Bcb - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

She cares.

Nothing's happening. See you Friday lads

Every update until you like it

Why do you people keep on putting yourselves through this?

Mike stop spilling your god damn spaghetti everywhere and do something. God damn sperge...

Every update until you get dubs, I'll counter that

Is reading through volume 1 really necessary?

Does she care? Or is she saving him for last so she can really savor bashing him with the ball in front of everyone?

One day I'll get those, my friend. One day.

I've only been following the updates for a few weeks and I'm vividly reminded of why I lost my tolerance for reading long-form comics one page at a time.

That is still caring, user. Hate is just another form of love.

Unfortunately yes. She tried setting up a recap chapter in th beginning of Volume 2 but it kind of just scratches the surface of the plot.

At this rate it's more likely there'd be 3 "mikea shit" getting trips in a row

Volume 2 starts with a quick and dirty recap but that's kind of shit.

As an alternative you could skim through and skip anything that looks like mid-2000s weeaboo comedy. There won't be much left if you do that.

Yeah I noticed. I started volume 2 and Mike is already sick of Lucy. How can I care about this situation if I haven't seen their friendship? Currently at chapter 17 now but the art is really bad.

Well, great, she's acting like a cliche tsundere again. This sure is a fascinating development.

I have all the time in the world. In the end, Mike is right.

If you skip weeaboo shit nowadays there'd still be pages getting nuked.

It didn't always be like this.

Honestly not even volume 1 really demonstrates them being friends and less that everyone expects them to be lovers and is shocked when Mike gets a different girlfriend.

That's dictator talk, leave that to Abbey Although Mike is even worse than him

>It didn't always be like this.
But now it do.

It do.

Mike already had to listen to a stupid hedgehog giving him shit for receiving a letter of Sandy.
Mike is a bitch but this is infuriating

no one is worse than Abbey, user

Come on Mike man up, she's practically begging for you to slap your balls in her face!

Is she? She didn't even mutter a word

When is this comic going to stop all this nothing and give us what we really want?

inb4 she develops a kink for her being degraded and told to kill herself.

Taeshi saves that for the BCI comics, why give for free what you know people will pay for?

Well, I guess next page is time for truth then.

Based.

>t. pedo

ONE HEAD ISN'T ENOUGH! I NEED MORE TO DEFEAT MY UNDEAD LOVER!!!!

It's just blue blur. :^)

>she cares

That's just what Taeshi wants you to think before she beams Mike in the face and then when she goes to help him up she whispers "fucking kill yourself." And the Mike pussies out and runs away saying he "has to use the restroom."

Sexual tension over dodgeball? Is this middle school?

I'd kind of like to see her prolong the agony now, deliberately missing him time and time again until he breaks down begging her to finish him off.

This is boring. Please go to Augustus.

his parents are going to kill each other because he stress of losing there son will cause them to hurt each other even more

She avoided slamming him with the ball deredere.

Or maybe she's just trying to avoid as much contact as she can.

So I would say so far this chapter has been 10% plot progression, and 90% filler. So let's end it and get to the party

I'm not the same guy, but why did they go from looking like young adults to chibi?

there better be some drunk sex

>do filler for three years
>can't remember how to stop

Because it's easier to draw that way.

>walks right up to him
>Mike cowering as Lucy looms over him, ball in hand
>just drops the ball on his feet, walking away without a word

Screenshot this.

>Daisy and Paulo are back to being friends
>Rachel has (maybe) come to terms with her relationship with Paulo

Eh, there's been worse.

She did, even through it was completely half arsed.

Well, yeah, there was three years of mostly nothing.

>Lucy is an athletic badass who makes all the boys go dokidoki
Wow, that's one hell of a throwback. She hasn't been like that since volume 1.

That's still caring. To "not care" is not even "ignoring". That's still an action you consciently do.
"Not caring" means simply not feeling, doing or even thinking about something.
And believe me, nothing would be more crushing for Mike than Lucy not caring about him and it isn't the case.

her tits got bigger
she gets power from them

This is how it works right?

So wait
I've just read chapter 21
This is not how it works. Mike commented before that the letters are pretty much monthly
Sandy has a really weird concept of bf/gf if you ask me, she makes it sound it was obvious they were in a relationship and it wasn't.
WTF

Taeshi really went off the deep end with putting effort into the art. Sure, the proportions and perspective may be off sometimes, but during the watercolour era, she held herself to a schedule of at least a full page a day. That included sketching, inking, painting and dialogue on oversized paper. She's said before that she always feels like she doesn't do enough, and the strain of making pages like that must have caught up to her.

I remember Bagman exploring ways to make the art easier on her, going so far as to consider enlisting an artist friend of theirs to help with backgrounds or something, but in the end, simplifying the character models and returning to digital won out. Taeshi always fretted about not having enough buffer, so I guess that's why, since it seems a large buffer puts her mind at ease.

