I'm sorry Sup Forums, but this is literally the greatest movie of the 20th century

I'm sorry Sup Forums, but this is literally the greatest movie of the 20th century.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tz4JSTXuP9E
youtube.com/watch?v=DNyKDI9pn0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=2uf-LDlZMFE
youtube.com/watch?v=kOap9R6Hwxs
youtube.com/watch?v=hQauP3VizI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no that's Predator.

No it wasn't. People saw it because of their girlfriends and eventually the initial contrarianism entered the negative zone and hipsters started to like it, because hurr durr only movie experts like me and redlettermedia recognize the genius of it. Wow, such amazing stairs.

t. edgy contrarian butthurt about DiCaprio.

It is such a good movie. I've never understood the backlash. I think people hate success, and hate James Cameron for the true objectivist hero that he is.

It's a frankenstein of movie assembled to make the biggest amount of money possible. It's not hot it's not cold, it's boring. It might be an ok movie, but it doesn't deserve the praise it got.

>NINETEEN ninety-seven
>TWENTIETH century

brainlet alert

It's pretty good. Had based Billy Zane in his last good role.

Someone post the webm of them running down the hall from the Blu-Ray where you can see their shooped faces

Your opinion is so different from the normies, you obviously have great taste in films. A fan of Wes Anderson, perhaps?

In what way a Frankenstein? Say what you want about dumb dialogue and romance, but Cameron obviously had an obsession with this film, its subject, and an intense focus for what he wanted it to be.

The backlash was edgy teenagers thinking they were sticking it to the man by hating on the best movie ever made.

movie sucked. if you turned off celine dion it would have no emotional effect

Who else was this their first pair of boobs?

Kill yourself youngfag

This is the most reddit post I've ever read, congratulations.

Yeah, if you’re a faggot.
This. It’s clinically designed to appeal to women like a Pretty Woman whore fantasy while having enough technical wow to impress men.

The highest grossing movie, yeah...then came along Avatar.

>This. It’s clinically designed to appeal to women like a Pretty Woman whore fantasy while having enough technical wow to impress men.
>masterfully crafted universal appeal is now bad

The state of contrarian plebbitors.

>movie sucked. if you turned off celine dion it would have no emotional effect
>not affected emotionally by the band playing to the end
>not affected by the the Strausss in the Nearer my god to thee montage
>not affected by "another boat for the daddies." "just for a while, only for a little while"
>not affected by terrifying confrontation with mortality, massive waste of human life
>IS emotionally affected by Celine Dion

nigga you gay

Sniper(1993) was unironically his best role.

Me and my friend used to quote this movie so much that we basically memorized the movie by heart. I remember we were hanging out with his sister once and the movie came up and he was like 'oh my god that movie is so quotable!', and she asked for an example, and we both looked at each other and he said '4 hours?!'. lmao

This kid really needs to cut it out with the samefagging

Titanic is only good for one scene.
the guy who falls onto the propeller and bounces off it, somersaulting into the water

yup

Death to those who insult this movie! It's the greatest of all time.

kino
youtube.com/watch?v=tz4JSTXuP9E

Who caught the 20th anniversary rerelease?
A great movie for sure. I hated diCaprio's performance first time around, but even it has grown on me. I love its scope, I love its raw emotion. It may be the last of the great epic movies.

no, that was Batman V Superman

of course, my mistake

I can't believe nobodies commented about that shitty cgi iceberg yet. Everything else is fine but that iceberg, yeesh.

>no, that was Batman V Superman

I was hyped for it but it ended being so bad I almost fell asleep at the theater.

I think so too.

same. dropped DC shortly thereafter

I unironically went to see it four times when it was on theaters. Lasted months in my country.

Dude, I caught it recently at the theaters. The Pixar gumby people on deack in that massive "I'm King of the World" sequence are collectively one of the worst effects in any major motion picture I've ever seen.

Again though, everything else is really top notch and holds up extremely well. Even the iceberg isn't that bad for me. Its got that original Jurassic park thing for me, where its mostly in darkness, so you can't see how bad it is. Everything else holds up extremely well.

I be really out here "kek"ling at u homos! Talkin bout movies like u kno?! Yall aint had the TRU history of cinenatics. The best movies AINT ALL THIS WHITE SHIT. Yall been lied to by the white men marketing the shit to u!

It ran here in the states for close to a year

Not my first but I fapped several times especially to the shot of her bush

Its a pretty damn hot scene for a pg-13 movie

Interesting to see those cans sag over the years

abhorrent bait

It was a different time.

Pretty sure in the 80s there's at least one movie with tits that managed a PG rating.

LITERALLY A MOVIE NO WOMAN CAN EVER UNDERSTAND

Uniroically the greatest epic.

BASED JimCam

Bill Burr's set of course comes to mind.
>All the men died for the women, how romantic

they literally don't understand why that is even the rule. pisses me off

But sir, don't you understand that women have been oppressed by western culture?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What, is this threatening your masculinity? Looks like somebody has a problem with strong women and obviously is a micropenis virgin. Step aside, cishet, your time is done.

stop please
captcha: Buttercup viale

Frankenstein in the sense that it takes a little bit of this and a little bit of that in order to create an artificial construct designed to fulfill a function. Little action and tits for the guys, romance and pretty dresses for the gals, social/political commentary for the fags, and so on. It's not a real movie but laboratory experiment designed to cash in. It might be great from a technical standpoint, but it doesn't have a soul.

i think Cameron saw all of these things as natural extensions of Titanic, the place and the event, and being fascinated with the subject himself, saw it as a perfect vehicle for a tentpole film. You act as if broad appeal films are inherently bad. What would a perfect version of a Titanic film look like to you?

