Fall and Rise of Captain Atom #4

Here we go!

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/exclusive-chuck-dixon-graham-nolan-bane-dc-comics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Time to get meta.

Oh Eiling, you clever bastard.

Didn't the 80's run also have a veteran private investigator? Though he ended up being a villain.

Will Nate ever stop suffering?

Finally! A proper supervillain!

Rekt

That's all, folks! Thanks for reading and see ya next month!

Holy bump

Thank you.

bump for readers

>Weisman writing
>black Eilling looks like Keith David

Thanks OP.

He talked about that on Ask Greg recently. He actually said it was Cary Bates's idea, and that David himself is amused by it.

What's your take on that? Do botched executions due to freaky accidents warrant some amount clemency or should they just be murdered super hard to avoid the chance of becoming supervillains?

Bump

In the real world, the former in comicbook land the latter.

Cool

Actually, botched executions tend to result in their being drawn out until the person dies in most cases in our world these days.

He was on death row anyway, so I'd doubt they'd care too much if he died.

Not a bad book.

Quantum bump!

I remember the past threads being more lively. Maybe it was a mistake to release this book on the first Wednesday of the month, which tends to also be the busiest?

Not a good one either tbqh.

Fall and Rise of Captain Bump

I think it's pretty good, just a bit slow and I don't know how much payoff we'll get since it's only a mini.

I think people (myself included) are waiting for the mini-series to end

Why do you lie Nate, why do you lie.

One of the men involved in Eiling's illegal military ring turned private dick later, I think.

This is really the Eiling and Megala Weisman and Bates wrote the first time around. Eiling's net so broad that he can't help but win, Megala more interested in the problem than the morality of it (at least at first).

>Adam's rib

Nice

atomic bump

This was some good shit, thanks op.

Thank OP I've been really loving this mini. Hope he gets put on a team or gets his own on-going when it's over.

Is the new villain a new take on Major Force? Convicted murderer, same powers as Nate, Eiling being interested in him. etc.

I don't think the sales are strong enough to warrant an ongoing, but they should do more with the character once it's done.

I like the series but it is pretty slow.

Really? I've thought it's been moving along at a fairly nice pace considering a shit tonne of stuff has happened in only four issues.

The first couple of issues were too rushed for me, but the pace has been better.

Considering we don't get a villain until this issue, I can see what you mean. It'd be cool if this was an ongoing or it was 12 issues like the Bane series, but whatcha gonna do?

>like the Bane series
Say what now?

cbr.com/exclusive-chuck-dixon-graham-nolan-bane-dc-comics/

Chuck Dixon is coming back to DC.

>Dixon and Nolan back on Bane
>Isabella back on Black Lightning
>Bates and Weisman back on Captain Atom

I'm liking the practice of DC bringing back the original creators to have a new spin on their characters.

I suspect that the mini might end up having repercussions down the line. Death of Hawkman apparently leads into "Metal", and King's Batman/Swamp Thing crossover is connected to The Button.

Any character with a Watchmen analogue seems to be important.

They've had a couple of Watchmen in-jokes, but nothing huge. It's been mostly character-driven and a modern take on the 80's CA reboot.

>Chuck Dixon back at DC
Well fuck me. Looking forward to this. Maybe once the Bane Maxi is done he can take over the solo Batgirl book?

Ha, not likely.

Is the new atom actually nate? Im confused did they fake his death? If so why is he so sloppy in fighting a villain.

You say that now but look at the miracle that is Rebirth.

Did you not read last issue?

>terrorist cell in Syria
B-but muh honourable rebels
Also I'm not a nuke scientist, but isn't that a bit small for a 100 kt explosion?

Are they checking if he needs healing?

He contained it.

Jesus Christ, more racebending.

Just come up with a NEW black general if you are so desperate for "diversity."

Why do these public defenders care more for their clients than they do for their client's victims?

They made Eiling black in the New 52, nothing Greg or Cary could do about it, since Didio mandated that they start from the New 52's status quo.

Bump.

Yes, he's Nate. He just has a new identity. No different than before.

Lol

Huh.

Also, it would've made a shitstorm for making a black character back to white.

At least they made him Keith David.

this book would look so much better with flat colors.

Ibagens

Oh wow, putting the biggest pundit that ever lived on your comic, shit must be bad

u wot m8

I'd actually like to see black Eiling's interactions with Goz and Allard.

The original Captain Atom run gets so little love compared to what it deserved. I found this blog with an analysis of each issue bit it only goes up to #7 before it's abandoned.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten any of the old supporting cast besides Eiling and Megala. We've gotten replacements like Takara and Genji, but that's about it.

That series moves faster than I remembered, I re-read a bit. We get Dr. Spectro pretty quick. But this was basically three issues of tie-up and parallel and then launching into a new intro story with this one. I don't mind the new cast, not really fussed if it's just analogues from here on out. If Eiling is monitoring Genji because he had/has a relationship with Takara or her half-sister I will die, I will fucking die. He could even be the grandpa and it'd be great.

BI DA IBAGENS