Disaster Artist/Franco fiasco

>opened to good critic and fan reviews during festival screenings
>initital buzz is so positive, A24 announces that it will be going to wide release in 1,500+ theaters for 3 months
>even being released to IMAX theaters in some places
>huge online and tv promotional push behind the scenes by New Line Cinema/Warner Bros., featuring James Franco, Seth Rogen, Zac Efron, Josh Hutcherson, Bob Odenkirk, Hannibal Burress, Nathan Fielder, Sharon Stone, Alison Brie, etc. all quite prominently in relation to the film
>however, even after a week of being out in theaters, the film has only made $4 million dollars
>On December 5th, a blind item is published alleging James Franco is about to have his sexual encounters with underage girls resurface before Oscar season
>On December 6th, A24 suddenly pulled the IMAX release and announced that The Disaster Artist would now be a 700 theater, 1.5 month engagement
>On December 7th, AMC stated that scheduled screenings in it's theaters were now being pulled
>On December 9th, it was reported that the Disaster Artist was being pulled from most major Regal cinemas chains

What is going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=james franco underage&oq=james franco underage&aqs=chrome..69i57.3478j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/search?q=disaster artist pulled&src=typd
twitter.com/search?q=james franco predator&src=typd
twitter.com/AMCHelps/status/938936845399814145
twitter.com/Marcus_Theatres/status/938430981442334720
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's all part of tommy wiseau's master plan

with jews you lose

Franco's next.

Rogen and Franco will soon commit suicide. Screencap this.

Yeah what the hell i checked on tuesday and there were like 6 different times for it. But i went last night and it was cancelled.

But it’s doing well here

Rogan's become so SJW latey that I believe he's a closet rapist.

you mean a movie for the limited Adult Swim audience made by people who the Adult Swim audience don't like isn't a success?

You mean the general population doesn't know what the Room is nor care about your cute mockery of a cult classic?

DUDE FLOP LMAO

The only showing is 30 minutes away from me why

Jewish shit

The Room was big long before it aired on Adult Swim.

Also, it may not be big with people 30+ but lots of 18 - 30 year olds know about the Room. Also, normies love these hack actors so they'll watch it anyway.

I was planning on waiting for DVD anyway.

>On December 5th, a blind item is published alleging James Franco is about to have his sexual encounters with underage girls resurface before Oscar season
I really hope this isn't true. Not because I give a shit about James Franco's career, but I just don't want The Room associated with this shit.

google.com/search?q=james franco underage&oq=james franco underage&aqs=chrome..69i57.3478j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It's happening

yeah i know that there was already a scandal about it, but obviously if it resurfaces now its going to be a lot different.

It already is. Slowly but surely...

are there any torrents of this anywhere or atleast a stream link?

I thought she was legal in the country he was in at the time?

>Alison Brie

>country he was in at the time?

New York?

The age of consent in New York is 17. He was talking to a 17 year old, which is completely legal.

still a predator

It's a dumb, boring movie about a retard who made a terrible movie, how anyone thought this would be a success is beyond me. Hipster fucktards may like to say "Omg I looove The Room, it's, like, SO unaware!" but even they don't actually care about the movie and certainly don't care about a movie ABOUT the movie.

The only theatre showing it within 30km of my house was one of the smaller chains and they only had a couple showing.

I went opening night and it was maybe half full in a 100-150 seat theater.

Why not just release it on VoD ?

He wasn't coercing anyone into sex, drugging anyone, or forcing himself on anyone. He was flirting with a person his state considers to be a functioning adult that could consent to sex.

Is it creepy? Yes. But that's not predatory behavior at all.

fuck I really liked his new HBO show too

>I went opening night and it was maybe half full in a 100-150 seat theater.
Weird. I went to the opening night last week and it was a huge theater, like 200 seats, but the place was packed and everyone was going crazy the whole movie.

