What are your thoughts?

what are your thoughts?

Looks pretty decent actually.

looks retarded. like a shitty phone app.

If anime films are successful, Hollywood will intrude on the anime medium even harder.

We must secure the existence of our medium and a future for anime. Don't watch live action adaptations of anime.

had promise but what the literal fuck were they thinking with the eyes

I've been waiting for a decade and I am cautiously optimistic. The eyee lmao thing looks weird as shit but I'm more worried about them fucking up the world, things looked more like buenos aires or something than the absolutely vile shithole of degenerates and factory enforcers from the manga.

She supposed to look uncanny. What did you'd think she'd look like?

Happy hes trying something different but it's extremely silly.

do you think its one of those thing that we will eventually get used to it?

cameron should have just forked out the extra cash to keep the right for another decade instead of just giving it to robbie

garbage

She's a fuckbot, not a real human.

Negative. She is a martian war machine.

I understand the attempt to make Gally look inhuman with the eyes but I think It's a little too overdone. It's less "subtly offputting" and more "Well this is obviously fake".
The woman cyborg from mid trailer looks bad.
The action scene movements are incredibly bland though the inhuman robotic jerking motions to look promising if they actually make her fight like that the entire time.

the PC term is "woman"

It makes her look like a fetus with makeup on.

>another small girl beats up grown men movie
Wow what an interesting and unique trope

>another small tank beats up grown panzers movie

>another small martian war machine beats up grown cyborg gladiators movie
Wow what an interesting and unique trope

so this is the final result of GOMAD

looks great, can't wait

>She supposed to look uncanny
The entire point in the manga is that she's indistinguishable from normal humans

Well, it's not the entire point. It really only comes into play in the second volume, and only briefly. Still, in this world cyborgs are very common. Can't walk down the street without seeing something with extremely radical cybernetic augmentations, and non-humanoid bodyplans are also pretty common. So it doesn't make much sense for Cameron to fixate on her deviating from human norms so slightly when everyone in this universe has seen people with tank treads for legs, tentacle arms, and a clear glass brain dome for a head.

I think the choice is actually more so she's just like those weird cyborgs and to deviate from human norms.

Where the fuck is this “she’s supposed to look weird and uncanny” thing coming from?

This is not in the original manga.

They could do that by focusing on her obviously artificial body. From the neck down she's obviously robotic, steel and kevlar. She's not like a terminator where the mechanical parts are covered with flesh.

It breaks the mary sue sensation.

Cause she is, big time.

Yeah but it's to sort of show as a whole she's like near artificial all over. That includes her face as well.

It's a james cameron movie so it'll be shit. Everyone only likes terminator because they fell for the 'le badass austrian man' marketing meme. Aliens was just a generic bug hunt with even less originality as the creature was lifted from an already mediocre movie. Add "anime adaption" onto all of this and you're in for the worst cancer of 2018.

They were able to give this broad a normal face and I think the audience very clearly understood she was not human.

>Endless determination
It's the same theme as Dragon Ball Z.
Alita gets shot up and dismembered but still pulls through.

She's literally just a cyborg of a little girl, in fact it's even worse because it pulls "That 'cute' little girl is a mass machine of death!" bullshit trope. But of course neither anime nor James Cameron fans have the brain capacity to understand what's wrong with this.

Her eyes are extremely distracting.

James Cameron will save cinema you plebe

The difference with Ava is like she's like a terminator like you described, though unfinished. In the end they plan to make her look human like Kyoko was.

as if she physically exists

You stole your story from the Smurfs James

here's your "you" faggot
your post was the worst cancer of 2017

go pay a hooker...they will fuck you, just make sure you take a shower

This is very unprofessional James

Not bad. She looks more attractive, and they're clearly going for her looking different from a normal human being.
Cameron brought his waifu to life, and I can't wait to see it.
Even better, Sup Forums's triggered as absolute hell as evidenced by , which is always a brightener to anybody's day.
I'm all for it. I need more cyberpunk kino.

James Cameron owns the rights. He doesn't give a single shit about the author's vision.
You dumbshit, they do also show this through her artificial body.

Yep, it works in the manga because all the actual pain she sustains but the live action adaptation was risky.

But if she looks this bad it negates the mary sue aspects, like sarah huckabee.

The entire manga is founded on the "cute little girl is a mass machine of death" trope.

I don't doubt it