Zigaretten?

Zigaretten?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uxv3s7xTYHU
youtube.com/watch?v=MF5_hvE4WEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All true as well

Based.

Has their been a more badass HBO character? Maybe Rust, but still.

N-no

Danke

You in the club diggin holes when this guy comes in and slaps your Kameraden's asses and offers you smokes
Wat do ?

What happened to the third ww2 miniseries they were making?

did he do it?

Well, i think they are still doing it. It just takes for fucking ever. Did they change the title of the series to The Mighty Eighth? I thought it was gonna be called masters of the air

i-i dont smoke

It's some shitty airplane show not BOB or Pacific

It will probably be kino though, there are not enough shows or movies about air forces or the navies of WW2.
If they can pull one with great sets, real airplanes, good directing and the usual good writing of these miniseries, I don't see any reason for it to be shit.
Incendiary bomber raids and dogfights scenes might just be the best thing ever.
And the resting times in between missions are a great opportunity for ww2 civilian life scenes, I reallly don't see how they could fuck this up seeing what they have done so far.

wtf was his problem?

Why did he come back after linking up?

Yes. How is that a question?

>tfw had a man crush on Spiers

Always thought this dude was great looking. Does this make me gay?

>tfw you will never fuck a woman who looks as good as Spiers

Probably cancelled because you can't even talk about Nazis in the literal historical sense without upsetting someone's delicate feelings.

Rust was a bit of a whiny faggot no?

he basically admits he didnt in the show

In real life he did. Lots of shit happened on D-Day that wasn't pretty. He was supposed to be reprimanded, but his CO got killed before he could initiate it and none of the other guys in his company reported it so he never got punished.

IS THERE A PROBLEM CAPN SOBEL!?

Reminder that being Sobel was suffering.
>work your ass off to train the toughest bunch of guys in the army, knowing full well they won't like you much for it.
>Lose your job because a few of those guys bitched loud enough
>spend the whole war being a supply officer
>get a do-nothing role in Korean conflict
>Daughter hates you, son won't ever visit you.
>try suicide and only succeed in severing your own optic nerves
>live for the next 20 years in an assisted living facility until you die of malnutrition.
>Only then do the soldiers you made into an elite fighting force acknowledge that you made them who they were.

how do you know its true?

hey he didn't have to be a dick about the training, really
he was incompetent above all else

A soldier who was with him that day said he did it on camera.

source?

Reports from other soldier years and years later.

That was a misrepresentation in BoB. He wasn't incompetent. BoB had a few glaring misrepresentations, like Blythe dying a few years after the war, when he actually fully recovered and re-joined E company, lived through the war and died like in the 80s some time, or Cobb being a dickwad, when he was actually a class-clown type that got into a fight with an officer while he was drunk.

>13:42
youtube.com/watch?v=uxv3s7xTYHU

A FENCE

>tfw there will never be a series about the Bongs sweeping through North Africa wearing shorts
>tfw no series about Bomber Command reducing German cities to glass (skip to 8:40) youtube.com/watch?v=MF5_hvE4WEA

I wish we had something like HBO, the only thing the BBC is good for are nature documentaries and globalist propaganda.

IIRC, he DEFINITELY shot the one soldier. He was drunk, and threatened to shoot Spiers.

GOT

A

PENNY!?

Unexpected Fassbender

>magneto and professor x were both american

> be leader of a company
> screw up multiple training manoeuvres
> all members of said company want to shoot you in the back
How is that not incompetence again ?
And since it's basically in every E company soldier memoirs (Malarkey, Webster, Guarnere, Effron, Winters, Nixon, Welsh, to name a few) how is that "misrepresentation" ?
The Blithe date of death mistake is the most glaring of the serie, but there is absolutely nothing that indicates that Sobel wasn't anything other than incompetent dick with good training routines.

Isn't Tom hardy and Jimmy Fallon in there too?

Yeah, Tom Hardy was the one dude busy nailing that chick when Spiers walked in.

Crashing this car.
With no survivors.

He was shit in the field but his ruthless PT got them all fit enough to become as infamous as they did.

Oh shit.

Why was he so mean to Okeefe? Maybe he was a depressed NEET who wanted to actually fight and be a part of the biggest conflict known to man like the rest of the group? Maybe he didnt care about dying?

"R-remember i was there too, m-mates?"

you've got red on you.

Did Evans make it out of the plane?

How was thr pacific?

Don't think so, when their flying over to Normandy, one paratrooper asked another:
"Did Evans make it?"
"Yessir he's in Lieutenant Meane's stick".
Pretty sure Meane's plane was one of the ones that was kaboomed by flak.

its all worth watching, but
bob > generation kill > the pacific

It's good but mostly just unending depression mixed with not depressing stuff that kills the pacing. With the Old Breed is worth reading at least. Snafu is good as fuck in the show.

