twitter.com/AnonBabble

go hard bitch

the forever war

None, because the film is always worse anyway

>what is "Harry Angel".

>Angel Heart
>I am a faggot but I've fixed my mistake

The Shining film was far, far better than the book

I know 90 percent of it is just talk, talk talk...but really ? Not one single try to adapt it....The Mule is the greatest tragic villain in all Sci-fi

yes, but he only appears in the last two books. I think it would work best as a TV show though

>all sci-fi books
what about classic ones?

>OP is a subtle troll
what did you not like of 2001?

This already is a film.

Make HBO need to make a RAMA series 6-7 seasons will cover all the books without it getting boring

the mote in god's eye

>Rama series

it should just be a single film. The follow-up books are terrible imo

The warlord chronicles but it should be a tv series.

didnt this make enough money to get more movies

A movie will be some bullshit thriller horror mystery and not capture the AWWW the last few books really built the world but had a shitty ending

>to much fags will cry mehh diversity when they see a black women will be the mother for all of humanity throughout the stars

>nobody gets the joke that The Sentinel was already adapted into a movie

WHy haven't they remade this GOOD yet this was such an adventure everyone who made this made it into a bullshit monster horror movie
this was the original 28 Days Later

youtube.com/watch?v=7FtGLdBtwzI

Netflix is working on this now.

Wasn't this a superior version of The Stand

yep. with a qt

this

Savigny's testimonial of pic related. more horrific than the titanic

Blood meridian but I think it's nigh impossible

Hollywood will always fuck up Books not in the sense that they dont put in enough but they always want to force a bullshit narrative the writer never intended on you

Look how scifi fucked up childshood end done right that show could of taped into the zeitgeist of today and look at the what game of FEMINIST currently is

I dont want anybook i like to be remade into a movie or show not even by netflix or hbo

god please no

>Lem
>Trips

BASED post

the most "epic" books I have ever read in terms of scale and grandness. Who would play the Mule though?

Why

This version is pretty damn good

False Memory by Dean Koontz

cast an unknown actor

If it gets the LOTR treatment, there would be a chance it doesn't suck.
Not gonna happen, though. Ever. And if it still happens, it will be utter shit.
But a man can only dream.

If you're gonna make a movie about futuristic pyramids at least do The Night Land.

At the Mountains of Madness

it's called Downfall

I am so glad that Del Toro version fell through.

>Lynch will never direct the scenes when a lightbulb becomes a character and the focus of the story
>we won't see that coprophagia moment onscreen
>we will never see the Looney Tunes tier chases
The last part of the novel is material for the biggest LYNCHING ever and the rest would be funny as fuck.

It's probably the least adaptable sci fi I've ever read

>At the Mountains of Madness
is this scifi or just straight out madness

> like the thing

Yeah but it wasn't true to the books and the rest of the books would be too boring for a GA. Also they aren't good.

A new series of Philip Marlowe adaptions.

I'd like to see someone try. I don't know how successful it'd be, but it'd be interesting none the less.

>PG-13

Lynch would be a bad choice for an adaptation. His weirdness is personal and intimate, Thomas Pynchon's is broad and political. Kubrick would have done a fantastic job.

Derek Raymond's 'Factory' novels.

They're far too bleak for any Hollywood production to ever go near them, but it's something I hope for anyway.

if you are the same person MARRY ME NOW

Oh, beat me to it.

Yes I am. Started on a sci fi reading binge a few years ago. Found both books through "Atomic Rockets".

They may be my favorites reads ever. It's a shame that Rama II was so terrible.

gib more sci-fi similar to rama, blindsight, contact, 2001 etc... Alien contact mystery novels that really make you think

the other books go really deep the books with bean the books with the brother and sister the books with the piggies this those universe have so much content just the stories about ender coming back to earth and bean origin story would make a better series than stranger things

and they could even do bean children going into space and starting their own planet

He would have Cthulhu become Godzilla and save the day after falling in love with mexican girl running away from an evil white business man.

Did you ever read Childhood's End? It's great. Even the Sci-Fi version was good though it did make some changes.

I think The Mote in God's Eye is the quintessential alien contact story. It goes through the entire process from discover to contact and everything after. It's very detailed and really explores the premise fully.

Read the Andromeda Strain; it's one of Crichton best books. Better than any of his later stuff including Jurassic Park.

Ellroy's trilogies as TV shows

A Russian studio made a TV-series that follows the story really well. I recomend it and would provide links, but unfortunately i have none.

This, so much

Try "Run to the Stars" by Mike Scott Rohan

Albeit, I spoiled the plot a little bit by implying it is about alien contact.

Oh, and try "Flying to Valhalla" by Charles Pellegrino. It's a tie-in to "The Killing Star" but it's actually a better story in my opinion.

This could resurrect the epic genre and would actually be a 10/10 movie if it doesn't become a CGI cringefest.

Actually a great book for would-be revolutionaries

Post more kino book covers.

It would be impossible to focus on everything. You can keep the tone intimate, making the movie revolve around Slothrop's fucked up psyche, for instance.

this is one of my favourite book covers

my nigger, but how do you film half the book being chatlogs?

Possibility of an Island by Houellebecq

Louis CK as protagonist
Alison Brie as his wife
Katherine Waterston as the Spanish chick

>muh joos

Too bad he's one of the last directors to actually like the material on which he works

>Del Toro
youtube.com/watch?v=5rWur7jf61M

>faithful adaptation of Moby Dick finally gets announced
>top director with freedom to endure his vision
>perfect cast except The Rock gets Queequeg's role to please the normie crowd
>actual hype for the movie
>it premieres
>halfway the movie Richard Attenborough's voice explains whale's anatomy and behaviour for more than half an hour
FUND IT

>meme arrows

You could do that but if you did that you'd lose a lot of what made it was it was. I mean, I would like to see how Lynch would handle a story about war but half of what makes Pynchon so interesting is just how much stuff there is in his novels.

I think Gravity's Rainbow would work best as a television series. You'd still have to streamline some stuff but at least the story of Slothrop, Enzian and his tribesmen, Katje and maybe some of Tchitcherines plotline deserve to be properly explored.

Yeah it would work with a decent director, hardboiled is not hard to adapt and the previous films were great (didn't watch The Lady in the Lake though).
I see too many scifis listed here that would be inevitably butchered on the screen.

Yeah. Definitely a movie is not long enough to grasp GR essence.

>a movie about self hating psycho Jew committing suicide
I am down for it

All of McCammon's stuff read like potential screenplays.

imagine being this patrician

Id rather Look to Winward just for the epilogue alone

What joke?

The Forever War

Is this the one about some marines landing on a planet made of nanobots?