DC Ares vs Marvel Ares, which one would win?

DC Ares vs Marvel Ares, which one would win?

Marvel Ares has some cool stories

DC Ares is a shitty generic Wonder Woman villain

DC Ares comes off as a god with a shitload of abilities. While Marvel Ares is a mid tier Luke Cage level brick.

I really have no idea why the hell Marvel had nerfed their gods so horribly in recent years. This was not true before 2000.

Neither are a very good interpretation of Ares, whom both disregard most of the intricacies of his characteristics in the Greek mythological canon.

They both have the same War-based powers (though Marvel Ares has very little magical knowledge), buy yeah. DC Ares has tons more feats.

>While Marvel Ares is a mid tier Luke Cage level brick.
Oh Fuck Off.
He took punches from the Sentry & Hercules he is much more... if not durable (as cage's skin atoms are untearable) then built/sturdy/powerful then fucking Luke Cage.
He has literally the entire accumulated skill & knowedge of human warfare & weaponry in his mind.

Durable enough to be casually ripped in half, something Thor and Hulk tanked a whole lot better.

He's a non flying brick in the class 50 range (like every god not named Thor) But I do not like how he does not have any other abilities outside of being a brawler.

He wasn't casually ripped in half. Sentry jammed his own axe into his shoulder off page and then torn that wound further.
You see in the last panel of the page before the gore splash Sentry with the axe in hand gripping Ares by the neck.

>comparing Ares to Luke Cage
In terms of durability, they are more or less equal with Cage being more resilient against blades and Ares against blunt force. As for strength, Ares is vastly more powerful than Cage. Cage would be like The Thing to Ares's Hulk.

I want fucking Iliadfags to leave, holy shit. It's a fucking comic book.

DC Ares feels more like a force of nature

Marvel Ares is just a really heavy brick

Marvel Ares is weaker, but he's not a pussy like DC Area

This.

This is true of DC's gods in general. They feel more like emanations of the unknowable cosmos, things that simply are and everything else bends around them.

Marvel's gods are a lot less impressive. At the same time, they're more relatable. I think it's because one of Marvel's gods is also one of their chief superheroes. That started a precedent.

Checked em

>places existing character in story
>ignores everything about the character and just does whatever they feel like
>lyl bruh it's just an ayy lmao that looks the same and has the same name and origin it's not the same chill out

Ares is not at all near Hulk's level

Yeah, well, if we totally followed the Iliad, Zeus would be both totally unstoppable and have a completely insatiable sexual appetite. Obviously that makes certain Wonder Woman stories untenable.

Jesus man are you a fucking moron, do you not have basic reading comprehension? He said Luke is to Ares as The Thing is to Hulk.

He's definitely well above Class 50.

He should be able to wave his hand and have the tide of a battle turn this way or that, depending on the savagery of the combat. He should be, you know, a god.

Why? Marvel's Olympians, Asgardians, etc aren't typically at that level. I actually really like how Marvel's Ares is characterized, the Gillen mini was great, and it fits with the more brutish side of Greek heroes like Hercules.

Ares is class 75-80. Well above Luke Cage and his class 20. Only person that thinks Luke Cage is anything but a class 20 is Bendis.

I'll never see my favorite Ares again.

Marvel Ares was kind of a bad ass though.

If we are talking about powerlevels, DC Ares without doubt.

If we are talking about the stories, I would say Marvel Ares. The mini during Dark Reign was freaking amazing and the other mini with Mikaboshi I liked it too. And let's not forget about Contest of Champions, it was pretty fun to read.

And please, can somebody post the image with WonderMan and "I can't hear you"?

Marvel Ares was brought back in the Contest of Champions.

a·nal·o·gy
/əˈnaləjē/
noun
a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
"an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
a correspondence or partial similarity.
"the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia"
a thing that is comparable to something else in significant respects.
"works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature"

You mean Azzarello's self-insert that had nothing to do with any depiction of Ares ever?
He was alright