I knew he was in Meehan's stick, but I swear I seen somewhere that a couple of the lads in the plane made it out but I can't remember if Evans was one of them.

just googled, he died in the plane I guess

Here's hoping he did.

Jimmy Fallon can't drive manuals lolamerifat, so people had to push the car IIRC

*pulls up in jeep*
"hey guys how about that hitler right? pretty scary stuff huh?"
"uhhh yea..."
"HAHahahahh"
*slaps hand on ammo crate*
*leans back into seat*
"hahahahahaha"
"I know right? but seriously you guys are my favorite platoon, you guys are the best"

Maybe not

He was just a kid who thought war is cool and he'll get to be a hero.

>Once an avid hunter, Sledge gave up his hobby. He found that he could not endure the thought of wounding a bird and said that killing a deer felt like shooting a cow in a pasture. His father found him weeping after a dove hunt where Sledge had to kill a wounded dove, and in the ensuing conversations he told his father he could no longer tolerate seeing any suffering.
it was alright i guess

lmao what a cucked soyboy

Seems you two have stuff in common then.

some people think he did it, some people dont

just google it

lol

Spiers is a german name. This is 1944 and he probably has german grandparents or even parents. What made him hate "the krauts" so much?

>Daughter hates you, son won't ever visit you.

wtf why

Friends did not age well.

this

faggot

hitler said something about this, about how moving to america makes you completely lose all your heritage and ties to the old country after only a generation

Good point, honestly it seems like he just loved war. He did stay and serve in korea

Fallon killed all of my immersion when he showed up.

forgot his hot pocket in the microwave

Duty and logic.
He didn't hate kratus more than anyone else, he just didn't think that they could afford to spare men to guard prisoners or even afford to have such a huge security risk so early in the operation.
It's june 6th, the airborne is scattered all over Normandy, the landings are just starting and the success of the whole operation is still in balance, it has barely started yet.
They lack men, they lack weapons and they have nowhere to keep the german prisoners. The safest course of action is to kill them all.
The safest way to do it without any escaping is to group them and be sure they have their hand occupied and their guard off. How do you do that ? You offer them smokes.
Speirs is simply an extreme rationalist, not a fanatic.

Good answer, but did he really do it? Are there 100% proof

I liked the Pacific. It's a different beast compared to Band of Brothers though since the Pacific theater and European theater are vastly different environments. And since American involvement in the Pacific was from 1942-1945 compared to Easy Company's 1 year from 1944-1945, the pacing of the series is different since it has to jump from different soldiers.

Best parts were Sledge's perspective. His crew and early Leckie(before he got angsty) were probably the parts that were most like BoB.

Don Malarkey describes the incident in his book "Easy Company Soldier" (2007). According to Sgt. Malarkey, Capt. Spiers did not gun down these particular prisoners, although he was rumored to have done such atrocities in other places.

from a youtube comment lol

No definitive proof, the CSI didn't go through the scene I suppose.
But quite a few mentions of it in soldiers memoirs apparently, and also it wasn't an isolated fact, every airborne soldier who took prisoners on d-day had this problem. There was no base to turn them to, no MP, no place to keep them, nothing at all. So quite a few prisoners got executed in a similar fashion.

Yeah. I also read that the reason he never got a higher rank was because people high up knew about what he had done but kept it quiet or something.

Dont know if its true i remember reading about it along time ago

Hitler was a really deep thinker, Mein Kampf is a great book full of ORIGINAL INSIGHTS that he didn’t parrot from other smarter people who groomed him. No sir. Very smart thinker. I mean who else could say that Capitalism and Communism are jewish plots!!! Crazy smart. And the smartest people on the internet love that book, trust me

You seem mad.

Man, Malarkey was the one guy I really felt the most for outta the bunch. Dont know why.
He didnt get as much coverage (wasnt even included in the ending sequence where the narrator reveals everybody's life after the war)
but the part where he looses all his two best buddies really got me.

*revokes your weekend pass*

The 101st was told not to take prisoners on D Day as it would slow their advance. Quite a few captured German were killed.

>not understanding his warrior ethos
he didn't hate them. he just loved killing people.

What the fuck are you on about, that is what Hitler actually thought of Germans living in America.
The poster didnt even say anything about it being positive or negative you fucking moron

they credit him that in the show i'm pretty sure

> he just loved killing people
Wrong, weekend pass revoked.

REMEMBA BOYS, FLIES SPREAD DISEASE...
SO KEEP YOURS CLOSED.

THAT DOG WON’T HUNT