The Leftovers

what did you think of the series?

Kino

why was everyone sad? then once you answer that, ask yourself that two more times for no fucking reason.

Okay, pretty overrated though.

>season 1
Overrated and the tshirt cult was lame but not bad
>season 2
Horrible shit
>season 3
Retarded fun

Priest was the best character

>take care of veggie wife for years
>she wakes up, births your child, then leaves you

>do everything in your power to make everyone's lives a bit better
>constantly get run down and have everyone shit on you

Why did Matt live such a hard life?

Brought it on himself half the time. Naïveté and to do what he considers right.
His wife leaving makes sense, and you know it.

But damn he had some of the best episodes in the series.

His first and last showcase eps were two of the best in the series.

I enjoyed it, binged it on HBO Go a week or so ago. Season 2 was best season by far. Nora is a stupid bitch also.

I respectfully disagree with both assertions

Fair enough. I enjoyed s2 because of the level of mystery it presented and the last 3 eps were fantastic. I can see why people wouldn't like it though.

Nora on the other hand started as my favorite character, and slowly turned into someone I despised. I really felt for her, how she lost her entire family/security blanket and was forced to move on. But once she was with Kevin, she could never be happy. She asked Kevin to tell her everything, and when he did sobbing on the verge of suicide she left him because it popped her safety bubble. She eventually drives a wedge in her relationship with Kevin bceause she simply cannot let go of what she lost. Finale softened me up on her a little but still no likey.

Great
Season one starts out really choppy though until the first Matt episode
It needed to find its own footing which it did.
Once it learned what worked and what did not and embraced that it took off
Every character starts off at their worst or least interesting state which gets dropped
>Kevin being a shitty cop who freaks out over bagels
>Jill dicking around all day with retard friends and playing edgy spin the bottle
>Tommy in yellow fever cult with the least interesting cult leader of them all
>Laurie not even talking and not being bitchy skeptic
>Matt doing TMZ rapture edition
>Meg not being a terrorist
>Nora just is a curiosity

Season 2 was my favorite
Nora is one of the few characters that got worse in my view
She was actually pretty reasonable and level headed with a sympathetic background and Kevin was a complete madman who was attractive
Season 2 she was alright but just frustratingly disloyal to Kevin when he needed her. Sure she needed security but Kevin also needed to know she would be there too, and she never guaranteed that
Season 3 she was just a huge passive aggressive cunt. The worst was when she refused to give the lighter back to Laurie.
>You dont smoke anymore you dont need it haha

Season 2 really lost me with Michael acting like an annoying dickhead the whole time plus the reveal being really lame. And I think Liv's character was not interesting at all--and usually I love cult stuff. In Michael's defense, his season 3 cooldown made me like him more.

I agree though with Nora starting off great but becoming shit. Season 2 (another reason I hated it) Nora became a histrionic wet blanket. I loved S1 crazy bitch Nora because she was a wild card. I dug her Quixotic quest to go to the Other Place in season 3 too.

It was the second most disappointing series finale, right behind Lost

Dude when she wouldn't give Laurie the lighter I raged as hard as she did. Would have beat her ass.

>ywn experience Matt gambling for the first time again

This show made me feel things that almost nothing else out there can come close to.

I liked the finale. The questions it ultimately raised. Did you believe Nora's story at the end? I most certainly did not .

It just made no goddamn sense and I would have clawed her eyes out if I was in Laurie's situation
The thing has a reminder to not forgot someone fucking on it! I have lighters that are special to me and I dont smoke. Plus it was given to her just to let her light up, and I cant even imagine the most selfish smoker trying to keep it afterwards.
It would be like someone chugging the holy water I got from the Vatican and saying
>Well youre not Catholic
The lighter scene is season one is still beautiful though

Yeah, the finale was amazing. It's not about getting THE ANSWER. It's about coming up with some answer that enables you to keep living.

And then Kevin says he believes her, and it's finally possible for them to have some kind of happy ending.

So good.

I was about to have a heart attack. Matt beating the shit out of the robber was great too I did because the important part to me was that Kevin and Nora believed it to a degree which was an essential part of the show. Its an answer Ill accept without one
I also believe the Aussie was God though so theres that

you post this gay pic everyday?

Remember what Laurie did to Nora at the end of Season 1. (The mannequins of her family.) Compared to that, some bullshit about some stupid lighter is nothing.

In the end, Laurie and Nora could be friends, but it feels like there had to be some sort of payback first.

Oh for sure Laurie's act with the GR was way worse than Nora being petty and I haaaaated s1 Laurie, liked endgame Laurie though because she was just happy to have Kev/Jill/Tommy back + her new chocolate family.

Overrated shit, the Rick and Morty of Sup Forums desu

user that was like three or four years in the past at the time and they were already friends. If the mannequin thing and breaking into Noras was all Lauries idea and she did it alone maybe but thats not the case. It wasnt payback it was just passive aggressive fuckery, and it was playing with the thing that helped break through the cult in the first place

Probably the most consistently overrated series in the history of Sup Forums.

I dunno if it was very hard working shills or just a really dedicated group of idiots. But it was something alright.

Not saying Laurie didnt do terrible things, but in the context it was just really shitty

The only thing I truly loved about the finale was them together at the wedding.

Kevin asks Nora to dance, them barley talking, close to tears just being with each other again, Nora keeps asking how he found her and Kevin keeps saying he saw her passing by on a bike was fucking great. That was the best part of the finale.

Great music. The show itself ran out of its idea after the first episode, tho.

Great show

S1 >>>> S2 > S3

1. 2016 posters