Isn't this supposed to be about demons or some shit? I know movies had a ton of filler back then, but come the fuck on...

Isn't this supposed to be about demons or some shit? I know movies had a ton of filler back then, but come the fuck on. 20 minutes in it's been nothing but a shitty drama with wiseau-tier acting.

>Isn't this supposed to be about demons or some shit
I don't know where you got that from. It's literally a drama about infidelity.

aw fuck. is it worth sitting through?

some tard called it lovecraftian a couple of days ago here, no idea why.

Yeah, it's great and the ending is amazing. Also, Young Isabelle Adjani was a first class semen demon.

just turn it off and go back to capeshit or star wars. you're hopeless

That's hot.

Dude the entire thing is the director being a massively self indulgent artfag. It's all just an allegory/metaphor for his divorce. Might as well finish it but you aren't missing out on much if you dont

It's a test of how much of a brainlet you are. Watch the whole movie and if you have absolutely no idea what happened, you're incurably stupid.

You won't get the whole movie and everything about it but you should get an abstract idea of what's going on and more importantly why.

>20 minutes in and I had to pause to shitpost on 4chin

fair enough - and yes, she is adorable, in that Emily Perkins way.

what if I was mostly just memeing and I'm actually really enjoying it so far? pls don't be mad.

go back to that RLM thread and answer the pop quiz for Jay, """"Jay""""

I enjoyed it too but I'm never watching it again. See how you feel at the end

Anyone know who the guy with the pink socks at the end was? It was the person that he was targetting in his job as a spy based on the debriefing questions in the beginning of the movie, but I've only seen the movie once and by the end it was such a clusterfuck that I didn't quite get who that was

I enjoyed it and it had some great scenes but I wont watch it again either.

op is literally one of those girls who are always on their phone during a movie

I'm guessing it will leave me pretty miserable? the "being cucked while away" trope isn't one of my favorites, for reason, but so far it all seems a bit too crazy and out there to relate.

scene from OP just happened, it's fucking crazy.

another guess: a remake is being greenlit as we speak and Heinrich is gonna be some esoteric youtuber.

Seething.

It's wetwet

Its about wetwet

I'm not even ashamed to admit I've jerked off multiple times to this scene.

WETWET

seen the meme scene before, but never knew the context. gonna wait until the movie gets there, but thanks for posting it anyway

knife scene just came up, this woman is "what the fuck was her problem" incarnate

wetwet

some nerves you've got, lad. optic nerves.

I think she's wet.

any chance you've been memeing me?

I'm at halfway point, we've passed "literally a a drama" long ago, this looks like Cronenberg-country

Yes, I was memeing you, but I did it for your own good. Shit only gets weirder and weirder.

Dude, you have no idea how grateful I am right now.

not sure if it came across with the last post, you totally got me. Great stuff.

meme scene.

really intense with sound

>pausing a film 20 minutes in to post on Sup Forums
>filler
>back then
If you can't even give a film the time of day, don't criticize it so baselessly. You're an anti-art pleb and undoubtedly too young to be posting on this site, so fuck off.

Don't be such a meany.

Perhaps my thread and your post ARE the real art and you didn't even realize it.

Why is Isabelle Adjani so hot?

For me, OP is a disease.

Even at different, unnatural focal lengths, she looks great.

WTF she looks like my mother when she was young in this angle

She's a Kabyle-Bavarian. Kabyles are a tribe of Celts that settled in Northern Africa and got cut off from Europe. Northern Africa used to be white.

I recognize your superiority in every way. I was proud my thread was bumped by you.

She looks like your mother when she's sucking my dick.

Fuck you faggot.

Even though she hasn't aged well she's still my number one waifu!

Learn the differences.

>posts in Sup Forums while watching a movie
you are beyond salvation op

>Isn't this supposed to be about demons or some shit?
no
>I know movies had a ton of filler back then, but come the fuck on.
zero filler in this film
>20 minutes in it's been nothing but a shitty drama with wiseau-tier acting.
you are a complete moron and i hope you are trolling.