Not really an argument worth making. It's not like anybody thought he should go to jail, just that it was creepy as fuck for a 35 year old actor to message a 17 year old fan a bunch of times like, "Are you 18? Do you have a boyfriend? Do you live in New York? Should I get a hotel?"

>Man makes bad movie
>Kids laugh at bad movie so much it becomes famous
>Franco fucks make movie about bad movie to leech of fame

New Line is pushing hard for this

do i need to rewatch the room before seeing this movie?

only ever saw it once, years ago.

There's like 7 theaters showing it here, not bad for an a24 release

You can legally exploit people for sex doesn't mean society should accept it. It's like a 60 year old man using his wealth to get young women to fuck him, it's legal but society doesn't accept it

Don't bother watching this movie, it is bad and boring. The Room is funny because it's sincere and inept, this is neither.

It will help give you context, but it's not necessary.

but if i was gonna see this movie, should i rewatch the room first?

Read the book instead. The movie is a pretty poor adaptation. Franco's performance ranges from pretty good to a Wiseau parody.

See:
They're banking on it being a sleeper hit thanks to the celebrity cast and the internet meme reputation of the movie

>Not really an argument worth making.
I think it is. If you start calling everything sexual assault/rape/predatory behavior/whatever else, you diminish the severity of shit that's actually repugnant and needs to be dealt with. Do I think what he did was creepy? Fuck yes, but I'm also willing to acknowledge that as far as creepy shit people in the entertainment industry do, text flirting with a girl above the age of consent is nothing.

It's fine not to like the guy because of it (I certainly respect him a lot less), but acting like he's a sexual predator is wrong.

>It's like a 60 year old man using his wealth to get young women to fuck him, it's legal but society doesn't accept it
Since when?

If you're a retard who wants to pay money to be bored then go right ahead. Doesn't matter if you rewatch The Room or even if you've never seen it, this flick is still boring and cringey as fuck.

>big budget movie about a cult meme movie only known by fags on the internet is marketed towards a norman audience that likely haven't heard of it
>flops
wow i wonder why.

How about you give some sources along with these claims.

Dude what. Start going down that route than literally every relationship with even a slight imbalance of personality/money/attractiveness is somehow manipulative or abusive.

I fucking hate the concept of this film, I'll never watch it.

Man makes awful fucking movie 15 years ago. Movie becomes a hit in small circles, and then the internet falls in love with how awful and yet somehow genuine it is.

15 years later word of the film finally reaches the highest levels of the ivory tower that is Hollywood. The plebs have a new fad! 15 years later. Let's exploit the shit out of it and pretend that we've been in on the joke the whole time. Even though a big part of the joke depended on the fact that Hollywood WOULD NOT embrace Tommy W.

Fuck this movie and fuck Franco.

This movie existing reminds me of when you're in school and you and your friends have a little in joke. Then at a later point some kid you only semi associate with makes a reference to the joke and pretends you know nothing about it - when you and your friends are the genesis of the joke in the first place.

also franco is going to be outed within the next 2 weeks screencap this

>What is going on?
nothing, ed wood also flopped at the box office. this is nothing new and if you expected this movie to make billion dollars, you're delusional.

God I hope so, I fucking hate that talentless dickhead.

>google.com/search?q=james franco underage&oq=james franco underage&aqs=chrome..69i57.3478j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

>17
>underage
Uhh what did they mean by this? 17 is legal in most states and in UK 16 is legal
How is this even a scandal?

how does he keep getting away with it?

franco has been doing this to literature for years

It's not that he committed a crime, its that a man in his mid 30's should not be flirting and seducing 17 year old groupies. It speaks volumes to his (lack of) character, and in the current moral panic about muh sex abuse it will hopefully be enough to destroy his reputation and cause him to kill himself.

>the highest levels of the ivory tower that is Hollywood
You're slightly overestimating Franco.

Pretty sure it's 18 in NY.

Yeah that's a good point. As far as film making goes he's the definition of "how do you do fellow kids?"

