Doraemon '73

Hello everyone.
I come from lthe lost media wiki to ask for your help. Everyone here knows the japanese animation called "Doraemon". It's a worldwide known phenomenon. However, this was not always the case. When it's first adaptation aired in 1973, it wasn't very well received. It was poorly animated and it didn't have much ratings. After it's last airing, the adaptation was never seen again. Not even a complete episode. And if it's anybody that can find this adaptation, it is Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonresearch.com/index.php/the-strange-case-of-the-1973-doraemon-series/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good luck man, doraemon is an icon, a symbol of everything that used to be right with japan but is now wrong. the government explicitly promised not to censor it, then censored it.
i'd say give Sup Forums a try, but.. i've been to Sup Forums

Not a clue user but I'll give ya a bump for luck.

And while Sup Forums is a shitshow and I'm not sure /r/ still even exists, maybe give them a try too.

Actually give /m/ a call because they have a Diraemon thread right now, i'll alert them to you.

I know Masako Nozawa was Doraemon on it.

Pretty sure the creators hated it so much that all the episodes were destroyed.

oh yeah he is technically a robot

bump

uploading 15%

>And if it's anybody that can find this adaptation, it is Sup Forums.

Only if anons on Sup Forums really care enough

I doubt anyone here could really find a poorly received adaption of a japanese cartoon from the early 70's

Bump for slim chance this being true.

Somebody call Pan

We must sacrifice a goth girl to summon him.

I would ask in japanese on 2chan.

oh yeah.. it's even less likely anyone of us is going to have it since it would only be untransalted

I doubt anyone on Sup Forums can help, but I'll give you a bump because I like Doraemon.

bump !!!

bump

Whatever even happened to the english dub of it? I hope it wasn't axed because "nobody cared" this is a cultural Icon we're talking about

Guess cartoon's have gotten to the point where kids aren't interested unless it's loud, annoying and filled with dank memes, with Netflix being an exception

doraemon, at least the newest one, is the very epitome of modern shit-kids-like, so don't think for one second that it's something worth getting upset over.

uploading 30%

Let's give OP another Bump.
I'm rooting for you, my dude!

Go find something more Sup Forums related, like the Metamorpho cartoon pilot.

seriously? that seems hard to believe

>the government explicitly promised not to censor it
Wait, since when the fuck does the Japanese government censor children's anime? Or anime at all, actually?

bout 2008 I wanna say? major crackdown on all forms of expression to protect the poor fictional children

Is this for real?
Do you also have Osomatsu-kun missing episodes from the 60s?
Unfortunately there are episodes missing in the nyaa rips.

Links?

do your own research, man. i find it depressing
sankakucomplex has a lot of info on this

If no one from japan has a copy, then you're probably not going to find it by asking Sup Forums. You'd have an easier time getting a japanese person to let you scan their rare collection of uncensored kazuo umaki magazine manga prints (which no one has done so far, btw) than finding something that japanese collectors themselves would love to have like the original doraemon.

*kazuo umezu (the drifting classroom guy)

you forget: japanese inexplicably have respect for copyright law

Shirley you can't be serious

they're a strange people.. but most of that we did to them
which isnt to say they werent kinda worse before but

uploading 45%

>fighting frizzies, tonight at 11

cancel uploading, good night Sup Forums

i'm sure he's joking
either about that or about having it in the first place

You're asking about the first animation adaptation of Doraemon by TMS, correct?

last time i read about this, all recordings were said to have been lost in a fire. good luck friendo

it's still between /p/ and /s/, isn't it?
Then again, nowadays it'd be /wsr/

you'd probably have more luck google translating your way through 2chan over this place

Nippon TV Doga did the 73 series, not TMS.

cartoonresearch.com/index.php/the-strange-case-of-the-1973-doraemon-series/

I love how people always forget this. It's practically a running gag at this point.

ded bort

I believe that the newest version of Doraemon had two seasons dubbed before Disney and Viz killed it. Little surprised they never actually released them on DVD or digitally...

I know there's the new series, as others have mentioned. But I think they tried to dub the second series on one occasion as well. Might be wrong though.

I don't think they dubbed the '73 series in any capacity.

No, just Viz, Disney XD only aired it.

any hope?

Find an user who knows Japanese and try 2chan or what ever the Japanese alternative to us is.
I've heard of super old shows (mainly dramas and music variety shows) being tracked down by Japanese anons.

Bump

Bump

bump

And they choose to edit the fuck out of the show, fucking Viz, why havent they step up their game with their dubs!?

This looks similar to gegege no kitaro. Are they related?