I don't have a problem with the art now that she's adjusted the chibi stuff a bit, but I do feel like there's too many filler scenes now. Maybe it was a good thing for the story that her art took so long before. That, and Suitcase should probably get more intimate with writing; I always felt that chapters always flowed better and informed more concisely than when he just did proofreading and editing.

she wasn't even that much of an athletic badass back then

She singlehandedly won the volleyball game at the pep rally.

>Mike versus the whole other team
>it's just Lucy putting forward some passive-agressive metaphor

That said if the whole super reflexes think kicks in again and it ends up just him vs Lucy we might get some interesting answers about where they stand.

Wait, I remembered that wrong.

Watercolors were time-wasting bullshit. She has no excuse for not improving her fundamentals now.

And she damn near beat up a fully grown man at the age of 13 while being small for her age.

>implying it wasn't motherfucker mike's drunk-fu

Alejandro will kill one of them.

She almost beat him herself before that. But then the tables turned and none of that mattered just like in my Japanese animes

>damn near beat up a fully grown man
You sure about that? Because this is what happened when she squared off against him alone.

This is why you shouldn't skip Volume 1, kids!

Sue's great no matter what style she's in.

It will be Augustus.

Effort != value

This is a seldom-heard lesson; just because you make yourself busy doesn't mean you're doing something worthwhile.

Augustus need to live to save his family.

His parents are total nothings. Even in that non-canon side comic they were just a "violently dysfunctional poverty couple" stereotype.

Sue will sadly never be relevant. Taeshi has no idea what to do with her for some reason.

Baggage Boy can't write story or fact check worth shit.

He should stick to spelling only, since that's something his autistic head can actually grasp

And the chibi still looks bad just like the first day it was introduced, but now it's going full force with weeb imagery too (the way Jordan begged Linkin Park cat for help with homework and Paulo's heart going doki doki for Daisy as recent examples), so it has somehow managed to become even worse.

And I find it funny that it's supposedly done to save time and energy, and yet they do other stuff like patreon circle jerking instead of not ruining the story more and more, gotta make easy dolla i guess.

Worst part is I could deal with it going all digital, but it's the hacky huge head proportions and even worse surroundings dimensioning ontop of the weeaboo regression that just throws me off.

I mean, just look at Kizuna

She could at least have some facetime to try to convince us she's actually friends with these people. That's hard to swallow as it is.

What do you mean, acting as a support blanket for Lucy is a full time job.

>Baggage Boy can't write story or fact check worth shit.
>fact check
Him replacing an SAT question Taeshi took the trouble to look up with grade-school math was hilarious.

You spoiler that shit this instant!

being the voice of reason in a comic where everyone is an idiot isn't easy

>gotta make easy dolla i guess.
>living in NYC when a web comic is your source of income

Its a miracle they get by at all.

>voice of reason
>gave mike shit for rejecting a deranged co-dependent bitch
The only person she seems to like is Lucy.

Maybe she's a gay. That would make the story much better, right?

never forget the power of drunk mike saved the day
>i guess you didn't hurt daisy
>i'd be super mad if you did
sugoi

She and Amaya wanted Mikes dick at one point. Would attach pic but can't on this potato.

Probably because Sue's irrelevancy has reached meme status at this point.

I know her character description is basically "doesn't do drama" in a comic where drama is the focal point but I don't think that's a good excuse to have her sidelined. If anything, you'd figure that would be a fun premise to run with.

Just fucking put her in a tense situation where she would feel morally conflicted from disengaging away from and it basically writes itself. All drama doesn't have to revolve around love triangles.

She's a looney leftist with zero self-doubt, they established this during the debate chapter. Of course she'd support Lucy (dysfunctional but female) by throwing Mike (mostly well-adjusted and male) under a bus.

>All drama doesn't have to revolve around love triangles.

I'll do it for you.

>gotta make easy dolla i guess.
At least they aren't paid for not doing anything.

I slightly like that there was people with shallow crushes that don't amount to anything (Stacey [literally who?] as well), although it does add up to Mike being a harem anime lead and it hasn't done anything interesting with the idea like it did with the tsundere uguu idea (by upending it).

thank you for reminding me how god awful yashi was

It ends up with her being a plot device who only shows up when she has a very definite purpose, or to fake the same. She's there to comfort Lucy when Mike rejects her (although she runs to Paulo's dick instead in the next chapter) or try to grill Mike about what he said to Lucy before she vanished.

I want so hard for her and the stupid hedgehog to get btfo at some point.

why are mike's friends all shitty minus daisy

Because they're actually Lucy's friends minus Daisy.

Why everyone is orbiting around such a repulsive person is a mystery, except that she's good-looking I guess.

Is that devil cat son?

Lucy's sideburns are really long these days.

Taeshi can't write non-shitty characters for very long. That guy from aculpoco was the one exception and even he was over-concerned with Lucy for no good reason.

That and being rabid Apple worshippers is the cherry topping on that.

They're burning through money faster than my frugal self can spend on a unhinged bender with a unlimited credit card.

Friendly reminder that he's due to come up in the story again at some unknown point.

He wanted to fuck her voice-box.

Not that user, but didn't Vero get a baby?

Those are also expensive.