Nothing Happens: The Movie

>Nothing Happens: The Movie

Why was Sup Forums jizzing all over this again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wKiIroiCvZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the explosives were the lowest point, power rangers worthy, looked like the enemy was throwing granades on them

Because it celebrates the cowardice of the Allies

:_; poor French guy
I am never listenning to One Direction again

>Nothing happens.
That's not the point, if you didn't see IMAX, you missed out.
Anyway, the whole of the BEF getting rescued at the last minute probably saved the war for the Allies. Having the bulk of your army in enemy hands would be quite the hostage situation.
Inb4 the Sup Forumstatds:
>gud guys lost
>russia won the war by themselves
>muh english cowards

t. Michael Bay

But there is something happening from the first frame right up until the last one?

if a movie needs a giant imax screen to make it seem better than it is, then it is garbage

i can watch lawrence of arabia on a phone and it will still be a good movie

ITT: Sup Forums's basement dwelling neckbeards inevitably come with their empty meaningless overly general "boring and nothing happens" brainless statements who just saw the film on an atrocious compressed artefact filled torrent encode on their 13 inch Toshiba laptop with one earbud on while simultaneously shitposting on Sup Forums

I highly doubt you would enjoy a film like 2001 if you watch it on your fucking phone user

why wouldn't i? are you so much of a pleb you need a giant meme screen to appreciate a movie?

You can pretend like you would enjoy looking at a tiny spacecraft docking slowly for 5 minutes with classical music farting out of your atrocious fucking phone speakers if that makes you happy, but we both know you wouldn't.
It's like listening to music on a fucking toaster.

You havnt seen either of those movies user, quit lying

big screens and a good audio system enhance, they don't define

now post the lync phone meme to make yourself feel better

How did nothing happen? The stuff in the movie literally happened irl.

>hurr durr he didn't even watch the flick in 5D seat vibrating theater how dares he calling characters non existing
Movies are not just about visuals user.

>every war movie is literally: battle-crying-map room-battle-wives crying-battle-preaching-moralizing-bigger battle
>nolan breaks the mold and makes a survival war thriller
>capeshi/tv/ hates it
imagine my shock...

thin red line

stop posting

>DA BRITISH WUZ SO BRAVE

do brits really believe this?

Yes they are about the audio too.

t. Popcorn muncher

the people with boats were probably threatened with being arrested if they didn't go get the soldiers

The Thin Red Line is a bit of a too poetic take on war with far too much instances of fake empathy for the characters, not at all what Dunkirk was about.

Even though Nolan loves that film, he was clearly going in a completely different way, it's like The Wages of Fear but in a war setting.

I don't partake in such degenerate acts in the theater, thankfully I'm not an american.

One Direction guy had it right in the train: people would be ashamed of them. But the public didn't see what they had done, so they celebrated and all was forgiven and forgotten.

Nolan exposed himself as a massive ego maniac.
He feels desperate need to make everything gimmicky. Some elements of the movie feels incredibly forced: the twisted timeline, almost complete lack of dialogue, no german soldiers in shot. He cares more about you being able to recognize his movie just by looking at it than he cares about making a good dense movie.

Trying to impose all this nonsense on his picture he forgot to actually write it in a decent way.

Movies are EXACTLY about the visuals user, the visual narrative is the most important aspect of film.

>b-but the writing!
Yes the writing is an important element which should be represented with what? Well the visuals ofcourse.
Characters are made by action, not just reciting lines into the camera user

>the twisted timeline, almost complete lack of dialogue, no german soldiers in shot.
What's wrong with any of these? Especially the second and the third point?

piss in ur bunz

>people who paid to see it like it
>people who didn't pay to see it didn't care for it

gee i wonder who is in the right

You are such a fucking pleb it hurts

Film is a medium all about visuals. Visual story telling is number 1 priority. Go read a book if you want that kind of thing.

That's some sophomore artschool faggot mental gymnastic fuled drivel with complete lack of proof.
I can say that story is in charge and everything else is in service of it and there's no way you can say anything against it.

if movies were only about the visuals we'd all be watching silent films that have no title cards

didn't saw it, how frogs are treated?

the frogs hold the line while the cowardly british run away

I was hoping to see patriotic kino and instead I got a bunch of cowards. The only heroic character other than the pilots was that french guys who dies the most stupid death while Harry Styles gets away with being a coward.

>french guy*

thx, will avoid it then.

dunkirk is one of the good movies

You're such a fucking ignorant brainlet casual that you think "story" and visuals are separate things.
Beyond embarassing, just stop posting altogether.

youtu.be/wKiIroiCvZ0
Get real

the madman actually posted it

Dunkirk: The movie that finally exposed Nolan

Your idea of patriotism is so fucking one-dimensional, pretty damn sad.
The existence of this film baffles every ameriburger because they can't even fathom the idea of a WW2 film being something other than the usual "WE THE BEST LET'S KILL ALL THE EBIL NAZIS/GOOKS SO HEROIC SO VICTORIOUS" shootout gorefest flicks because they can only take pride in their victories, which is pretty shallow.

MUH DUNKIRK SPIRIT

britcucks are so laughably pathetic

I'm from Croatia you dumb ape.

lmao it's this loser again

stay mad, capeshit-boi

WHERE'Z MUH SCENE OF FLAG-DRAPED CASKET BEING LOWERED TO THE GRAVE??

Your degenerate mind will never understand something like this.

your mom so fat she'd collapse the mole

>the visual narrative is the most important aspect of film.
true and the montage was shit, so I wouldn't call it a good movie.