New Overwatch Comic

Fresh hot today from Blizzard fellow user's

reader.madefire.com/work/OVERWATCH-UPRISING/read

what do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

reader.madefire.com/work/OVERWATCH-UPRISING/read
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/tracer-uprising
vg247.com/2017/04/05/overwatchs-april-11-omnic-crisis-event-will-have-a-playable-component/
youtube.com/watch?v=VJA9qQlj0zg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

to be honest not a fan of the music and animated comic style but it was a decent read.

God damn it do I want that Overwatch beret mercy skin!

Isn't Soldier67 technically Captain America. I am ok with this.

>reader.madefire.com/work/OVERWATCH-UPRISING/read
>they built the city humans didn't want to build

Chris Evans PRETTY much is a spot on to play Jack Morrison

Here is the Comic without effects, you can also download it from there, if anyone wants to storytime. I can't at the moment.

comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/tracer-uprising

well this motion comic approach certainly fixed the issue of having to either have it full page and small or readable size and drag it all over the place

I am really liking the motion comic approach.

I got this testing it out

Cadet Tracer skin when?

He's if Captain America went Red Hood.

damn it, give me a few minutes user

OK this should fix it

Gabriel the hero everyone!

This comic is directly tying into an event that was talked about.

vg247.com/2017/04/05/overwatchs-april-11-omnic-crisis-event-will-have-a-playable-component/

I want that Blackwatch Genji skin so bad.

I agree that looks pretty fucking boss and I don't even play Genji

Honestly I want that mercy skin

Gabe was right and no one can tell me otherwise
Until he went full bananas at least

this concludes this Overwatch comic

hope you guys enjoyed it

The art is fucking atrocious and there's a lot of inconsistencies with already established lore.

Like Jack enlisting as a result of the Omnic crisis, which Chu himself contradicted just 2 weeks ago.

Also pic related.

Yea the art looks off to me in my opinion

>TFW your team dies and you have no Rez.

>those 3 or so speech bubbles on which Mercy makes this face

Honestly reminds me of Tails Gets Trolled

Is Genji really a Blackwatch operative? Who is in the Blackwatch anyway, apart from Gabe and McCree?

Well Genji has the Blackwatch logo on his chest, and Blackwatch's structure within the Overwatch organization is likely the same as Overwatch, with the iconic heroes we know about doing their own thing and a lot of other generic grunts doing legwork elsewhere.

Just those three that we know of, personally I would assume those loyal to Reyes would be part of Talon.

He's half Cap half punisher

I always thought he was captain America as Jack Morrison and went full on punisher as Soldier 76

thats what I meant

That fucking overwatch armor for Reinhardt mercy tracer and torb

Genji would probably be black watch, as his first job was systematically murdering and destroying his family's legacy. That's a bit too dirty for Overwatch to be involved.

Honestly I'm not sure if Chu knows what he's doing. I would've preferred it if we just got the Morrison/Reyes relationship thing instead of constant Genji self inserting

So Genji hasn't lost his hair and the helmet is a part of his suit separate from his bionics.

He did take it off in the Dragons short so at least that's consistant

Reminder.

Also, does this guy remind you of anyone?

Really nothing fucking happened and just gave us insights to more flashback skins

>'98
back when Metzen had his edge

I always thought McCree looked like Logan

Typical Blizzard

I feel like overwatch blew up but is slowly losing steam

really good promotional material for new skins

interesting insight into pre-collapse OW

dull comic.

>So Genji hasn't lost his hair

This bothers me so much. It's like every time something is done to Genji is just to push him more into "troubled and damaged but not too ugly" territory.

Fucking making these unrealistic Cyborg interpretations Blizzard!!!

Deviantart tier

Yeah, this was pretty boring.

And the writing is still so...janky. So far, all of these comics have lacked flow and pacing in their dialogue.

I like Overwatch but i feel that Blizzard need to step up on the story or atleast the art

WHEN THE FUCK ARE WE GONNA GET A D.VA COMIC/SHORT?

>Every hero that doesn't have a "historic" skin gets one teased
>Every hero...
>...but not McCree. Fuck that guy.
>He's still wearing that poncho fifteen years ago.

>tfw still no new widowmaker skin

Kaplan said that widowmaker is getting a new upcoming skin actually.

Pretty stupid, nothing happened, plot inconsistencies, art is rough as hell, more stupid vague talking about something interesting instead of showing the interesting part.

Also, the skins, if these are the new skins, are stupid. Everybody gets a basic as hell IKEA uniform, the girls look like stewardesses, and the event will probably be shooting omnics similar to Halloween.

Competitive is unbalanced, heroes are broken, nerfs/buffs always screw things up more, the system lets shitters squat at every level, the last two new heroes suck ass, and it still doesn't have half the features a standard multiplayer game has (team queue?) All it's really got going for it is the characters, and this is how they choose to tell us more about them. It's got to start doing better if they want us to take it seriously as a game instead of a glorified cartoon the worst kinds of people lap up.

Red Hood fits better than Punisher, with the whole "formerly a boy scout, thought dead, hidden identity".

Game is more balanced than it was at launch, and more balanced than TF2 ever was.

he doesn't need a new skin, he's already got the best in the game
Honorary mention: USA Mcree

Oh that's great, I'm happy to hear that. I know some characters haven't really had a new skin in a while.