#masculinitysofragile

Now it's Disney's! Hahahahaha

None of that equates it to being the best movie of the 20th century. By your logic The Room or El Topo are the greatest films of the 20th century.

Fuck this is the scene i remember most as well

I don't know, because perfect kinda depends on who you want to target. Which is somewhat my point because in most cases it's almost impossible to make a movie liked by everyone. You can make movies people pretend to like, or er think they should like for whatever reason, but most of the times you'll end up with something mediocre.

The Titanic I would like would be more in the vain of the longest day and a bridge too far, having more of an historic approach to story telling focusing on different people rather than a romantic couple. Fuck, you could still have a romantic subplot like that, but the movie wouldn't be about that. It's more like, oh look, someone fucked in the car and drew a heart or whatever into the windshield. Oh look, there in the background they float on a door. Stuff like that.

pls stop trolling me

I didn't say it was the best movie of the 20th century. It was succesful financially and that's basically it. It's a timelife snoozefest beyond that. It's cheesy.

youtube.com/watch?v=DNyKDI9pn0Q

Ugh. Horrible.

nig you good, nothin but love here.

That said I'm not even above chick flicks, but Titanic isn't all that. There's more to movie than being technically great. Take The Legend of 1900, it's also cheesy having vaguely a comparable theme, but it has a soul.

youtube.com/watch?v=2uf-LDlZMFE

i know but fuck this movie makes me so mad.

Stop claiming to be me, faggot
I nver said it equates to being the greatest film. That was OP. I just said that it makes no sense to call it a Frankenstein patchwork, because the concept had total tonal focus from the very beginning by a seasoned auteur.
Also who would list El Topo as an example of a bad film? confirmed for plebbit.

Listen to some Gavin. It is our duty to be the ones to fall on a sward. We can handle it because we are strong. Burr is wrong, because it is our role to die for our women. It is our pride and our mission. Women have lost sight of how truly blessed they are to have such privilege because of the hard work of men.

................you know the song isnt in the flm, right? just turn it off after the credits start to roll, holy shit

I saw it a few times as a kid and didn't really get it but I watched it again just a couple years ago and sobbed like a bitch.

It's perfect representation of the tone though. It's whole horribleness condensed into 2 minutes of terror.

A Night to Remember is the film for you my lad

Thanks buddy!

A night to remember is really kino in its own right

wjat the fuck is this gerbage?

>Dude, I caught it recently at the theaters. The Pixar gumby people on deack in that massive "I'm King of the World" sequence are collectively one of the worst effects in any major motion picture I've ever seen.

All those years of watching the movie and I didn't noticed them, fuck you now I can't usee it.

Didn't they build a massive 8-foot Titanic "miniature" or something that actually cracks in half?

A lot of the best stuff is practical.

Don't you mean 40 feet
youtube.com/watch?v=kOap9R6Hwxs

Jesus Christ that thing is enormous just like the real ship and my penis!

I was there filming it

Cringe

never noticed that. CRTs weren't a mistake after all

It's a great movie if you're a weepy teenage girl. Any man who unironically enjoys this is legitimately a soyboy.

dude, I miss VHS constantly. There is just something so weird about modern blu rays with DNR and the like. Sometimes the shit quality even enhanced the experience

>I'm sorry Sup Forums, but this is literally the greatest movie of the 20th century.

>It's a great movie if you're a weepy teenage girl. Any man who unironically enjoys this is legitimately a soyboy.

What, you arent PROUD OF YOUR BOY

>le cringe XDDD

Spotted the underaged, white, suburbanite redditor weedman.

tit--anic

>two decades later and James Cameron is STILL triggering reddit

Before I learned to be ashamed of things, I liked the music enough to buy the soundtrack.

The first and last time I liked Celine Dion

I always notice 0:32, where they cut directly from the Shrek characters to the real life characters, like I'm supposed to think they are the same thing. And that weird haters gonna hate lurch that he does across deck, holy shit!
youtube.com/watch?v=hQauP3VizI0

Reminder that women and non-whites are literally unable to fully understand this masterpiece of shining european civilization

fucking prude burgers

why didn't Cameron have the balls to call out the cowardly Californian crew?

He did, it's one of the deleted scenes.

did the jews do it

Probably. Ice can't melt iron cladding.

I was 8 dickhead

Seriously, imagine any leftist feminist or BLM supporter sacrificing themselves for a greater ideal of honor and decency. You can't, because they wouldn't.

What a bunch of fags. Just because Cameron made a good movie with equal appeal to males and females suddenly means he "clinically designed it to make money" ? I mean sure, he wanted to make money, but what the fuck does that even mean? It makes money because people love it and isn't that the entire point of making movies as a true film maker ? Is it his fault that his movies have wide appeal? Oh and if you don't like Titanic as a guy than you are a fucking insecure fag

its a glorified chick flick with good special effects for it's time

>not the fact that icebergs have berg at the end
kys