Evans confirms his contract is up after Avengers 4

;_;

yahoo.com/news/chris-evans-confirms-captain-america-103916476.html

But keep hope alive

>"After Avengers 4, my contract is done. Talk to Marvel. If we engage further, I'd be open to it. I love the character. It's almost like high school. You certainly always look to senior year, and then, all of a sudden, senior year happens and you're like, 'I don't know if I'm ready to go.' It's tough thinking about not playing the guy," he told Collider.

Well he won't do another 6 movie contract it's stupid especially considering Marvel needs him more than he needs Marvel (Evans is fucking rich anyway he can retire).

Heck RDJ stuck around after his contract was done so Evans might do the same except now he can demand more money.

Exactly so it isn't much of an issue

Yes we all knew this, this isn't news.

>>Hollywood constantly failing to generate new ideas while churning out more flicks with built in audience fatigue

Real shame, yup.

Do you think captain carol is relevant enough to replace him in the zeitgeist
Basically its

Nigga kitty= thor
Inception magic = Iron Manlet
Captian dye = Cap

It's my time to shine!

Bucky cap.

Yeah this has been a thing for a while. Evans had said before Avengers 2 that he wanted to stop acting and do directing more but that he'd be happy to keep playing Cap on the side because they're the most successful films he's done.

isn't he a shit director?

>'I don't know if I'm ready to go, this is a big steady paycheck we're talking about here"

This series is exactly what is wrong with comic books and why everyone who ever cared about them should be shot in the back of the head. Crossovers used to be a gimmick but this dogshit of throwing in a million garbage characters to fight monday morning cartoon dogshit is the norm now. Same thing with the justice league and literally every other retarded crew. Shared universes are the root of this problem and everyone who ever hailed for it to be the way to go should hang themselves. Youre the reason your shitty medium has lost whatever little credibility it built up with books like Watchmen and Sandman

My theory is Avengers 4 ends with a "reboot" of the MCU and the next phase will star Marvels diversity characters taking the place of the dead originals. The falcon will probably be the MCU Cap for awhile.

if its what he wants to do then quality of work is unlikely to stop him,

look at Uwe Boll

well I mean he's no Ben Affleck or anything

Oh well Bucky Cap but most likely Sam.

>Evans had said before Avengers 2 that he wanted to stop acting and do directing more
I think he stopped telling people this when he recently got a chance a direct something and it didn't get very good reception. I definitely see him sticking with Marvel in a RDJ-esque position for the time being.

Dude, we've been predicting Cap's death since Cap 1.

Completely. Therefore he should be contained at Disney forever.

Nah man. Falcon Cap.

Ben Affleck has lost his mojo

Why are you here?

Why would anyone think it would be Sam or bucky next

Sam is a nigg in jail
Bucky is a fugitive that tony hates

Its going to be carol

Nah, I enjoyed Live By Night. Don't know why it wasn't as liked as Argo. Both are nice, fairly gripping dramas.

He says the workout routine is pretty killer on his body.

Sadly for Ben, the rest of the planet isn't as indiscriminate in it's movie tastes as you are.

He's gonna be working off that negative -$50 million dollars for a while.

You should tweet him about enjoying it. He probably needs to hear that from someone he's not related to.

Mister Doctor can't do inception magic, mong-nog, it was Hannibal-Cacilus.

>isn't as indiscriminate
The average person does most certainly not have particularly good taste in film, my friend.

That's such a poor argument.

what if it was Sharon Carter

He'll die in "Infinity War" and be replaced by Bucky.

>t. I only saw Uwe's game adaptations
Fuck off shill.

Sjws hate Affleck-Damon duo now for some reason.

He already knows he made kíno, and for that he was punished by kikes who expected utter-shitty flick like Force Awakens, Girl with all the gifts, Ghostbusters or Kong Skull Island for that matter.

At that point, he'll be an old man so he'll have to "retire" like what they did with Rhodey.

I keep forgetting RDJ is small as fuck

>Sjws hate
NEWS AT 11

What a sissy.

I don't understand why he do all this workout for 30 sec of his half naked body screen time, when all other time he is in costume with pudding.

