Variant cover for Flash #22

Variant cover for Flash #22

Jay's coming back soon Sup Forums! What are your hopes for him & the rest of the JSA?

Are you looking forward to The Button?

Never read a JSA comic, user, what are some good books to check out for a newbie?

The Button is my most hyped comic story at the moment. I'm interested in the Watchmen storyline and the idea of DC's two greatest detectives is pretty awesome. Also, those lenticular covers are great. Far better than the ones for villains month for the New 52.

>DC's two greatest detectives
detective chimp and elongated man?

Detective Chimp and Tim Drake?

Thats a black dude tho, is black wally getting a speedster ancestor? also how racist is that?

Detective Chimp and Martian Manhunter?

Post yfw it's The Rival

Detective Chimp and The Question?

Could it be a bait and switch to reveal The Rival instead? He has been depicted with yellow color lighting also.

Jay might be black. Don't expect the exact pre flashpoint jsa.

>thinking he's black based off a cover with no color
Dumb-dumbs.

We didn't see that. Ok?

Anyway yeah it's jay. Too bright not to be.

Doesn't change the fact that it's still dumb to think he's black based off that cover when his skin plus almost everything has no color and his face is so obscured.

The big nigger nose.

>Never read a JSA comic, user, what are some good books to check out for a newbie?
JSA The Golden Age is technically an elseworlds but it's pretty cool

JLA/JSA Virtue & Vice is a fun short teamup with the JSA and the JLA

Geoff Johns/Robinson/Goyer JSA run is long but very worthwhile (and I really enjoy the JSA Returns mini in particular)

I'm excited but also very worried over what exact version of Jay and the JSA we're getting.

Rebirth is treading a weird line between my dreams coming true, and crushing bullfuckery.

I don't think so, I think they're just shadowing him out on the covers for dramatic effect

but hell, even if it turns out to be the Rival that would still mean Jay himself is not far away

Detective Chimp and Detective Chimp

Yeah I'm a little worried about how they're going to pull off the JSA

if they try to merge a classic style JSA with new 52 Earth 2 things I might literally have a rage aneurysm

Won't be the pre flashpoint version.

More likely keep everything pre 1950s and then bring them back present day.

I think it will be something close to it.

Sans all the comics that happen post flash of two worlds.

It's going to be the JSA brought from WWII to the present day.

Oh fuck, that's good.

>Geoff Johns/Robinson/Goyer JSA run is long but very worthwhile
I've heard it's very continuity heavy.

somewhat, but not so much that it'd be inaccessible to the average reader

Earth 0 JSA.
After COIE, everything was from the same Earth and history, save for a few holdovers like Power Girl.
At the end of 52, we saw that when Infinite Crisis respawned the Multiverse, it used New Earth as the basic template with alterations caused afterwards.

So Jay and Alan are officially from Earth 0, not E-2. That's the ones we'll see. The Pre-Flashpoint ones.

Yes. Like cap america sans the ice.

Personally i hated what post crisis did and zero hour.

Not fully.

So its pre CoIE JSA?

No it's Golden age Jsa.

Bringing back the entire pre flashpoint history will screw up stuff.

nope, they'll be post-COIE. the Johnny Thunder parts in the Rebirth special imply that the JSA were part of main earth continuity but were forgotten for some reason (I'm guessing Dr. Manhattan is responsible but Johnny blames himself because he's an idiot)

Nope.

>Johnny blames himself because he's an idiot
in this case I'd believe him because he has a reality warping 5D imp at his command

Did he wish them away to protect them?

yes from congress. they were demanding them to take off their masks. before new 52 they just retired but now it seems like johnny wished them away to protect them

He can be Alan's on again, off again boyfriend

Nope what? The post crisis JSA continuity won't be intact but they certainly aren't going back to pre COIE separated JSA

why is he collored like the rival?

Jay showing up is obviously leading to a JSA book but what's going on with ThomasBats? Are we finally getting that red Batman book that made Robinson ragequit Earth 2?

No. Did you see the last page to the latest Flash? Thawne remembers Flashpoint, and he's going after Bruce to get revenge on Thomas for killing him.

The Rival's more purple than anything, not black.

I hope the Flashbats covers mean we're actually getting a conversation between Thomas and Bruce that was done offpanel in Convergence.

Artist: Howard Porter (according to Newsarama, the sauce)

Detective Chimp and Chimp Detective?

>Batman taking Flash's villains
Ughhh

LMAO I wish I could upvote this twice!

no it is explicitly thawne being a petty motherfucker and going after bruce because thomas is dead

it wasn't even the right thomas. it was a prefp bruce, but it was earth-2 thomas aka the drug addict who worked for the mob and faked his death

Looks like the rival.