lesbian issues get more internet cred than bisexuals. We're either mythical, like unicorns or pegasus, or traitors to The Cause.

The Utopian Parallel has never really been figured out on page. Rivera isn't going to do shit to give us a good hook there but Ewing might. MAC is certainly much better in Ultimates than she is in America.

>She lands in bed, crying over her girlfriend
The one she treated like crap because she didn't get what she wanted.

WELCOME TO LAST DECADE, SPORT.
Now please go cry about SJW elsewhere.

Quick question: Has anyone EVER seen a young latina wearing anything remotely american flag related?

Yes, at least in Puerto Rico.

Yeah, do you think it's impossible to be a latina and wear the red, white, and blue ensemble?

Latinos around here reeee at the mere idea that the US exist, so no, they are more likely to be the cuban/soviet union/venezuelan version of Bandit Keith. The British flag is also common, but just because you can find a shitton of foreing brands using it.

>Meanwhile, back in WWII Peggy Carter gives America shit. America goes along with Carter to get info. Nazis drill into Carter's secret base, America, surrounded by Nazis star-punches the ground and leaves.

Wait so America just leaves powerless Carter to be attacked by Nazis?

The pacing in this book is all over the place. I don't know if I'm retarded, but I actually found it difficult to follow issue 1

This is what happens when you get someone who never wrote comics before to make it.

Can you believed America book is being edited by moss comicvine.gamespot.com/wil-moss/4040-56390/issues-cover/

Bravo Parfait Man was a true hero, what are you talking about

>The pacing in this book is all over the place
Yes, just seems that the writter make America do everything she thinks is cool, like she goes to space to save some alien and then she goes to science Hogwarts and the she goes back in time to WW2 to punch Hitler.

Oren is best girl

>from fake news
Great this shit comic is not going to fade to obscurity any time soon huh?

There's also a huge quality gap in the art between the two.

I can almost hear the elfman theme music.

As terrible as it is, I think it needs to cut EVEN MORE loose and go even more full insane parody of itself.

The technicality is that the PR flag is US flag related.

Pic related. It's chongas in star spangled bikinis.

That’s the flag of Cuba. Neither are related to the Star Spangled Banner anyway, other than the colors and they’re not even the exact same colors.

The real technicality in the case of Puerto Rico is that a lot of people are pro-Statehood (of PR in the USA), including many young women.

No, Carter leaves America down there as the Nazis are drilling in.

I'm sure my summary is missing some nuance, but I had a hard time actually reading it. Some pages my eyes just glossed over entirely.

Fucking palette swaps.

Well, that PR people are US citizens is also a part of it.

STORYTIME

That's silly. You can't be lesbian AND latina.
That's two minorities.
Next you are gonna tell me you can read both Marvel and DC.

Ok but do bisexuals even matter?
If you are in a relationship, you have to choose a side even if you still like to fap to the sex you aren't dating.
You either have an easy life as a person who seems straight to everyone else, or a life of discrimination as a person who seems gay to everyone else.

>You can't call America Chavez a spicy Latina

I can and I will.

Yes. When I went to Arizona there were a bunch of mexican people wearing american shirts.
One of those said "Made in America with Mexican pieces" or something along those lines.

Was she always lesbian? I fail to see how you can make character that hot a lesbian from conception.
That's the real kicker here Latinas in hot pants were always my thing, and the one comic character I find like that is lesbian!

Why does it matter? You'll never going to bang her.
Can`t you be a normal straight dude and enjoy the mental image of America fingering other girls?

Shhh.

I haven't looked for this, but I hope it exists: America chaves fisting star shaped portals into women.

Depends on your progression of fapping material. For me it was:

Playboy
Penthouse
Swank
Lesbian scenes
girls taking dick

At least that's as far as I've gone, no blowbang bukkake scenes for me or trannies.

I can.
But I also want to see her drenched in seman. And knowing she's lesbian ruins my mental picture.