Even the people with "excellent taste" stayed far away from Ben's disaster.
It didn't even make good indy film moneys like Argo.
I'm sorry that you base what you support on brand/actor loyalty rather than actual quality.

Fuck off Carolfag

You do realize that Watchman is basically a 50 Shades of Grey style Charlton Comics Crossover miniseries, right?

Sup Forums needs to go back home.

No. Before We Go was pretty good, for what it was.

>brand/actor loyalty
Like yours, Evanposter?

>for what it was
It was a good turd, then.

>I'm sorry that you base what you support on brand/actor loyalty rather than actual quality.
Where did you get that impression?
I just said I liked the film. I'm not the one who brought up Ben in a Marvel thread.

>Even the people with "excellent taste" stayed far away from Ben's disaster.
So now it's a disaster?
Over one third of critics liked it.
You seem to not be entirely impartial on this issue.

Sorry, your autistic bedmate isn't in the thread right now.
Please go ironically shitpost back in your sty

It has an even lower RT score than Live By Night. Or BvS.

>Over one third of critics liked it.

The new kino standard of excellence? I thought you people held critics in contempt?

????
You appealed to "people with excellent taste" first.
What am I supposed to take from that?

Nice mad, Evanposter.
>I'm not the one who brought up Ben in a Marvel thread
No, the Marvel shill did. It's his job after all.

Fortunate then that he and his friends made it with their own pocket money, and didn't turn it into a $65 million dollar fiasco.

But Ben is still getting more projects made.
He's fine.

>he and his friends made it with their own pocket money
Welp, if he sucks as an indie, he must suck even worse as a corporate one.

He has one "announced" movie he's supposedly directing in 2019, now that he's quit as director of Batman. It's a low budget adaptation of an Agatha Christie novel with noone cast for it besides Ben.

>yfw Evans goes to WB
Evanposter on suicide watch.

Actually LbN was made with Ben's and Leo's money.

So he has more projects coming like I said.
Also, you said it yourself.
He quit. He wasn't fired.

I never claimed he was fired, I never claimed he was homeless.
He's just starting all over again at the bottom, that's all. M. Knight had to do the same thing.
>Actually LbN was made with Ben's and Leo's money.
that certainly explains the binge drinking then.

>yfw Evans goes to WB
It would be good for WB to pick up a strong leading man.
Ben is a solid director who's unaware that he's a terrible leading man,
Chris is a solid leading man who's unaware that he's a terrible director.

I hope Ben goes on to direct enjoyable low budget films, and WB finds a better Batman.

He'll stick around for sure.

With his trilogy done, why wouldn't he take on a role once a year as a highly paid, fan-popular secondary character?
RDjr knows he has a good thing going as well.
Easy roles as popular characters in well-regarded movies. Lots of actors be jelly.
Depp's certainly hoping he can get his Sparrow mojo back.

>Evans has unpaid interns too
It must be a contractual obligation.

>Chris is a solid leading man
More like a Sup Forums meme. What kind of loser likes Sup Forums memes?

he can do time magic though. and he will learn the space magic eventually/

>M. Knight had to do the same thing.
No?
M. Night has made many high budget flops in a row.

>Marvel needs him more than he needs Marvel

Not at this point, people are getting tired of Marvel movies and they failed to make Captain America into a popular character outside the flavor of the month film

So their options are to make another contract with him, or go with their original retarded plan of replacing him with the black guy, which anyone with a brain could tell you wouldn't work.

I really enjoyed it but the shaky cam was a bit much

>and they failed to make Captain America into a popular character

says who? I'd say he's easily #2 in the universe in terms of popularity. Well, maybe 3 now that Spider-Man joined.

I forgot how terrible Avengers Cap looked

Ar you stupid?

I'm surprised they didn't throw that costume in the garbage at some point, let alone hold on to it for future use.
Every single MCU Cap costume is better than that one, even the Star Spangled Man With A Plan stage show costume.

it's perfect for some low budget school propaganda shit though

Cap confirmed dead in Avengers 3/4

Imo I'd rather have seen Matt Damon as cap, fuck this guy.