Unironically the most entertaining comic on the market

Unironically the most entertaining comic on the market.

This shit is so terrible it's actually hilarious. It's The Room-tier and I hope Marvel will keep it going for 30 issues, just for the fun of it.

Keep it in the storytime thread that is still going on.

don't see it

It filled up and fell off

I can see how Gabby Rivera is essentially Tommy Wiseau.
Both have weird quirks in their writing.
Both write dialogue in a clumsy manner.
Both have this weird fantasy and fetish they push as normal.
Both can't write a story for shit.

*rolls eyes*

can you drumpfkins literally fuck off and die? you're the ones who are triggered btw ugh just fuck off

Where is this magical storytime thread you speak of?

>triggered
Enjoying bad shit is being triggered?

It's like Sharknado except Sharknado knew it was bad.

This comic belongs in the /trash/ with all of the other garbage.

Dead thread.

How is she a Latina at all? As a Chilean this all confuses me on why her identity is expressed as it is.

She is from the utopian parallel, lived in it until she was 7, didn't come to our earth until she was 11, and yet for some reason she speaks Mexican Spanish and associates herself with a paper thin idea of what it is to be Hispanic. Nowhere does the Parallel or her backstory show any semblance of Latin America or the Hispanosphere at all, so why is she like that?

Is General Zod white, French, or German? No he is Kryptonian and a reflection of that culture.

But yet Chavez is mysteriously hispanic, knows all about earth history, who Hitler is, who Selena is, knows who Sotomayor is or why she should be important to her as a "latina" and that she would vehemently defend her.

Also she can travel through portal dimensions instantly, why did she have to break up with her GF when she is just a punch away? And why is she going to this "college" that is really just a superhero train camp in the first place? First issue said she was leaving the ultimates because she was tried of superhero work (lists all the teams she has been on) but now she goes to a simulation of being a hero on a campus setting as a way to unwind?

And on a less viable question, if her parents and the parallel were so great and perfect, how did she turn out to be the major stubborn asshole she is? She is super fickle and turns on a dime without any concern for the consequences or others feelings, just what she sees as right. Yet her parents were supposedly idealistically virtuous, her inspiration, and and super selfless.

Why are they painting her in so many lights that don't make sense to any of her backstories?

Because the writers are retarded

Thread dead?

It's made for people who don't read comics, but support the idea of diversity in comics

Hopefully marvel slowly backs away from all this shite and uses America's book as a quarantine zone for all the bullshit we've had to put up with for 3 years

>And on a less viable question, if her parents and the parallel were so great and perfect, how did she turn out to be the major stubborn asshole she is? She is super fickle and turns on a dime without any concern for the consequences or others feelings, just what she sees as right. Yet her parents were supposedly idealistically virtuous, her inspiration, and and super selfless.

that is seen as being "empowered" and "independent"

When memes become reality

>Willingly reading this trash

Boy you people sure love being mad

It was a delight seeing all the unanimous replies in the last thread. I like to consider myself much more optimistic. I just enjoy reading anons find 1000 holes in the comic.

>Yet her parents were supposedly idealistically virtuous, her inspiration, and and super selfless.
Unreliable narrator. Since we only ever see the parents through Chavez's memories of them, all we can conclude is that this is how SHE sees them, and they were actually a pair of assholes.

erm, sorry, correction. Should be
>and they could actually be a pair of assholes

Cause America wasnsupposed to be just a nrmal latina but than some pretentious twat whose name escapes me decide to go with alternate reality where the whole world is NYC and men don't exist.

They show up in Young Avengers and ACT like a pair of assholes but never get called on it so it's like another user posted, you are supposed to take these characters shitty personalities as something good.

I don't think anyone is mad. Like the OP said this comic has a 'The Room' quality in that it's hilarious in how bafflingly bad it is. America reads like a parody you'd see on Sup Forums and yet it's created in earnest.

Planet NYC was a different universe, Chavez's home universe basically amounts to a few nonsensical buildings floating in a technicolor void.

So can anyone piece together what America Chavez is?

Is she a Captain America clone? Mutant? Alien? Is she from Earth? What are her powers? What does Marvel want to do with her?

What we can gather so far is

>Lived in some technicolor void paradise made by Demiurge
>Daughter of lesbian moms
>Got powers from demiurge rubbing off on her

Thats about it honestly. How she is mexican or has any culture relative to those facts is beyond me.

