What did those krauts do to him? Did they send him to Auschwitz?

What did those krauts do to him? Did they send him to Auschwitz?

Other urls found in this thread:

historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/dunkirk/
newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2017/07/tom-hardy-s-dunkirk-hero-based-on-a-real-life-kiwi.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Billotte
youtube.com/watch?v=yIDa8sIWeW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Interrogation, then a prison camp

They couldn't do anything to him, he'd already won.

The guy who the scene was based off was never seen again.
Being captured that early in the war was not good

Worst case scenario is he winds up spending five long fucking years in a POW camp along with all the other guys captured at Dunkirk
Seemed like the kind of guy who would probably escape though, he had that vibe

Oh fuck off

I held back tears during this scene. I was drunk and it was the first movie that's made me feel in a while.

He's right tho faggot. Cry more

Is Tom Hardy's character Farrier based on a real person?
In the Dunkirk movie, the Royal Air Force pilot Farrier (Tom Hardy) engages in aerial battles to help prevent the Luftwaffe from assaulting the men stranded on the beach and sinking the boats in the water. In researching the Dunkirk true story, we discovered that while the character Farrier is not directly based on an actual person, his experience most closely resembles that of Alan Christopher "Al" Deere (pictured below), a New Zealand Spitfire pilot. Deere's plane was hit in the cooling system by the rear gunner of a German Dornier, and like Tom Hardy's character in the movie, Deere crash-landed on the beach. He landed wheels up on the water's edge and gashed his eyebrow in the process.

After a woman in a nearby cafe helped Al Deere with his bleeding eyebrow, he made his way to the soldiers waiting on the mole and eventually onto a ship. Many of the soldiers he encountered were angry, "Where the hell have you been?" they asked of the air force. Toward the end of the movie, RAF pilot Collins (Jack Lowden), is asked this by a soldier. Mark Rylance's character, Mr. Dawson, overhears and reassuringly tells Collins, "I know where you've been."

historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/dunkirk/

newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2017/07/tom-hardy-s-dunkirk-hero-based-on-a-real-life-kiwi.html

I know I've seen that haircut somewhere!

>Mark Rylance's character, Mr. Dawson, overhears and reassuringly tells Collins, "I know where you've been."

No he points to a different group of soldiers and says "They know where you've been"

Great moment

Airmen get better treatment than other POWs though.

>What did those krauts do to him? Did they send him to Auschwitz?
He survived over ten sessions on the lethal masturbation machine and also survived being gassed 6 times because he couldn't fit in the door (he's a big guy). He survived to have 3 children despite being sterilized by dr Mengele and turned being into a lamp shade.

why didn't he eject from the plane and get on one of the boats?

straight uncut kino

More to do with them being officers, who received different treatment from ORs/NCOs; most notably officers weren't required to work

Back then you couldn't eject from that altitude. You had to be way higher.

And a lot of pilots died anyway cause they'd eject and hit the back of the plane.

I keep reading they used real spitfires in this movie but i searched and couldn't find anything confirming if the Me-109's were real does anyone know?

Because that ending sux

Mhmm

If you watch again you'll see he opens his cockpit but closes it again and starts pumping his wheels down

He's British, so he would have gotten a cozy spot at Colditz or a similar prison camp.

Probably would have tried to escape later and then acted surprised and butthurt when he and his friends were sneakily led around a corner and shot.

He does that to hear the cheers

I agree, The Great Escape is a good movie.

You can tell that Junker is a miniature drone, sadly there's only about 1 or 2 of those things left in existence

By standing there staring at one point for hours waiting to be cought what did he mean by this?

By standing there autistically staring at one point for hours waiting to be caught what did he mean by this?

>land into German occupied territory
>land into friendly territory and get away from the front
There is a difference here somewhere.

Man, I can't believe people said this film was bland. If only they knew at what lengths Nolans goes to make his films look good. He might not make masterpieces or anything but I'll miss him when he's gone.

Real sets, real locations, shooting on film, hundreds of extras, practical effects, all will be a lost art form soon.

It's easily the most realistic WW2 experience captured on film

Maybe. But definitely the dogfighting. Those scenes are incredible. Didn't even feel like cinema, it felt like you were in the plane with them

10 sentences in the whole movie. Sound track that won't shut up. A bunch of boats boating

1/5 stars. 24 % rotten.

The air scenes were mind blowing in imax

The fire rises..

>those wide shots of the open ocean

>Mark VII spitfire cockpit.
The movie features mark I's and a Mark V

He was the bigger man.

For you

I only saw the movie for the first time yesterday. It's definitely unlike any other war film. After having seen it I sincerely wish I saw it in theatres, the sound must have really added to it all.

It had a lot of interesting qualities to it like for one you never see any germans. All in all it felt tremendously realistic to the point of showing how mundane yet also terrifying war can be.

