Holy cow. Was not expecting that at all. What a life this guy must’ve lived...

Holy cow. Was not expecting that at all. What a life this guy must’ve lived. Makes me want to drop everything and go live in the desert.

allah akbar

There is nothing in the desert.
And no man needs nothing.

But it looks comfy

The blessings of muad'dib be with you.

Tell me about Lawrence
Why does he wear the jihad?

Suvked a lott dicks too

are you the lad that was asking about desert kino yesterday?

>movies Sup Forums will never understand

>a 3 hour movie with literal desert crossings
WHo the fuck likes this?

People with top taste.

Do you mean hijab?

If I removed it would it be harum?

Love how even the way you worded your post allows to instantly identify you as a brainlet

Tell me whats good about this

No I can see it would be a waste of time
Go play with legos or something

Negative. I was in the thread though. I watched Silence than this. I did post in that thread about it

It’s almost 4 hours. And it flies by

Watched the 70mm print in a theater the other day. Looked amazing, recommend it if you get the chance.

>than
then*

It would be extremely distasteful.

Ok thanks. (I do know the difference)

nice deflection there faggot

How does one go about getting that opportunity

Independent theaters that still have 70mm projectors normally have it in their rotation of films. I think they did a second printing in 2012 so it isn't super hard to find.

Cool thanks.

I thought this was gonna be a grandpa movie

I was wrong. By far the best film I've ever seen. Like the user before said, 4 hours that just seem to fly by.

What's it like in comparison to other epics, like Hestons Ben Hurr? If I enjoyed BH would I enjoy this?

Deserts are objectively the comfiest setting ever

Or Liz Taylors Cleopatra*

now watch spartacus and ben-hur

Half agree. I think any arid setting is
>snowscape
>desert-scape
>submerged valley
>the lunar surface

Any setting devoid of normies desu

Read the book.
They lived for months at a time eating nothing but bread, cooking with camel dung and sleeping i the saddle to maintain an incredible patrol pace.
That is not comfy.

The golden age of colonialism is over, user. The sand people would end your adventure very quickly nowadays.

But that was them not us. I'm sure even you could live a marginally comfier life than they did if you were in the desert.

He was purposely drunk for a lot of the filming (it was the thing to do at the time for great effect)
It's a great epic, congrats on growing some taste and watching it.
Now you have modern dogshit to look forward to.

>not suggesting Doctor Zhivago before those other ones

Considering people like you are ten times more pussy than the Bedu and those old dudes, you'd be bawling for your mother on day one when you couldn't get any wifi

He's a Poor mans James Brooks. All this guy did was fag flounce around with pakis he should have had the forsight to exterminate. On the other hand James Brooks defeated all the pirates of Borneo and was given his own country. The white rajah and Sarawak existed until 1947 but you've never heard of it because bumboy of the bazaar here has stolen popular recognition.

I feel sad because I had spent good money and five years of good time studying criticism on colonialism and I am still no where near this movie. Once when I got there I doubt I can say anything to make you feel differently

The desert almost always means extreme desolation and misery. It's the hardest place for a human to survive, alongside the jungle, so that is reflected on our tales. This movie is no different.
That's why it's great. Everyone that can survive the desert, like the beduins, have mutual respect.

Where i grew up there was no exposed dirt, only rock, an average of 2 trees a square kilometer, a grass called spinifex which tries to stab you to death when it dries out and 40°c temperatures for a good chunk of the year.
I just can't get romantic about that sort of landscape.

did he just ANGLOD a bunch of muslim pussy and decide to LARP as respecting their shitty culture?

id have done the same thing

Nah, but nice mental image of the people you must associate with. I don't need modern comforts to feel comfy. I'm more at home outdoors than in as well. I'd adapt fairly fast.

Where is this?

Feel free to move to Syria and try and lead a loose collection of former ISIS fighters against the Syrian government.

You might enjoy it. Or get skinned alive.

I loved it. My roommate bought it on DVD back in the day. We were really bored so finally decided to at least watch the first disc.

Man, we threw on the second disc in seconds and loved every fucking minute of it. It's so good.

that horse pixel would be cgi today

Infinitely better.

It doesn't have that "dated" feel that they have, and is just a plain great film. You can see a lot of it's influence in modern films like Indiana Jones etc.

Like the other user said, the time flies by. I was expecting it to be slow, but it's just such a good, exciting story with great characters and you don't even notice the length.

Even by modern standards, some of the shots in it and sequences are still stunning.

He did actually respect them. He spent years in the region before the war and was fluent in arabic. He knew the british interest in the region was purely about securing future oil finds before the french could.

