Shade, the Changing Girl #7 Storytime

It's the first stand-alone issue of the series, and contains a lot of character backstory..

Different artist for this issue, so be ready for a different style

Other urls found in this thread:

comicon.com/2017/03/31/rocking-the-fringe-of-the-dcu-young-animal-at-wondercon-with-gerard-way-jody-houser-cecil-castellucci-jon-rivera/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No variant from what I can see this week (or at least in this rip)

what happened to his leg?

>Little Lepuck in the corner

We just learned that Teacup has moms (but that might have been alluded to before)

Forgive the speed, cool down and double checking not to miss a page. This issue has a pretty consistently washed out colour-scheme

Teacup a cute

She's an earthaboo

Jeeze, where was Teacup hiding those?

This is probably due to this artist mostly drawing Bombshells

Education = citizenship on Meta

Surprise!

Humans and their noisy planet

So does this mean that Rac is still at Meta?

Fuck teacup that pig faced worthless cunt.

Maaaaybe?

I suspect it's something Megan bullied her over.

That list is a little outdated

So where is the mature reader content in this? Looks very tame

>baguette

This one is pretty tame for the most part, just with language, The end of the first arc did have the soul of the body she is possessing impregnate herself though

And here we are at the start of the series

go on...
Also pics pls

I dunno, all this emotional churn makes me want my baba and blanky right now. I think I'm underage for this comic.

What has France produced that is more noteworthy than the baguette?

>appropriating those robes
Will Loma's thieving ways never cease!?

>River just wants to be loved

>The "personal interest as my college major" meme

Oh Teacup, you poor little thing. Don't waste your time. Majors are for something that helps you get employed. Save a Minor for your personal interests.

>River has a kilt

>River is wearing a kilt to a dance

What are you thinking man

I agree

They fucking Carrie'd her

Fuck you Teacup

>Teacup didn't secretly have a motherbox, it was just her text notification
>Bullying a girl who officially has "brain damage"

And now the backup.

The Wondercon Young Animal panel confirmed that the trades will include this material

Teacup should have known better, the harlot. Maybe she was the one who brained Megan (if that is what happened)

Huh. That's refreshingly blunt.

>River is pansexual
BASED

Just a joke brah come back. Man It should ve been feathers it would've stung more.

No, why would you do this Teacup? You were becoming a waifu. Also, is she going to Gotham now?

Skipping the Action Comics ad

Next up: Gotham!

Shade hits the road! After her high school friends made it clear they didn’t want her around, Shade realized she doesn’t want to be there anyway. Map in hand, she decides to explore America. First stop: Gotham City. The city’s population may have seen its fair share of madness, but never like this. The only thing Shade didn’t factor in is that embracing her powers ends up signaling her home planet as to her whereabouts, and Meta police are going to come looking for her stolen coat.

Now I'm Mad

Teacup you cunt.

>Also, is she going to Gotham now?
Yes. Apparently there's a whole YA crossover.

>Potential Mother Panic crossover

That reminds me of the Negative Spirit guy having some day job teaching classes on some alien planet that could have some tangential connection to Meta.

There are some details in this long article/summary

comicon.com/2017/03/31/rocking-the-fringe-of-the-dcu-young-animal-at-wondercon-with-gerard-way-jody-houser-cecil-castellucci-jon-rivera/

>Coming up we have Bug! The Adventures of Forager #1, and Way said seeing the art from Mike Allred and Laura Allred is full of excitement. They chose a character who “spoke” to them, and taking an obscure character and working on them is what Young Animal is doing well. Bug is a “big giant tribute to Jack Kirby”, Rich said. You’ll see the original Blue Beetle, a Yeti, and a chase through dimensions for “reality shards”. It’s something that has been talked about in Cave Carson, slightly changed. It’s going to lead up to a Fall/Winter “event” when the books will tie together in a certain way, Way said. The shards have something to do with that.

>art from Mike Allred
Wew!

The Shade details:

>Talking about Shade the Changing Girl, Rich reminded that issue #7 comes out next Wednesday, drawn by Marguerite Sauvage. Cecil Castellucci said that working with Sauvage this time, she decided to focus on the character Loma this time. She wanted to veer away from the character Megan this time, and talk about the ways in which Loma is not really cool in her behavior and thinking either, compared even to Megan. She “channeled some madness” working on the series, she said. Focusing on Loma’s perspective helped keep the crazy premises of the book on track, and making it “Loma’s story” helped Castellucci navigate bringing Megan in, too.

>“Life with Honey”, is Loma’s favorite Earth TV show, and is drawn by Dan Parent, and is “I Love Lucy” inspired but features the wife of a scientist working on nuclear bombs in Los Alamos. Castellucci liked the idea of an alien being obsessed with a TV show like this. Colorist Kelly Fitzpatrick created a TV grey tone for those features.

>Shade the Changing Girl will be hitting the road in issue #8 in May, and will turn up in Gotham, actually. It’s tying things in to the other Young Animal books and universe, Castellucci said. The madness is “growing in scope”, Rich said, and asked how that happens. Castellucci said that the thing about madness is that it can’t really be tamed. It’s taking hold of Loma, and as she is trying to navigate it, it’s growing inside her, too.

