What are some shit movies that you got memed into watching?

What are some shit movies that you got memed into watching?

>dude dinos lmao

Hacksaw Ridge
Pacific Rim
Civil War

Noroi: The Curse
Lake Mungo

Found footage flicks were a mistake. They aren't even spooky in the slightest and they are both boring and pointless.

Why is Eraserhead shit in your opinion?

Coppola’s Dracula. That movie is complete shit after the first five minutes

KNOCK KNOCK

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Nothing happens in the movie. There's like 50 lines of dialogue and everything resolves down to >muh symbolism

The Visitor

jesus christ

>Nothing happens in the movie.
There's something happening from the first frame right up until the last.

>everything resolves down to >muh symbolism
Lynch hates direct symbolism, his films are not about the narrative, he's a surrealist, everything is focused solely on the experience (which is mostly a representation of a dream)

Don't try to find singular universal answers in Lynch films, they are more of an experience where the viewer projects his mind onto it. Yes there are some general themes (like the fear of being a father) but no specific "meanings" you should "get" out of every shot or line.
While you watch it you shouldn't be "manually" deconstructing every segment thinking what does this or that mean, but just let yourself experience everything.
So literally whatever you think is the answer to your questions IS the answer, there is no wrong.
It's like that to stay as a personal experience for every viewer, not just a puzzle with universal singular answers to everything.

Prisoners, The Force Awakens, End of Evangelion, The Hunt, Train to Busan, Beyond the Black Rainbow
Bad taste

>Dislikes The Hunt
>Claims others have bad taste

Please give a single valid argument of why do you think The Hunt is a shit movie.

Valhalla rising

fucking this

DELET!

Any movie that from the 40's-50's that TCM hails as seven stars out of five

In this classic, screen legend Grant Blake reprises his role as McGovern, a no nonsense character trying to solve a murder mystery while holding on to his marriage. It should be noted that German actress Aida Von Steicht also was Blake's wife in the iconic film "Yankee Pride", where the do-nothin' New York youths are recruited to fight the Japs and the Krauts but come out heroes in the end, ya see...

Drive.

This is why I never trust Sup Forums.

here here

This gave me eye cancer

All of 'em. Marketing is a meme.

Shit is an overstatement. But it was not good. Mainly it was frustrating, but not because of what was happening with the plot. Because, in addition to people acting irrationally to the point that it undermined the intent of the movie (that being a bit of irrationality and hysteria), it really struggled visually. It just had cuts to nature or two river with no rhyme or reason. The flow of the film was interrupted and it felt like the director thought throwing in pretty shots would make the film "visually interesting". Instead it just felt juvenile.
Don't talk to me about taste pleb fuck. I gave reasons for why I didn't like it that are thought out and fair. If you liked it that's fine, but don't think I'm anywhere near somewhere beneath you. I promise my taste is better than yours. I'm sure you disagree because all I've commented on itt is defending a Malick, Lynch, and Refn film, which I'm sure you feel above, but the truth is I'm more a fan of Piavoli or Angelidi, Bresson or Krolikiewicz. You are an idiot
Also bad taste

OP's post is a shit opinion i got memed into reading

>Mainly it was frustrating
It's supposed to be extremely frustrating.

>people acting irrationally
Who acted irrationally? Most of the film is based on actual real life false allegation cases in Skandinavia, this is not extroverted america user.

>It just had cuts to nature or two river with no rhyme or reason
Post a single shot that isn't propelling the visual narrative forward. Vinterberg comes from the Dogme 95 movement and you can be sure that there isn't a single frame or line being said that isn't supporting the narrative

This fucking piece of shit

no critique

Place Beyond The Pines
"""arthouse""" for capeshitters and CSI drones

Worst movie I had seen the year I watched it.

it's good till goose dies

this over 9000%

Seconding this. Turned it off like 10 mins before it was over, simply couldn't stomach more of this shit.

Memento

/thread

>not watching it knowing it will be shit but purely out of your slavish devotion to ADA

ya goofed

>Lynch hates direct symbolism, his films are not about the narrative, he's a surrealist, everything is focused solely on the experience (which is mostly a representation of a dream)

He just has wild dreams and puts them to film? It's just a bit hard to wrap my head around, going to all that effort without a specific purpose/message. Many argue dreams do have meaning, surreal as they may be.

it follows

Seen other films of his?

It's all about the feeling it portrays and the experience.
Tarkovsky films are exactly the same in that way.

This. Bradly Coopers arc is ok but the kids is complete trash.

wonder woman. i fell for all the shilling on here. that's not going to happen again.

>Bradly Coopers arc is
fucking boring

lol and THIS is why I don't come here often

The Guest, John Wick, Stranger Things

The Big Lebowski
My Own Private Idaho
Inland Empire
The Fifth Element
My Dinner With Andre
Everything directed by Paul Thomas Anderson

>John Wick
Couldn't make it past 15 minutes, what happens afterwards?
Does everything happen at the same pace?

that's bc it's actual discussion about the style and meanings of a director's work
kill yourself

not that guy, but yeah basically
it's literally just 90 minutes of instant gratification for the braindead

>My Own Private Idaho

all i remember from this movie are river phoenix wallowing around on empty highways and gay shakesmeme dialog

What do you mean? It's boring, with Keanue Reeves who can't act.

Drive is shit too.

mad max fury road. it's basically just a shitty 90s action movie in the most hammy way possible. i think the people who like it are just really young and have grown up in a world with just capehsit so this is a "refreshing" action movie for them

This pile of crap.

I like most Refn films but Valhalla Rising was fucking awful.

Alien Covenant was the last straw, it was physically painful to watch and not just because of the disgraceful special effects. I've completely given up on hollywood movies made after the year 2000 thanks to it.

I came here to post this.

does the Goose appear in this one?

PLEB ALERT!

GREETINGS PLEB.

>not watching it knowing it will be shit but purely out of your slavish devotion to KR

ya double goofed

Please defend not liking EoE. It's a masterpiece. Have you not seen the Eva series?

What an absolute fucking garbage.

Raging Bull

Don't be like these plebs. Use this list as a guide.