Legends Of Tomorrow Finale Talkback thread

What did you think of the finale?

Will Thawne somehow find his way back to existence to return in the Flash or is Letshcer's time on the CW over?

Why wasn't Rex Tyler's warning about them not being supposed to get on the Waverider at the end of season 1 ever explained?

Who will be back for season 3/Is Rip leaving the team?

Eobard will always exist in some way. He'll be back on Flash in a season or two.

They explained that in the first episode of this season. They weren't meant to get on the Waverider as it got nuked and then they all got scattered through time.

The Eobard who died was one who killed Barry's mother but didn't become Wellsobard. There's still Eobard from before trying to kill Barry's mother running around the timeline. Though he is also a time remnant since Eddie killed himself.. Just roll with it the CW stopped trying to make sense and just go full comic book on time travel.

You can't keep Thawne down - he always comes back because of timefuckery.
Never forget Eddie's body is somewhere in the speed force with Wellsobard's COBALT time machine. If Eddie himself doesn't return as a villain at some point I figure someone somewhere will fuck with the timestream and bring Eobard back.

After all, to be truly erased, he can not have participated in the Flash's origin. As long as he killed Barry's mom he'll keep coming back.

But didn't Thawne in Legends have memories of working with Cisco as Wellsobard? I assumed his 'memories' from a future he never experienced leaked into his consciousness, giving him a merciful streak that led to him keeping the legends alive.

I thought it was a piss poor finale to an otherwise good season

I know it's a CW show and the rules are always loose with LoT, but I thought that Sara using the spear to depower the spear was lazy writing whenever they already had the spear at one point before the Legion of Doom fucked up reality

Well it did involve using the spear. Which is like the One ring (why Tolkien was used for the spear story). Very powerful and very tempting. Trying to use it even once can suck you in past the point of no return.

Did anyone else think that the Waverider had ended up in Metropolis somehow and was going to be caught by Superman/Hoechlin during the last five minutes of the show?

Goddammit.

>Eobard decides to stop fucking around and straight up rips Ray's heart out at the beginning
>30 Eobards fuck around doing nothing while Sara uses the spear at a snail's pace
What's with speedsters and shit writing?

Because Speed is OP, and its hard to make everything always make sense without the speed guy automatically winning every time.

I wanted that to happen. It would have been great to see the camera flip around and Superman floating there looking pissed that the building got smashed.

>You can't save your grandfather, Nick! It'd change fate!
>Lol fuck my future family, I want to fuck Nate!

Why was Vixen such a bitch?

Time occurs as its supposed to, her village probably got wrecked because she left in the first place

So were the multiple Thawnes just punching each Legends member or what? Sara said she depowered the spear but if Thawne was killing each member how did they get back up alive?

Each of them thinks the Legends are dumb enough to kill themselves.

Why isn't there a Marvel/DC mobage?

why I don't get is why Eoabard is a singular but Barry isn't?

Eddie kill himself, which means Eobard was never born, thus he never gave Barry his powers, yet Barry is the flash.

The black racer should also be chasing Barry...

As with anything involving time travel and speedsters in DC, just don't think about it.

Is he ever coming back? I need him in crossover form so badly.

He should definitely join the Legends.

Ray and him have to become bros. It's destiny.

Yeah he did. He shouldn't have as he didn't become Wellsobard. He killed Barry's mom to reset Flashpoint then went straight to Legends. But just go with it as CW don't care and honestly the show is better for it.

She hasn't had a kid yet.

What if the kid is Nate's and she doesn't have to go back to '42?

i really hope next season they show rip and all the legends just finally giving up and being like "ok we actually have no idea how any of this time travel stuff works" and then they just do whatever they want. all the dumb rules that keep getting rebroken is just bad writing.

Finale was excellent, but there was no Booster Gold in the end so 0/10

Still has to go back to 42 to drop the kid off.

And the Tantu Totem

#Constantineforseason3

Did anyone else notice that STAR labs was different this episode? In Doomworld, the archtiecture looked like a helmet, but it was back to normal here. Lazy cgi people or was the reactor in a different building?

The speed force protects speedsters when time is altered. It's a paradox loop with Wellsobard, he was only erased at a certain point in history but everything he did (helping Barry become Flash) still stands. I posted yesterday that he probably still exists as a time remnant since he's always going to be The Flash's real foe. The Eobard on Flash either had memories of his previous life leaked into him by the speedforce which makes sense.

>The Eobard on Flash
I mean the Eobard on LoT.

The point was that the spear tried to tempt you to use it for personal gain. I thought that Sarah being affraid of using it made a lot of sense and actually fit her arc.

That would mean that the AFRICAN vixen character is not even full black.

>Never forget Eddie's body is somewhere in the speed force

His body isnt there, the speedforce just manifested itself as Eddie

I think there were two different places.