A desolate hell in western queensland australia. I live on the eastern coast now.

Fuck you’re right

No one blames ya for it either. We've each got our own ideal form of comfy. I probably wouldn't like yours but it doesn't matter. As long as you're comfy then it's all good

every horse would be cgi

>No. I'm different.

>really far away
>not blocked by curvature of the earth
uhh round earthers?!

Such a pretty fucking film

didnt he lie about most of his adventures?

Hello fellow Ausbro.

I spent a few months living and working in a small """"town"""" outside of Roma.

It was hell on earth.

>Doctor Zhivago
>200 minute run time

nope

LoA is longer

People with attention spans

highly probable

And green screen scenes look absolutely abysmal.
Every time there is some hyped up trailer for the next flavor of the week movie, there are scenes, that look like they are placeholders for actual scenes, that still need to be filmed properly.
Everything sticks out so much, in front of the all digital background.

I watched this movie on an iPod on a plane once and it was still fucking amazing. Yet nolanfags claim dunkshit can only be appreciated in a theater. What a fucking hack.

>spinifex
Fuck spinifex
My bush childhood wasn't on your level but it was bad enough. No one understands why I'm not nostalgic for the Australian countryside.
I hear "I love a sunburnt country" and just think dusty, red hellscapes and shudder.

I live overseas now and deflect any questions about going back for a visit.

One of the greatest shots in cinematic history

>I watched this movie on an iPod

fuck this imperialist piece of shit and fuck all traitorous arabs

An amazing life and almost none of what was in the film was true, not that it detracts from the film anyway

Why is he wearing mascara?

Cheers man, gonna go give it a watch

a great song is great on a battered acoustic guitar. the same holds true for movies.

To this day it's still one of my favorite movies. There's just something about the sweeping grandeur and Lawrence's vulnerability and pain makes it such an incredible work.

If you liked the film OP you should read the original book, Seven Pillars of Wisdom. Lawrence in Arabia: Deceit, Imperial Folly, and the Making of the Modern Middle East by Scott Anderson is also a great read.

Lawrence of Arabia and Patton are the two old epics that probably stand up best.

I only have that one wojack
Don't make me google more please

That's part of the point of it, though, that for Lawrence it's romantic because he didn't grow up in it, won't eek out a living for sixty years and then die in it, and when he's done his adventure he gets to go home to a green English estate and kick it on his motorcycle. He's a tourist playing at a novelty life he gets to leave whenever he's bored of it.

>and Lawrence's vulnerability and pain
Especially when he got TURKED

I haven't watched this movie. I'm going to watch it now.

Exactly. The reason it's so good is because it serves as both an ambitious epic and an intimate character study.

Reminder:
T.E Lawrence was a crazy masochistic who got off on pain. He didn't fit in at all among the professionals in the army.
Definitely an adrenaline junkie. He couldn't stand to sit in a closed room for long at all. He thrived on chaos and later confessed that he thoroughly enjoyed killing people.
The desert is not comfy, especially for all you soybois used to AC and microwavable tendies; you are not the madman Lawrence of Arabia was.

>0 mentions of when he gets raped by turks ITT

In his description of the Dera'a beating, Lawrence wrote: "a delicious warmth, probably sexual, was swelling through me," and also included a detailed description of the guards' whip in a style typical of masochists' writing.[146] In later life, Lawrence arranged to pay a military colleague to administer beatings to him,[147] and to be subjected to severe formal tests of fitness and stamina.[148] John Bruce first wrote on this topic, including some other claims that were not credible, but Lawrence's biographers regard the beatings as established fact.[149] The French novelist André Malraux, who admired Lawrence, wrote that he had a "taste for self-humiliation, now by discipline and now by veneration; a horror of respectability; a disgust for possessions...a thoroughgoing sense of guilt, pursued by his angels or his demons, a sense of evil, and of the nothingness men cling to; a need for the absolute, an instinctive taste for asceticism".

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Larry of Arabia is unironically my favourite film.

Peter O'Toole was a fucking boss.

Imagine an Irish pisshead playing a man of such majesty. BAN THIS FILTH

Shame that after all he went through to help them they discard him like his existent was ultimately nothing. As if to say that they still would have beet the Ottomans with or without his help. The film made the Arabs look like ungrateful bastards by the end in my opinion.

Arabs to love themselves white boys. Be careful and don’t get rapped.

After exams I watch this movie with a bottle of rum; super comfy. Lawrence is someone I revere as an officer. He understood the utility of using the less civilized methods to create chaos for an empire.

why did he turned into a faggot?

He lost his boipussy to quicksand