>that ending

Right lads, I need to sleep this off

Thanks again, man.

the pink socks were to remind you who it was. then you piece the rest together in your mind. you probably didn't miss anything

tfw you realize the scariest part is not the meme scene, it's the ballet class scene

Holy shit the lovecraftian meme actually got someone

If a full twenty minutes of film are garbage the movie probably sucks. But you're most likely a 'BvS is kino' shitposter who thinks a dozen pretty stills means the movie will define a generation.

Anyone who attempts to pass off labels such as "garbage" and "sucks" as valid criticism is clearly too retarded to be able to appreciate film. Try again, bud.

Nah kys loser. If rt and the like can spiele garbage, so can we.

They weren't criticism you retard, they were descriptions that you would most likely come too after making criticisms. I haven't seen the movie, I'm saying if twenty minutes of a movie are bad, the rest the movie isn't likely to be good, I wasn't reviewing the fucking movie.

The point is, Possession isn't garbage or just simply a collection of "a dozen pretty stills". And it's exactly the type of movie you can't draw any definitive conclusions about after watching only the first twenty minutes.

>I'm saying if twenty minutes of a movie are bad, the rest the movie isn't likely to be good,
Art doesn't exist to pander to your arbitrary ideals of "good" and "not-bad". If you actually think you can discredit an entire film with such unfounded statements, then you're clearly the one below the work, not the other way round.

Uh okay I wasn't even specifically referring to this movie, just any movie in general that someone finds the first twenty minutes of bad.

>Haha art is subjective therefore you aren't allowed to dislike it!

>Art doesn't exist to pander to your arbitrary ideals of "good" and "not-bad". If you actually think you can discredit an entire film with such unfounded statements, then you're clearly the one below the work, not the other way round.

>Art doesn't exist
Correct

MOBIE DOESN HEV PEW PEW AND VROOM VROOM AND POW POW YET SO IM GUNNA TRN IT OF

>u HAB 2 LiK My ART OR YoYU MUSt LIkE GaBEGHinO AN MikLA BeY MOOBIS

>he gives up on a movie if the first twenty minutes are "boring"

You're making broad, unfounded claims like writing "I'm saying if twenty minutes of a movie are bad, the rest the movie isn't likely to be good", without even elaborating on what "good" is, nor how this relates to artistic merit. You're a spewing, retarded pleb, and boy does it show from this discourse.

>he thinks 'boring' just means it isn't filled with action
If you are actually intelligent you shouldn't be bored by a smart film
You that like I'm writing a goddamn thesis. I bet you're one of those Sup Forums shitheads who thinks a movie can be objectively good or bad. Obviously 'good' and 'bad' are subjective but it pretty much is always understood as being what the reader thinks is 'good' or 'bad' and few people are retarded enough to have to have it be explained to them. And yes, I do think that if someone finds a full sixth of a movie to be bad they won't like the rest of it, art exists as a package, you can't just pick out the parts you like.

Wow, I should keep posting Lovecraftian to make more people watch my favorite movie, Possession.

>who thinks a movie can be objectively good or bad
What? That's what you're attempting to argue. And there are in fact purely objective elements to film, such as some technical aspects, which you either recognize or you don't.
>pretty much is always understood as being what the reader thinks
Yes, and opinion. And you, in this entire discourse, have yet to argue or even elaborate on how exactly that makes a film "bad", "good", or whatever other label.
>I do think that if someone finds a full sixth of a movie to be bad they won't like the rest of it
And how does this unsubstantiated interpretation that amounts to a cheap opinion make a film "probably suck", exactly? Referring to your original post here Any given work exists statically, and as a viewer, one's job is to take such subjective interpretations and argue for or against the work's merits and limitations. Only then does one's opinion traslate to valid criticism, and allows statements to be passed off as fact. But you haven't done that, you've stated the equivalent of "dogshit tastes good", as if it were fact, when really it doesn't prove that fecal matter is in any way palpable. You're to art as a shit-eater is to fine dining.

Fucking beautiful movie, Herzog is in my top 5 favorite humans

WET WET QUADS WET WET QUADS WET WET QUADS

>I know movies had a ton of filler back then,

Is this better than Diabel?

Am I a pleb for not noticing the same actress played the wife and the teacher?

Nah, you're just dumb. He actually stated it explicitly on why his 'wife' is wearing a wig