Nigga is a 37 year old cosplaying as a cowboy. Guy has some issues.

I feel like roadhog, junkrat, and lucio are really the only ones with a solid backstory so far

I just want a double feature animation with Winston's newly reformed budget Overwatch going after Junk and Road.

I'd pay through the nose for a Tom and Jerry style short about that

a lot of the comics just seem like artists and writers doing whatever they want without an end goal. They just saw how popular TF2's media was and wanted to do it without knowing WHY they did it
Compared to TF2's media OW is really lacklustre. In less than half of the comics/videos do we find out something new or is the plot advanced. They usually have good atmosphere and action, but they're not very interesting.

Do you think Metzen left Blizzard because the Overwatch team filled his game with SJW diversity checklists instead of badass characters that he tends to produce? The early concept art has a bunch of much more interesting characters then we got.

He left because he got tired of writing the same corruption storyline over and over again

We have an intelligent gorilla. I want my damn cat. Make it like an Iron Cat. A tiger in armor or something.

So that's where Tracer got it from.

Metzen left because years of cocaine abuse caused him to stress out and have panic attacks.

Why do the grampas look so young in this?

He doesn't look at all like someone on cocaine in anything I've seen him in.

Now go watch Conan O'Brien's first night hosting a talk show...he may as well just be caked in it.

>"Cadet Oxton here!"
>"Great."
>"My name is OXTON--"

Yeah that was jarring

The only things that came to my mind when I saw this face were:
1. A mistake by the drawer(s)
2. She's evil and therefore inexpressive

Why don't they ever talk about what happened in Australia?

>SJW diversity checklists
But the Overwatch cast is diversity done right. They're all cool gameplay concepts first and minorities second.

There's no Pharah voice line where she talks about being a POC woman just like there's no Tracer voice line where she talks about how love is love.

This. It's nice for a promotion of the game, but it doesn't stand up on its own merit. I am rating higher however because it seems to be serving as a prologue for an in game story event next week. Hope that's better than this.

It doesn't appear to feature any of the characters I give a fuck about so I ain't gonna read it

There's a rumor that the world idea sprang from a comic book universe that Metzen wanted to start. It never managed to even get off the ground but it shows how insane Metzen is. I feel like with him gone they are just doings as promotion not for want of telling a story. All of these comics feel so dull.

It's kinda sad that the overwatch comics can't even touch the level of fun you get out of the TF2 comics.

Man that would be awesome.

>releasing a comic about a terrorist attack in London
Timing could have been better but still a pretty decent read.

So who else thinks that Talon did something to Gabe to make him Reaper? Cause all the flashback stuff isn't about him being angry and spiteful. A little snarky, sure, but I see that as more him acknowledging Jack is now restricted in how he can use his assets and doesn't give a fuck, cause there's more important things than listening to whining politicians.

I'm not saying Reaper is Corrupted. Just blackmail or he has to rely on Talon for something since he became Reaper...so that's extortion? Something like that.

>. I feel like with him gone they are just doings as promotion not for want of telling a story.

Could be because the writers don't care about story and only want to do shipping shit nodody cares about.

Who's in his budget Overwatch league besides Tracer?

Mei, if the leaks are true.

They don't have much in common. TF2's characters have almost no backstory and the media is pure comedy with no real continuity.

>So who else thinks that Talon did something to Gabe to make him Reaper
Mercy made him Reaper.

Can they stop hiring garbage artists? Half of the comics have awful art.

>that gabe

>No, Morrison, I don't know where my neck went.

>What's his problem
>He doesn't like carpet eating dykes is all

What was Torb and Mercy's problem?!

Mercy turned Gabe into Reaper, but aside from that, I completely agree. Gabe and Reaper genuinely feel like two different characters. So there's definitely a third force a play aside from his physical change and his disagreement with Jack at the Swiss HQ as to what made him resent OverWatch so much.

torb has adopted this thinking because after the great kebab removal of 2020 sweden and a majority of european countries' population went down

because the kebabs were no longer there to inflate the census numbers and/or rape their women.

from then on, european countries tried to bolster their populations by promoting the breeding of strong white children

homosexuality is not a crime, but viewed as if theyre pushing a car to start it up and the homos are just there sitting inside

I believe that he's shrugging, hence the lack of neck

Gabriel was best boy

Hey, don't bring Mercy into this just because she sculped herself a sexbot.

considering how many changes Genji went through (yakuza playboy->ow the edge->heroic ninja), it's pretty believable

Did Hanzo feed his brother into a woodchipper or something?

There's nothing left below the pectorals for fuck's sake!

We don't know that. Could just be artificial skin. That Blackwatch design is already way different than his final version. Notice how that circular thing isn't right in the center of his torso?
His final version also lacks all the tubes.

>Jack... ...You're gay.

>Rip-Tire headed towards Mei and Tracer
>Mei summons a wall
>"Ha-!"
>Rip-Tire rolls over and above the wall
>"-wha?"
>KABOOM!

Have some Overwatch Sephiroth Gameplay:

youtube.com/watch?v=VJA9qQlj0zg

>Metzen
>ever getting tired of corruption