The sound was incredible.
I've seen the 4.36GB version on a decent system and the sound is cucked.
In the cinema people were holding their ears.
When the first round come through the side of the grounded boat I shat myself, as did half the cinema

And not to forget the spitfires roaring over the sea. Rolls Royce Merlin engines son, best sound in the world

>The sound was incredible.
Stuka roar was genuinely terrifying, gave a great impression of what it must have actually been like

The Jericho sirens in the cinema were fucking terrifying.

Saw it in 70mm. Had to drive about an hour away but it was totally worth it. Another reason I like Nolan a lot even if all his films aren't great is that he makes his films specifically to be seen in a theater. He's a purist that way

And yeah, the way the film strictly adheres to perspectives is a reason why this is a unique war film. It's about the individual battle, the individual encounters, the individuals themselves. You only see what they are seeing and nothing else.

Even the rifle fire was terrifying.
The volume was cranked to the 10's

Dunkirk deserves so many technical awards that I don't think it's gonna get. I hate Hollywood. I hate the Oscars.

When a casual tries to make a WW2 film you get Fury or whatever the fuck that Angelina Jolie movie was. God I wish this film was 4 hours long. I wanted so much more but I was extremely satisfied with what we got

>It's about the individual battle, the individual encounters, the individuals themselves. You only see what they are seeing and nothing else.
It really captures the fear of death from the boys on the beach, that's what they were, just boys.
Where bravery is depicted it's done accurately without the 'call of duty' style crap as seen in movies like hacksaw ridge.
In the opening scene where the French guards are hole'd up behind the sandbags, waiting for the German army, The fleeing Frenchies may have been cowards but those guys weren't

real cinematography unlike the meme shit in revenant

t. Nazi apologist

No idea how you drew that conclusion

t. Apologist of Nazi apologists

>literally just shitposting
okay

Is like to see this one be made
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Billotte
Hollywood seems to hate French soldiers for some reason

>Hollywood seems to hate France
ftfy
It's like IRL memeing

Why though? Even in this movie they’re being put down

Paths of Glory is a decent film from Hollywood depicting French soldiers, the general staff not so much.

Why would you shoot a plane before surrendering to a man?

sent him to the pit where he replaced his pilot mask with something more menacing and from his experience developed an obsession with crashing planes and rising fires

Did they expect one of them in the wreckage?

So it cant be used by the Germans?

newfag

Watching Dunkirk in IMAX is an otherworldly experience, even better than BR: 2049 I thought.

They used Hispano HA-1112, a 50s Spanish plane derived from the 109

Holy shit, that looks like hilariously bad CGI, yet I'm assuming it's 100% real...?

He's probably been standing for no more than 15-20 minutes, looking at the state of the burning plane.

if you actually knew about the dunkirk evacuation, you would realise this movie was beyond disappointing

Yes it's real user

Back then you couldn't eject at all, you had to get up on your feet and jump. So naturally below a few hundred feet trying to bail was pretty suicidal.

youtube.com/watch?v=yIDa8sIWeW0

I do know and all is shown pretty damn accurate

They used real planes and scaled down RC models for crashes
see

Did the popularity of the GoPro make anyone else hate these action shots? Because it did for me. I remember before the GoPro I was always fascinated and thrilled by those kinds of shots but now they just look cheap to me and remind me of fucking Casey Neistat or YouTube in general

world war 2 could have been averted if only churchill and hitler had tossed a football around. this film has so many things to teach us.

I baited my sister to watch 1 direction star's debut movie. Funny how she reacts to thrilling scenes and the dread it brings to the normies. Ended up loving it.

Didn't nazis treat officer POW's relatively well?

>Hilariously bad CGI
fuck you

kys jungle monkey

>That close up face shot
Fucking hack. Should've have continued with the same back shot what a fucking retard.

Perhaps he's wondering why he'd burn the plane before shooting a man.

>1st year film student
lol

Could he not have landed in the water?
He would be able to get easily instead of having to bashing the canopy open like his buddy had to do.

Your problem is consuming trash from youtube 'celebs' to begin with.

>tfw you're in the kinematorium watching some english cunts walk through some french city and there's suddenly super loud machine gun fire that feels super fucking real and scary and you realize you're actually feeling vulnerable and this isn't going to be some boring ass average war movie but something great
>tfw you hear your first stuka and feel the bass in your chest as the first bomb explode

why do I always laugh at this meme, fuck

Probably not, Western POWs were treated more or less okay (excluding Commandos, who were to be shot on capture, but that depended on who captured them).
Soviet POWs were literally exterminated though, and enjoyed worse conditions than many Jews.

He couldn't, landing a Spitfire on the water even under perfect conditions is pretty dangerous (as evident by the first downed pilot who almost drowned), let alone a gliding one with the engine off in shallow wavy water.

*sounds of soldiers screaming in agony as they are being crushed between the boat and the dock*

Big guy had to be captured to get a response from viewers.

He became Bane