Franco didn't produce this movie, it's 100% (((Hollywood))) funded.

twitter.com/search?q=disaster artist pulled&src=typd

twitter.com/search?q=james franco predator&src=typd

twitter.com/AMCHelps/status/938936845399814145

twitter.com/Marcus_Theatres/status/938430981442334720

London?

fake news or give sauce

Telling a 17 year old girl on vacation to New York to ditch her mom and come to a hotel room is predatory behavior. I find it very, very hard to believe that this was the first and only time he did this. It's not about legality, it's just a creepy thing to do. A 35 year old dude trying to fuck high school juniors on vacation with their mom is doing some sexual predator shit. It's not like he was going for a relationship or anything, just wanted to get her hotel name so he could rent a room to "see her," and told her that she can't tell anybody about it.

Nope. 17.

I've told people my age on dating apps who are in my town for a visit to ditch their parents and come fuck.

Why is that somehow predatory it there's an age difference?

Ed Wood was also only released in like 400 theaters

A wide release is 600

Franco only directed. It's Rogan and New Line that are producing it

Because this girls wasn't on a dating site you fucktard. She was just on holiday and a creep started hitting on her and trying to fuck her, the fact he is old enough to be her father just makes it more creepy, but it's not what's problematic about this situation.

I think there's a difference between some random dude on a dating website and the star of the Broadway show you went to go see finding you on Instagram because you tagged him in the selfie you waited an hour outside the theater to get, yes.

Fag

>Celebrities are predators if they fuck fans

Lol, you fucking cucks.

you're fucking retarded, mate
i'm from a college town, any amount of dudes single on a given night out would take home and fuck a 17 year old girl in the pussy

well i just saw it in IMAX an hour ago so i think you have bad intel, m8

Soyboys ladies and gents
It's going to get to the point where you can't fuck an 18 year old at 25, you blokes are pitiful

This. The fact that this wouldn't even be an issue if the girl was mere months older is actually kinda scary.

I'll tell you what's going on, this god damn sexual harassment HORSESHIT from these fucking BITCHES is out of control, completely bogus, and it is a clear domino effect of CASHING IN.

Do you see any bitches reporting so-called poor, non-famous nobodies? No, you see a bunch of fucking whores who have been sucking dick for roles NOW SPEAKING UP, even though they were all about it, realizing their careers have gone as far as they can and they want a book deal, a movie deal, and whatever pay off for being WHORES. These girls put themselves in these positions, they seek these guys out, they intentionally and systematically stalk and come up on these older men like predators, and this has been happening for eons.

Yes, some perverted piece of shit older men in authority have maybe grabbed a tit or ass now and then, but if that truly happens, I can guarantee a girl is going to CALL THAT SHIT OUT THEN AND THERE, slap the motherfucker, and make it known (as she should), not sit on it because of "fear" and "shame" and all this other horseshit excuse that women are allowed to run with.

This is the systematic exploitation of men's careers in hollywood, it has happened in the workplace everywhere forever, and it will continue to happen.

Don't believe me? Let me prove something to you. Go into any kind of sexual chat room, ANY KIND, go to any kind of sexual camshow or whatever the fuck they are, then tell a girl you want to do something. You will be completely ignored 100%. Then, as a social experiment, tell the room, in the open, that you are willing to use "paypal to make the girl's time worth it" or any kind of line stating you would like to "take care of their needs". I have watched this happen.

You will have 10,000 SLUTS OF YOUR PICK, GUY, GIRL, AND INBETWEEN BLOWING UP YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES.

How do I know this? Because I literally sit and watched it happen in my younger days on Yahoo, AOL, and all those other services inbetween and it's always the same fucking story.

Yeah no it's still in Imax. OP is lying. All that shit was made up.

>HURR if you dont like people abusing their status to fuck kids then you must be a fag!

kid fucker detected.

Yes, they are. Problem?

