This Mulan sauce is getting kinda crazy

This Mulan sauce is getting kinda crazy

Do you really think it's a coincidence that Rick & Morty made such an obscure arbitrary reference while we know Disney is planning a live-action remake of Mulan?
This was paid. This is future product placement. Disney controls the memes, it controls the market.

once i learned about the remake it all made sense to me. before that i thought they were just making fun of a sauce that wasn't that good for cardboard nuggets

Disney is working on 3 live action remakes at once I heard and they are Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Lion King.

Disney and McDonalds had a falling out back in 2006, because Disney didn't want to be associated with unhealthy food. They're sure as fuck not going to get back together for a damn sauce promotion.

yes, it's a coincidence. christ, you guys are fucking idiots. do you seriously think the 15 person slacker team behind rick and morty planned and expected the world to blow up about mulan dipping sauce, like some machiavellian think tank? you're a moron

>future product placement

by 2018 you'll have forgotten about this, and you actually care right now

pretty sure McDs doesn't need Disney's permission to make some fucking chink sauce. they just won't put Mulan on the packaging

Isn't Mulan public domain?

No. He who controls the pants....controls the universe.

The amount of shilling this sauce got was disgusting.

It doesn't even matter. Chick-fil-a sauce will always be the most superior dipping sauce.

The show is popular and the target demographic is impressionable. I'm sure they knew it would get a reaction.

If they were going to bring it back, they'd just do it for Chinese New Year or something. It wouldn't have anything to do with the live-action movie.

Why is everyone surprised about the marketing? Rick went on a tangent about a 3DS deal for no reason once.

Did people really go crazy over that sauce back then, or is everyone pretending they did to get on the meme bandwagon? Because I don't remember it at all.

Mulan is coming out November 2nd this year

I know when I was a kid, there were commercials for it nonstop. I remember asking for the stuff once, but they were sold out.

I was around nine then and I was pretty indifferent towards it. I always enjoyed BBQ sauce with my nuggets though.

Yeah I don't remember it either.

Go ahead, user, try and publish a book named "Cinderella."
Disney makes a lot of money out of litigating things from the public domain into the private.

Reminds me of when LA Beast wanted to bring back Crystal Pepsi

Why the bloody heck does this stupid post keep coming back MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY?

There are non-Disney Jungle Book and Little Mermaid movies coming out. They don't have that much control over things in the public domain. There is only so much that Disney can do to fight people using things from public domain.

stop speding so much time on /co

the reddit userbase is usually pretty vocal in expressing how much they enjoy their favorite TV show is all

>Go ahead, user, try and publish a book named "Cinderella."

But there are books called Cinderella that have no Disney involvement, what the fuck are you even talking about.

Yeah, There were tons of Mulan movies in China.

The one I remember the most was the one from 2009.

And for some reason, some Chinese bootleggers added the 2009 movie in a bootleg box set with the Disney movie and it's terrible sequel.
Even if the 2009 Chinese movie isn't exactly the most kid-friendly thing out there nor was Disney involved in making it.