Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xE0hmDwzXyw
youtube.com/watch?v=82ekg1VgGvo
youtube.com/watch?v=s1lKdzuFujs
youtube.com/watch?v=gU4w12oDjn8
youtube.com/watch?v=tEJn2b8Pa18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it set the stage for Season 2 to be simply perfect

It's basically a Cohen brothers fan film. It's successful because it's successfully ripping them off (or "paying homage" if you're a pleb).

2>1>3

Why was season 3 so shit?

Because it had the best characters with grey moralities. The later seasons have much more obvious "good guys" and "bad guys".

Lester and Malvo carry the season above the others. Particularly Lester because you arent sure if you're supposed to be rooting for him.

This desu

>that muzzle flash
and you watch this seriously?

Who in season 1 did anything remotely “gray”?
>Dude i killed my wife but she was a bitch so its hard to tell if its bad or not lmao
>Dude i ruined my brothers life but he was a dick so its hard to tell if its bad or not lmao
>Dude i had my childhood bully assassinated but he was mean so its hard to tell if its bad or not lmao

That's fair, there's only 3 or 4 hints to Sioux Falls in 79 in season 1, but it still gives some context but showing how much it affected Lou

Haha what a great show, the Minnesota accents are so silly, let's make a TV show based on a movie with silly accents

Lester clearly didn't want Marvo to kill Hess, Marvo is shown to be a sick manipulator, but Lester does go down that dark path with little more than a push.

I haven't finished it yet but I've found it kind of boring. I'm not really attached to any of the characters. The acting isn't bad or anything but the characters haven't really endeared themselves to me.

>varga pissing/wetting his dick in Sy's mug
>the way the guy murders the grandfather in the first episode. S2 also opens with grotesque acts of violence but there was something really horrible about Sci-Fi grandpa living this shitty life and then dying an extra shitty death
>The golem attempting to inject Nikki
>bowling alley limbo got a little more abstract than the series was previously

I didn't hate Season 3, but it was dark and disgusting and felt like a move in the wrong direction tonally.

I think all season are pretty great, but Season 3 was missing some stuff to make it truly great.

I think the ending was a bit lame, MEW getting in some weird half assed shoot out didnt feel right. Neither was one of the brother dying half way through.

If that's all you got out of the movie and the series you should head straight back to your trap threads on Sup Forums.

What's that? Post my 3 favourite pieces of music used in the series? Okey dokey.

youtube.com/watch?v=xE0hmDwzXyw

youtube.com/watch?v=82ekg1VgGvo
Fun fact: Burl Ives was the voice of the narrator/snowman in the classic stop motion Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer movie. Wow!

youtube.com/watch?v=s1lKdzuFujs
dodd's theme is better though

I loved the movie but i hate the series because it's all about the Minnesota gimmick and has none of the value or depth of the movie

>hear about a tv show sequel to Fargo
>LMAO THAT'S RETARDED
>mfw it's pure kino

I loved the use of War Pigs in S2.

IMO that's what S2 really fucked up.
I mean on it's own, it's fucking perfect.
But if you take it in context of S1, the Sioux Falls Massacre should have been so much more. Like babies on spears and cannibalism or pictures painted with blood or something utterly insane.
Lou in S1 talked about Sioux Falls like the devil himself was there. Not a gang shoot out interrupted by AYYs

The fucking DRUMS man
Whatever that's called.

And also Jeff Wayne's War of the World's musical.

youtube.com/watch?v=gU4w12oDjn8

OLL RITE

It's Minnesota not Serbia.

S1 Lou talked like it was though. Like, Malvo quite literally was fucking Satan in S1. And Lou said he recognized that type of man before.

Lou met a lot of pretty horrible people in S2. It was hardly just the shootout, that was just the culmination of events.

Dodd was a shit head, but he wasn't Satan.

>Not the music at the end of episode 8
youtube.com/watch?v=tEJn2b8Pa18

Had to laugh at how fat meth damon was in s2

I thought the bowling alley was great but a lot of other elements felt needlessly cynical and nihilistic, even for a story emulating the Coens. Sy's and several other character's fates just felt horribly cruel for the sake of it

This

Lou ust says the bodies were stacked up. I guess how bad it was may have been better left a mystery, but Bob Odenkirk said in S1 that nothing much ever happens in the area, crime wise

Still, Lou is comparing something to someone we know is literally Satan
That comes with high expectations

Hanzee has a higher on screen body count than Malvo, not to mention Lou's perspective on violence as a 'Nam vet. The bodies really do stack up, too.
>4 people at the diner
>rye
>skip gets buried in asphalt
>one of the kitchen bros' gets knifed
>in the same scene, at least a dozen kansas city mooks are annihilated
>Mike Milligan's boss gets decapitated
>Floyd
>Dodd
>Simone
>Peg's lesbian pal
>The Convenience store clerk
>the townies Hanzee murders on his way to peg and ed
>Ed
>Otto Gerhardt
>countless Gerhardt thugs
>Gerhardt underbosses/associates
Malvo is ruthless, but he's nothing compared to Hanzee in his prime.

Hanzee is lethal but he's not evil.

Of all the things to focus on the aw jeez accents is the silliest.