>HURR two 17 year olds looking for sex and using a dating app to hook up is exactly the same as a middle aged hollywood star leching after teenage girls!

ah you're a daft cunt aren't you mate? point is she's at the age of consent, why are you as a man disparaging another man for trying to pork a piece of pie you little twat? got a wee pecker what's never been wet before?
it's not as if he's an r. kelly having pissed on a child, mate, he just tried to fuck a young lass in a hotel room. you emotional boys have gone fully mental these days, a man can't even get his cock wettened legally without a heap of oversight

you sound jealous mate

After butchering two of Faulkner's best, I'll be forced to rampage if he so much as touches Absalom, Absalom!

oh the one with saggy gyllenhaal? yeah oh no, hope that crap show doesn't get cancelled. that would be soooo saaaad
fuck you

I hope franco wins oscars for that shit, just to trigger Sup Forums and mike schlocklasa

>HURR whats a power differential?
>DURR why is it wrong for a rich and famous adult to try to fuck an impressionable teenager in the creepiest and most preadatiory way possible?

Child molester spotted. Just because you lack any sense of right and wrong doesn't mean the rest of us do, sweetie

Yeah, I guess I'm not cool like James Franco.

>666
Demonic opinion exposed

>they still posts that
that was revealed to be a stunt for a palo alto like years ago

When even Satan has better morals than you, you know you've got issuses.

child molester? mate, if you've a problem with 17 being the legal age of consent, then why don't you go to the bloody polls and have a vote, that's not my issue
you fucking twat, we all use power to find and fuck women, what do you think i've got a fucking expensive watch for, cunt? not because it tells time better, it's so i can go to the docks on a given friday and have a lass put her mouth on my pecker

Nice try, Franco.

If it is true, and he is intentionally going for young, insecure girls and using money and star power, that is of course, naturally wrong.

That being said, look at James Franco. Does he really strike you as the kind of guy that has to fucking go around trying to fuck a bunch of pre-teen or young teen girls? Absurd. This guy has had some of hollywood's prettiest girls on his arm, all at a good, adult age.

I absolutely do not buy this shit unless it's proven without a shadow of a doubt. All this "oh she's so brave shit" (looking at you Liberal as fuck Time magazine) is only encouraging younger girls to seek out and take part in this type of behavior for a payday and their 15 minutes of fame. It is literally ruining the mind of young girls who do not want to be a part of this.

Do you know how many no-good sluts would be overjoyed to say "YA......LIKE......YOU KNOW JAMES FRANCO, LIKE THE BIG ACTOR, YOU KNOW LIKE, YA, MOVIE STAR, LIKE
YA.............HE LIKE, YOU KNOW, LIKE, RAPED ME............"

"IT WAS SO AWFUL. OH BY THE WAY, MY FACEBOOK STATUS IS JAMES FRANCO RAPED ME. ONE SEC I GOTTA UPDATE MY TWITTER. HI, NICE TO MEET YOU. JAMES FRANCO RAPED ME."

That's all this shit is.

do you think the internet is a little clique you're a member of? oh sweetie...

>m-me, a child molester?
>I-I would never- uh-
>hehehe its not that I love to fuck kids and fantasize constantly about it, I just think middle aged men fucking young girls is ho- erm, I mean, perfectly normal!
>what do you mean, he acted like a predator? he only did what I do when I fuck a chi- erm, when I go on a date!
>hahah yeah I always tell the girls I date not to tell anyone, and to come with me to a hotel room without telling their parents, that's just normal dating procedure, right?

Man, thank god you're a faggot with fail opinions that no one listens to. Who are again? Oh, right, you're Anongaynooneknowsorgivesashit#168761.

holy underage

>fail opinions
his opinions aren't fail. they're epic win.

America literally elected someone president who did that. And that's not a bad thing- high value males go for high value females. It's natural.

>he's handsome so its okay that he's a creepy hebephile who uses his wealth and fame to fuck teens!

i'm 35
show bad
you stupid

fucking hell did you just roleplay that out in your head, mate? you are one sad sop are you not
"erm." good christ you little cunt, i've spotted an autistic slob or two, but you take the title