Red Lotus

How did they go from being able to defeat any bender, to complete trash?

Seriously Ghazan should have been able to wipe the floor with Bolin and Mako

bad writing

Bad writing

The Brothers are technically top benders, though. They're high level martial artists. The main issue seemed to be matchups. Water vs lightning is some shit.

Man, that armless chick was hot as fuck.

inb4 obligatory complaining about how the Red Lotus should have been a grand conspiracy that was the overarching villain of the entire series, with links to Amon, Unalaq, and Kuvira

We all agree, and there's nothing more to be said.

Bad Writing

Bad writing

Speaking of, anyone have an updated mega link for Korra S4? The most recent one in the archive is missing episodes 1 and 2.

Who said that? who the fuck would think that makes sense? Even if they knew the series would run as long as it did, how would Kuvira see them as nothing but a threat to muh country

>Kuvira
>Amon

They have literally nothing in common with the Red Lotus.

Bad Writing

Jackie Chan I mean bad writing

This.

That shit always bothered me. Mako and Bolin were never really anything more than good athletes yet they take on people who should destroy them all the time and somehow win these fights. LoK was not the best written show.

I stopped watching after Amon blew up. Do we ever find out what the deal is with the Sparky Sparky Boom Man symbol? Why does it impart forehead lasers?

Maybe a secondary power of the Avatar is to buff their team. I know, I'm making excuses for Bad Writing but it's a solid headcanon right?

Korra's power and strength from training end up going to the people around her would make sense given how they get to win their battles while she has to take the fall to make them look good.

>Why does it impart forehead lasers?
>That thing from back in the first series!
>I remember that part from the first series!
>I, too, remember that part from the first series!
And that's the kind of thought process you get with Bryke.

They're world class MMA fighters, and Mako at least learned Lightning bending from the head of a Triad

Bolin should not have been able to beat Ghazan though

I remember watching Season 3's first episode and watching these motherfuckers do their shit. I hadn't felt this much hype since Ocean's 11.

And then the mediocre fights and stupid Bolin lava-bending came in.

Yes, it was foreshadowed, but that doesn't make it good. At least Zaheer's flying bullshit had a bit of justification for being the main antagonist of the season because, how else do you top giant black squid satan?

>They're world class MMA fighters,
No they weren't, they were top-tier pro-bending athletes. Pro-bending isn't quite the same thing as actual bending.

I was bothered by how small they were

It's just Zaheer's crew, Unalaq, and Aiwei

Nah, they should have been circus pals of Suyin

I started that theory and I was so sure it'd be true dammit.

They were pro benders so all the skills are there, they just lacked real combat experience. By the time Ghazan rolls around they have that.

I think it's a shame we didn't see more of the Red Lotus interacting as a team, it was entertaining when it did happen

The torrent is just fine.