As far as what marvel wants to do, its just let Gabby Rivera write her own fanfiction about the character in her contrived and poorly written SJW narrative.

Gabby Riviera's America, and Christian Weston Chandler's Sonichu are amazingly similar works when you think about it.

anyone kinda find infantilizing females a little offensive? quirky is such a sycophantic personality trait

I'm surprised that ostensibly liberal people like this offensive trash. America isn't a character, she's a collection of stereotypes. All they need to do is make America an alcoholic, and she'll fulfill every single bad stereotype about Latinos.

shes trans-latina. or culturally appropriating Latino culture.
kek.

Thats a pretty good answer. Is there anything that shows America Chavez's motivations? What does Chavez want to achieve? Does Gabby Rivera have something more to say with her time with this character?

Why do they waste a good artist on this book and have terrible coloring?

>Christian Weston Chandler
Wait, is that why he's called Chris-chan? And here I was thinking it was because he's a weeaboo or something.

>Does Gabby Rivera have something more to say with her time with this character?
Does Gabby Rivera have something to say, at all? Other than endlessly wanking herself?

This

Her story is so convoluted and nonsensical that all the writer wants to do is push the image of progressiveness with the story as a medium rather than actually explain anything.

They took established lore that already got fucked (turning her from a puerto rican into a parallel utopian which already comes with like 19 different problems from a storytelling POV) and just said fuck it, lets just force that all to what we want to paint a picture for "queer latinas."

The only way they could save this is having her go to mexico and actually make a difference and fight the cartels. But no, lets not address the real problems, lets just be progressive.

>t. half mexican

I'm glad I'm not the only one who kind of likes the art. And the color does need work but it is the right way to go about it. Colorist needs to work on their color relationships some more, besides picking teal, pink and magenta.

just the luck of the draw I suppose

>The only way they could save this is having her go to mexico and actually make a difference and fight the cartels. But no, lets not address the real problems, lets just be progressive.

'progressive' is not the word. The term you're looking for is 'regressive,' which is pretty much what America's whole situation is in this comic. She WAS a superhero! But now she's retiring so she can go to college. ...to learn how to be a superhero!

I see it as sort of an apotheosis of progressive comics activism. The culmination of things they've spent YEARS pushing:

>solo book
>queer hero
>PoC hero
>by a writer who shares these traits
>college setting
>cutesy art style

And then, weeks after they finally get what they've been wanting, Comics Alliance folds and the retailer summit interview comes out.

Watching this book's ales number is gonna be interesting.

>cutesy art style
I'm torn on this. There are so many talented illustrators that don't get to work on comics because the mold used to be somewhat realism. But now they're using below average-rate illustrators with a niche following.

It doesn't matter though, all these guys aren't getting paid enough. So I can kind of see a "fuck it" attitude when it comes to these books.

How many issues until we see her drinking a delicious Pepsi?

I mean, the whole thing is on purpose right? The writing, art, everything...They're doing it this horribly on purpose. RIGHT?

But it's not cutesy.. it's Quinones. It't he cover artist but colored really badly.

that lineart is disgusting

I think it was implied in Civil War 2 that she did a lot of multiverse hopping. Presumably she'd learn about WWII and other turning points in history through that.

Everything else is because this is a hack job book.

>It's like Sharknado except Sharknado knew it was bad.
Not him, but that's actually the reason I didn't enjoy Sharknado. It was bad on purpose, so it detracted from the entertainment value for me

Her constant misuse of Latin American elements is what gets me. I keep asking every thread I see if this, do chicanos speak like she does, or is this being written by some black dude who only ever saw black people and telenovelas?

"newyorican"

They are american's usually 1 or 2 generations removed from Native Puerto Ricans. It's difficult to master two languages at a young age without proper disciplined teaching. In the household there is broken english, spanish speakers, and at school there are english speaking teachers. So when they speak Spanish it's usually informal and broken, sometimes combining with English. The identity with their Native culture is gone and has cultivated into the hispanic melting pot in the US. Particularly NYC/NJ West Indies hispanics (PR/dominicans/Cubans) It's a bit different than the South West Mexican/South American hispanics. The writer is definitely one of these. I believe the writer is self-inserting some of this into the character. Sadly very rarely does this translate without cringy dialog. It's almost like a noob writer mistake.