Why didn't he land in the water where the evacuation was occuring?

why didn't he land in the water where the evacuation was occuring?

But then Nolan wouldn't have his cheap lazy emotional moment.

he had a functional parachute and could of easily bailed in friendly zone and get treated like a hero

i thought he was attatched to his plane,,, it was a fine machine but he burnt it anyway.....

typical nolan bullshit

TELL ME ABOUT FARRIER

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK

he couldnt fly so good

Oh look this thread again, watch the film next time retard.

he's a big guy

>able to shoot down a plane without fuel
>unable to land in safety

He landed the plane safely on the beach far away from the other troops so that they wouldn't lose morale by seeing one of their planes crash. Bailing out of a WW2 fighter is fairly risky, evident by the numerous captured pilots that had broken limbs or serious lacerations.

could you explain what the fuck it is that we are missing here or are you just full of shit ?

the men were sitting on a cold wet beach for a few days staring death in the face... i dont think a plane crashing would of meant anything to them desu

>would of
>could of
apply yourself

DR PAVEL I'M CPAP

[picture related]

Getting caught was obviously part of the plan
>Set up for squeal Dunkirk 2: The Dark Pilot
>Tom Hardy escapes from a concentration camp
>Rejoins RAF and Firebombs Dresden

He didn't have the altitude to safely parachute.

Water landing is riskier than beach landing. I don't remember how rough the water was though.

he couldnt use the chute that low

It's could HAVE and would HAVE. Not of, you goddamn gook mother fucker.

He had trouble with his flaps.

Landing the plane on the water was shown to be risky, trying to ditch the plane mid flight would have been impossible from his low altitude, and he wanted to make sure the Krauts couldn't recover any bit of the plane so her landed it and burnt it. Figured he'd rather go down with honor than die in an accident from bailing.

>completely ignoring the scene about how dangerous landing in the water is

they didnt like using parachutes back then.

Because the ending wouldn't have been as good with out the manual landing gear, flare gun into cockpit and sacrificial capture scene.
Please remember these are movies and shit happens for effect.
How would you feel walking out of the cinema if it ended with him parachuting down to safety?
Be honest

>Scenes women will never understand

>the swell looks good, I'm gonna ditch
What did he mean by this?

WOW IF ONLY THERE WAS SOME LARGE DESIGNATED AREA OF WATER THAT WAS PROTECTED FROM WAVES SO OUR ERSTWHILE PILOT COULD LAND

IDEALLY THIS HYPOTHETICAL LANDING ZONE WOULD BE IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO MANY PEOPLE, PERHAPS THOSE TRAINED IN SOME SORT OF MILITARY MEDICINE
BUT ALAS

>He landed the plane safely on the beach far away from the other troops so that they wouldn't lose morale by seeing one of their planes crash
Seeing your pilot get capture by Nazis is less damaging to morale than watching chute to safety so he can fight another day?

>caps lock retard didn't even read the thread
At this point I'm convinced you're just willfully retarded

It's a movie about loosing so naturally they had to end it with the main hero getting caprured

this

Why didn't he just turn his plane around to land on the allied beach? He managed to maneuver enough to shoot down an enemy

>using the chute that low

wew

filtered

please do not use the internet for the rest of today

Absolutely no surf.
He could have turned into the sea and ditched easily out where the ships are