That was a different reality bruh, Sara set everything back

This show is so full of plot hole bullshit. Why didn't Eobard just erase the Black Flash from existence? Why didn't The Legends just go back in time to literally any other point in time and get Christ's blood then? Why when there was a literal army of Reverse Flash didn't they just kill The Legends immediately? Also, the whole point of The Spear is that it changes reality which is supposed to be permanent, if reality was fundamentally altered then time travel shouldn't be able to fix it, that timeline would cease to exist. And how the fuck did Nate know reality wasn't right? There are tears in reality, wtf does that even mean?

This

I think The Skull building was were The Hall of Justice is.

Gonna clarify some things.

The Black Flash appeared at the end wasn't trapped because Sara stopped Doomworld from ever happening by turning the Spear off.

All those armies of Eobards are either from his past or present from the reality of Doomworld.

They all started to fade away when the Spear was deactivated, which is why none of them tried to stop Black Flash.

Black Flash ends the Eobard from Doomworld, but there's still the Eobard that wasn't from Doomworld (aka his past self) that's still around.

>Why wasn't Rex Tyler's warning about them not being supposed to get on the Waverider at the end of season 1 ever explained?
Notice how the conversation goes differently at the Season 1 finale and Season 2 premiere?

It was altered after Eobard killed Rex Tyler, removing him from further timelines, but not enough that some part of the conversation did not remain. According to what Eobard says when he kills Tyler, there's apparently been MULTIPLE clashes of him with the Legends off-screen, with Tyler cracking down Eobard's plans too early in one possible future and going to warn the Legends preemptively (that being, S1 finale).

Yes, Eobard implies that there've been time travel adventures of his vs Legends that we have not seen at all, since he "scrapped" them by going back to the WW2 era and killing Tyler.

He got the Wellsobard memories when he brought Barry to the 2016 timeline, despite never actually being Wellsobard himself (he'd be with memories from the 2020-Flash timeline). As a compromise to keep the 2014-Flash reality along with not-Wells-Eobard existence, he's got new memories of the same timeline as inhabited by Our Barry, while keeping his prime time skills.

Since he was traveling through the Speed Force when he was being erased from existence... he wasn't. Which is why Black Flash went after him.

I get that Black Flash kills Doomworld Eobard, but would that satisfy the Speed Force? Wouldn't he go after WWI Eobard (who was absent in the finale) as well?

season 4 of Flash is going to need another speedster bad guy so Thawne is coming back

>Who will be back for season 3/Is Rip leaving the team?
It looks like everyone except Rip is staying this time around.

Which is weird because this would have been the perfect opportunity for Rory and Snart to go and Rogue up Central City.

I can answer one: Eobard doesn't know who Black Flash is or was. Everything else you mentioned is turn your brain off and enjoy LoT.

Her name is Mari Jimwe-McCabe and she's played by a mixed race Nigerian/Native American so I don't see the problem here. The CW present day Vixen canonically was always African-American and grew up in Detroit not directly from Zambezi.

The African Vixen is Amaya in this continuity and as is presumably her daughter/Mari's mother.

The time travel on the show purposefully made no sense this season as the writers went full Saturday morning cartoon/Silver Age comic book. Just don't think about it and enjoy the fun.

So, is Cold still not going to be on Flash? Why'd they throw away the only rogues they didn't fuck up anyway?

Yep. That's why WWI Eobard had a head start to escape through the speed force. Since Thawne came back to thwart the legends, he knew it was better to have a backup plan in case he fails. Hence WWI Eobard getting the fuck out of there while he makes an army of time remnants.

They actually did say in the show when the Doomworld Legends went back to WWI that reality changes take time to set, so they were in a race to destroy the spear before Doomworld set. But seriously you're over thinking it.

It's a live action version of ridiculous 60s comic book plots and 70s cartoon heroics about characters meant to originally entertain small children. If you can't switch off your brain and enjoy it, congrats you're an adult now. Move onto Tolstoy or something.

When's Blue & Gold?!

The time storm fucked up pretty much everything. So if Snart does come back, expect it to be part of the fallout from that.

Ray and Nate have basically been Blue and Steel all season

I bet he reads it for the articles too.

Is Rip the most cucked leader in TV history?

Legends and the Arroverse in general has been such a great spiritual adaptation of Justice League International period. Also came about due to the same creative pressures of not being allowed to use the DC trinity or any of the big 7 really other than Barry.

So what are the chanced that the Supergirl, Flash and Arrow finales will be as hype as LOT was?

Supergirl's been shit this season and Flash finales always disappoint
So the only one I've got hope for right now is Arrow

I miss the Legion of Doom already! I want them back!

I want Malcolm to recruit a new Legion
with hookers and black jack

By which I mean Black Siren and Tokamak

How many Thawnes does it take to change a light bulb?

I don't know, how many?

Nah. Constantine should join the Legends. Without Rip there will be an opening for a Brit with a trenchcoat. And I think he'll either constantly butt heads with Rory or become fast friends and bond over fire.