Itt: heroes and villains with unsettling powers/origins

>itt: heroes and villains with unsettling powers/origins

>Fritz von Meyer was born in Leipzig, Germany and became one of Adolf Hitler's top scientists. Escaping capture after World War II, he became a beekeeper or apiarist in South America and discovered a colony of mutated bees. Intrigued by their intelligence and passive nature, von Meyer attempted to enslave the queen bee, but failed and the bees devoured him, leaving only his skeleton. The unique qualities of the bees caused his consciousness to be absorbed into them, allowing von Meyer to manipulate the hive to do his will, although some of his skeletal remains are inside the swarm itself. His consciousness merged with the swarm to the extent that they become one being, calling himself/their-self "Swarm".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gnNK9N8y1QM
youtube.com/watch?v=kRLlICw1UWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Chemo was originally the nickname given to a plastic vessel used by scientist Ramsey Norton to contain the chemical by-products from his failed experiments. When Norton places the remnants of a failed growth formula in the vessel as his latest contribution, it accidentally brings the man-shaped vessel to life as "Chemo". After killing Norton, Chemo goes on a rampage until stopped by Will Magnus' robot team, the Metal Men. Chemo regenerates and returns, but is defeated each time by the Metal Men

I'd love to see a modern Chemo, what a concept

Terror can and needs to replace his parts from living beings.

youtube.com/watch?v=gnNK9N8y1QM

This may be the closest we gonna get.

Didn't that thing get dropped on Bludhaven and destroy it in a massive blast?

Terror is fantastic. It's a shame he wasn't one of the three to spin out of Mercs For Money. Swap him with Solo, him and Foolkiller are too alike

WE DID
JUST A COUPLE YEARS AGO
DURING THE FOREVER EVIL EVENT

I bring him up way too damn much, but Ragman.

After making The Golem, the Jewish community decided that was a failure and would use their Jewish magic to create a protector with better control and morals.
So a noble Jewish family is chosen to pass through their family the legendary Ragman suit.

Capable of STEALING THE SOULS OF ITS ENEMIES, Ragman is then able to access these souls and (if willingly by them) use their strengths and abilities (strength of multiple men, sniping skills of a Nazi rifleman, knowledge of a Yakuza crimelord, etc)

And these souls benefit from cooperating, since being used counts as good karma or something
And once their good deeds out way their bad, they're allowed to leave the suit and enjoy a less damning afterlife than they would otherwise.

Also his weakness is fire, and if any of the rags on the suit get burnt it'll burn away the souls trapped there as well.

Agreed. We need more terror comics.

I liked him in the shadowpact series.

THE PAIN

THE PAAAINNN

Pretty sure it was in Teen Titans and BTAB.

Johnny Sorrow.

Disintegrated by his own teleportation machine, Sorrow gets reformed in a hell-dimension by a being called the King of Tears in a from so horrifying, it kills anybody who sees the visage beneath his mask.

Chemo was the "villain" (it's really more of a non-sentient kaiju than anything) of the first Superman story I ever read. Ah, memories.

a form*

Goddammit.

He appeared in Supergirl

Shouldn't Swarm be mostly a girl then?

The Thousand, an old bully of Parker's who found the dead radioactive spider, ate the damn thing, and turned into a hive mind swarm of spiders that eats people from the inside and wears their skin.

> "Oh fuck, what have I done"

>Sidney De'eath was a member of the Justice Department on an alternate earth to the one inhabited by Judge Dredd. Even at birth he was a notoriously evil little bastard, torturing small animals and the family cat, when his sister told on him he sicced a poisonous animal on her that left her quadriplegic.

>After joining the Justice Department he regularly engaged in torture, brutality and murder as was more common of that universe's judges. However it was only when he met the cultists known as Phobia and Nausea that he really came into his own.

>Would subsequently become an undead husk of a man that could phase his limbs through people's chests and rip out their hearts. When his body is destroyed he can inhabit a new one but it needs to be soaked in 'dead fluids' (Implied to be calcified fats and other disgusting effluence from rotting corpses). Also poisoned the water supply of his earth with the same fluids and caused hideous mutations in the wildlife as well as causing disease to spread rampantly among the general populace.

He was in that Legends of Tomorrow comic that no one read ;_;

He also got a good movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=kRLlICw1UWk

Think he'll join steve's hydra?

It is a no-mutie zone.

Jesus fuck.

I grew up on the colorized Eagle Dredd reprints and the second Judge Death story, Judge Death Lives, still gives me chills

so that villain would die to what 20? 50? hornets?

A former actor turned supervillain turned emissary of an eldritch horror. Win for, him, and reality unmakes itself around a king from subtle realms.

I somewhat think the whole point of lovecraftian horror is diminished when adding human psyche behind it, but that could work perfectly for a good writer.

It isn't entirely diminished. My favorite Elder God has always been Nyartholotep, and he makes a point of actively fucking with human beings as opposed to barely even realizing they exist like the other gods. There's something horrifying about taking a kid burning ants and putting that on a cosmic level.

Yeah, that is kind of that. Never been a huge fan of Nyarlahotep. Then again my personal favorite is Nodens[/spoilers]. There's simply something you got to like about vaguely Zeus/Odin-like entity that looks like human but obviously isn't and obeys an entirely different logic. Nightgaunts are also intriguing minions, as they contrast nicely with their gods appearence[/spoilers]

And about Sorrow: I think it would be interesting if King was more of a neutral entity and the evil being Mr. Sorrow himself. Give them some kind of mad king/ uplifter advisor kind of dynamic and you are good to go.