The blatant improvisation in episodes like "Rixty Minutes" is my favorite part of this show

The blatant improvisation in episodes like "Rixty Minutes" is my favorite part of this show.

How many times have you ever seen a fucking cartoon do improv? That is so ground-breakingly spectacular.

Fuck the haters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BdpyvMgBQTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Reddit and Memey

Home Movies
Bob's Burgers
there's some other's I'm missing, I'm sure

I don't even remember this episode

*clears throat*

the second one sucks

>How many times have you ever seen a fucking cartoon do improv?
very rarely, unless it's a Loren Bouchard show like Dr. Katz, then.. regularly.
I also assume Life and Times of Tim was largely improvised.

This. Dr. Katz too a lesser extent since that was more just comedians doing routines set to animation, but come on son. Have you never watched Adult Swim before R&M?

it was a huge letdown but every time i watch it, it grows on me.
i would have stopped the B-plot after jerry finds out he doesn't really have to do it anymore, though, and let the general conclusion be that they jerked him around for nothing when they had the ability to make a better artificial one all along

Reminder that this episode established that not all Beths marred Jerry therefore there are less Mortys than Ricks (by some margin judging by the number of universities Summer flicked through) meaning for the Counsel of Ricks to have a surpluses of Mortys a large number of Ricks must be inactive.
How do you believe that this occurs?

Ricks lead dangerous lives. That or the Council kills lone Ricks and steals their Morty's

Sealab 2021, space ghost, pretty sure Aqua Team had improv as well, it's a staple for a lot of AS shows

Our Rick has been shown attempting suicide before, perhaps these tendencies are more prevalent than has been revealed thus far.

The best part: this is technically a double entendre with how much the early seasons had throat clears in the middle of the goddamn dialogue.

Still one of my favorite shows.

Honestly I always prefered the first season

Space Ghost was scripted. You can watch them reading off of scripts during Table Read.

Think even the creators are aware the second one was bad and acknowledge it along with the fans. Might have been in a podcast or something, but they even gave us a warning it would suck weeks before it even aired.

>crappy show that looks like it was made by grad students
>does something pretty uninteresting that's existed in the medium for decades
>ZOMFFFFG!!!!!! IT'S mindblowingly amazazimgeruuuuu desu senpai1!!1!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!one!!!!!!111

I won't even give this show, or others like it, a chance because of morons like this.

Liyterally every cartoon has improved lines you aspie retard. Other shows have things like quality control and editors who actually went to school, so it's harder to tell though.
Rick and faggy has "Le epic le maymay le le le, kek!" Retards both working on, and watching it. So yeah...

/thread

>Liyterally every cartoon has improved lines you aspie retard
A full episode made of improvised dialogue though? I think not.

>you will never spend years of your life working on a well loved cartoon just so you can try to use it to campaign to get old food back in stores three seasons in

Maybe they just cloned them?
Or there exists a universe full of only Mortys.

I had not considered that possibility, thanks.
The Council returned the Rickles Mortys to their home universe and said they would live out their normal lives, that suggests they didn't plan on adding them to the pool of replacements. Maybe Mortys have a descent survival rate and replacements are rare so Ricks without a Morty only require one.
That two is a possibility.
Thinking about it many Ricks could have been lost before they learned about using Mortys allowing for a pre existing surplus.

given that one rick managed to kidnap dozens (hundreds?) of mortys and hook their genitals up to car batteries, that is a damn good question

oh yeah, TONS of shows do episodes about reality being split and fragmented based on different parallel universes caused by choices, and the inability to get them back together as long as they're out of sync, and then fucking... the different universes affecting each other, but then all of them teaming up to beat up the one guy who exists in all of them simultaneously

only an idiot would find that mindblowingly amazing

>Maybe Mortys have a descent survival rate and replacements are rare so Ricks without a Morty only require one.
then why would they give out free replacement morty coupons as consolation gifts?

There's also all those new podcast shows that have animations layid over the improvved audio, like the Ricky Gervais show.

And Genie's whole character in Aladdin was 90% just Robin Williams improv.

As stated in Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind, most timelines have a Rick, and most Ricks have a Morty. So while at one point there were more Ricks than Mortys, that could've changed due to random deaths that come with living Rick's lifestyle and the life-threatening stuff he nonchalantly messes with.

Attention Sup Forums, you are currently the target of a small raid of shit-posters. Their current topic is Rick & Morty.

"How many times do I have to tell you? BECAUSE WE'D BE AT THE BEACH!"

Bob's Burgers has improv? I mean, is it light or something, I never really noticed it myself.

South Park, but maybe that's an exception.

GOAT show
youtu.be/BdpyvMgBQTk

In the first episode, where the kids dropped the toothpicks to prove Tina is autistic had an improv feels to it.
It was hilarious anyway.

>stop liking what I don't like!!!!!!!