>Cecil Castellucci said that working with Sauvage this time, she decided to focus on the character Loma this time. She wanted to veer away from the character Megan this time,
Jesus, who writes like this?

what issue was that?

You can tell that it was written by someone scrambling to write notes when a panel was going on.

last issue, #6. I can't storytime the entire thing right now, but here is the picture. If the thread it still alive later today, I'm sure someone (probably Preacher user) will auto-post it all

>She ends up giving birth to another person who already existed in some form in another plane or reality or whatever
Still makes more sense than Miss Marvel giving birth to her rapist

fuck yeah, Gothfaze!

He got Rossmo'd

Oh no, she's cute.
Seriously, panel three is adorable.

>Area 52
H Y P E R C R I S I S

does fucking no one watch Carrie anymore? may as well drive off a cliff and save yourself the effort

Fourth panel is cute

Wish the speech bubble was a little to the left for a better crop

No! Things were finally nice for a change.
I know this isn't really one of those kinds of comics, but this is such a gut punch.

Weirdest I ever saw was a lady being raped by a set of magical tarot cards in an effort to create a host that can exist outside of God's creation (Lucifer)

Him liking everything is cool

I felt bad for Jill for a while but the more she showed up the more I realized what a horrible abrasive piece of shit she was.

Hey, fun fact. Notice how the background and Shade's actions involve binge-eating and that little pink blob shown on her body, indicating she's pretty pregnant at that point.

There's a bit of a baby bump on the cover to Shade #9

And we're SURE this isn't just Ambush Bug in disguise?

>Area 52
Is that a Looney Tunes Back in Action reference?

oh. right, forgot that plot point

>That pinging
A MOTHERBOX?
oh

This guy's been around for a while. I remember him from Cosmic Odyssey.

>HATE
>WHORE
>BITCH
>ASSHOLE
>FUCKTARD
>YOU

there a download for the rest of the comic?

>What has France produced that is more noteworthy than the baguette?
...the USA?

Cant wait for Bug!

Though it does dissapoint me that while DC is doing all this cool shit with Kirby's characters and work for his 100th, Marvel (Which he for the most part defined) is either ignoring his contributions or actively damaging them for sales

I really hope this doesn't get canceled or anything. I know Way said there are three more titles in the pipeline but I hope they aren't replacement series.

>one of two people that understands that megan is "dead" and an interdimensional alien soul is living inside her body and is a completely different person
>have a bonding adventure where they murder megans ghost ass and hang
>is still compliant in this prank and actively pulls shade into it
Goddamn, Nigga

uh.. no there isn't. the tank is just raised up like her coat. you can see her abs and belly button. you would absolutely not have a visible crease of abs, while sitting, with a belly bump. hell, most people don't have that, even regularly if they are not /fit.

She can't escape being bullied

Since Cloonans been doing the covers, do you think there'll be some sort of Gotham Academy nod?

is the original artist gone for good or was the different artist just for this issue?

just a fill in

Regular is back with #8, then #9 has the regular artist + Ande Parks

Wow that's... amazing, I regret pulling mother panic and not this now

Thanks Comicvine for the variant cover

How did you not realize that this would be amazing and that Mother Panic was going to be mediocre? It was painfully obvious from the very earliest solicits.

Mother Panic is still good and despite the shitty fill in right now, the regular artist, Tommy Lee Edwards is the best artist from YA. By far. And John Paul Leon is coming up soon.

But yeah, Shade is a must.

Mother Panic has been mediocre and I don't like the artists.

This is probably the worst issue any of the Young Animal comics have had yet. The backstory isn't much more than was already implied and the Carrie thing is really cliche. I'm surprised Shade is so many people's favorite Young Animal comic because it's really starting to lose me.

Sauvage was a great pick-up for a fill-in artist, damn.

This is all going to end very badly isn't it.

Everyone is gay for the madness.

"I guess I wish you had more appendages" might be my favourite line of the year.

This was lower on the sheer weird factor but it felt very in tune with the original Shade in just being a real, personal issue with characters saying what they felt and bouncing off each other. So much of the Milligan Shade's strength is in that, at least in terms of the writing.

This place really is Sup Forumsumblr

I'm reading the Milligan run right now (just finished Hotel Shade) and am pretty surprised by what he was able to get away with for the 1990s (Shade and Kathy, Kathy and Lenny, Shade and a different Shade with Kathy and Lenny at the same time, not to mention the walking "art" guy)

Vertigo got away with a lot all round. This Shade is actually much nicer when it comes to the relationship issues, and that probably rests mainly on the inexperience of Teacup and River and the fact few of the characters are adults. Megan was certainly sexual and sexually manipulative and Loma also is, but the edge is kind of taken off it by the fact she unavoidably gives a damn about LePuck. The bedsheet and bodyswap issues are something else though.

Yeah. I wish every post had hashtags so I could just filter out gay shit like this.

>Education is only worthwhile if it helps you make money.

No user, you are the meme.