Post some pages with innovative composition / storytelling

post some pages with innovative composition / storytelling

Other urls found in this thread:

mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008178
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Delete this thread and remake it with an innovative page, user.

no I won't.

Just read Métal Hurlant.

I'd rather have a thread of hand picked examples preferably from indie scene.

Now you just want recommendations.
To with you.

Have a fight scene by Quitely

Is it augtime

This is the last issue of Promethea.

No, really. This is the entire thing. The pages were constructed to become two giant images.

French comics often have good panelling.

Steranko is a genius!

proof that comic book writers are a meme

That's pretty cool

What?

Gotlib is great.

text is needless

I liked how lawcomic used an april fool gag to help tell the story, instead of just a cutesy gotcha.

ahaha

this is satire, right?

Someone post the Sandman: Requiem spreads where the reader has to turn the book around to read it.

No, another word that begins with "sa."

Sadism?

I can't find pictures of it but Batman also had an issue like that where the pages were flipped all around while he was in the maze for the Court of Owls but it apparently was only in the physical version

In Nemo: Heart of Ice there was a nice sequence in which the succesion of time was disorted.

The Mountain Of Madness bit? Yeah, that was great.

thanks user. that was really cool

To be fair, Chris Ware's entire thing is clever page layouts. That and weaponized depression

bump. great idea for a thread op. wish you'd used a different pic

mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008178

Unironically, Homestuck, and late Homestuck at that. Homestuck's flashes have always been interesting blends of solid comic panneling, cinematic flair, and catchy tunes, and this is definitely the best (looking) flash in Homestuck. One other flash later on in my opinion uses better panneling but has shit art and is incredibly spoiler-filled, another flash later is a lot cooler but is unfortunately restricted to a Youtube video, and there are tons of more emotionally poignant flash scenes earlier in the story, but as far as visual storytelling goes this one really can't be beat.

I wonder how long did it take to draw that

very cool