My problem of hurting another student at my school is totally just as important as Stevens problems of killing people

>My problem of hurting another student at my school is totally just as important as Stevens problems of killing people

Connie is shit and Sugar is a hack.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/trmG0mgrkM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Connie is shit
You took too long to realise.

Who are you quoting? Because the episode didn't say that.

I think attacking some random guy would cause a lot more guilt that killing someone who was attacking you.

Like if I shot and killed some dude who was trying to mug me i'd feel a little bad, but if I kicked some guy in the middle of the street for no reason i'd feel pretty guilty.

I miss season 1 Connie

Granted, scale is literally nonexistent in the show

Fuck those boots tho, good riddance

What episode is right from? I know this show is inconsistent but I feel like even they couldn't go that far.

I miss her glasses

She is back to regular height in New Crystal Gems.

Seriously why the height so inconsistent, can they just create a height chart and stick with it?

What the fuck is wrong with Connie. She had absolutely zero reason to flip that kid over, Sugar literally made a psychopath.

But Steven hasn't killed anyone?
Also Steven hurts people to defend himself and others. Connie hurt that guy for no reason.

Holy shit
Why is this allowed?

Steven is surprisingly mature (though flamboyant to David Bowie levels, which isn't really surprising considering his surrogate mothers). He's battled against his near certain demise multiple times, had to deal with the micromanaging emotional troubles of the kerfuffle that are the crystal gems, and he's made firm executive decisions on shit he clearly disagrees with, such as stopping Bismuth from committing warcrimes. He's also more honest than Rose in that way, as he actually told the rest what happened.

Connie's just a kid who got trained to be decent at swordfighting. In every battle she's not fused, she clams up. She has no real experience of pressure of the battlefield (which steven does, and equates it to more trivial stuff like fairgrounds and obstacle courses), which is unsurprising considering Steven is more familiar with this stuff.

That being said, it was merely symptomatic of her PTSD, rather than the act itself which she was obviously guilty for. She knows she's unprepared, and that's why she feels shit.

Seriously, it doesn't even have to be more strict than Pearl is taller than Lapis, Amethyst is a bit taller than Steven, etc.

Maybe she got secondhand trauma from fusing with Steven

>That being said, it was merely symptomatic of her PTSD
Fuck off with this bullshit. sparring and sword training do not equate to PTSD

I did not consider this, but I would actually accept this answer.

Maybe Pearl hides to jump out and ambush Connie sometimes to keep her sharp.

>middle eastern girl culturally enriches fellow classmate after being radicalized by illegal aliens

My sides

Slightly feasible, but the clips explicitly shows her doing it after the kid bumps into her.

The fact that she suffered zero consequences for breaking a fellow student's arm while at school is such bad writing

Like it's not that she hit a kid but she fucking broke his bone while at school. Her parents really didn't care?

>Stevens problems of killing people
>killing
Retard

>didn't get expelled
>mom didn't stop her from more training or start worrying for her mental health
It was just so poorly written. I doubt her mother would have ignored it.

I really wanna know how her parents didn't care

>Nuh-uh, isn't inconsistency, gems can shapeshift
>see this
Alright /sug/, what's the excuse this time?

So the storyboarders don't have to put in the extra effort consistent height requires

Really

>ptsd

From what? What could have possibly given her ptsd?

I'd love to hear. We've always know it's just really shit animation but this time there's no plot hole scape goat

Ah…another good ol' SUfag vs Anti-SUfag thread in the making. 11/10

Why would you care in the first place? Nobody is forcing you to watch the show if you don't like it.

I don't watch the show. I saw the image and commented. Stop being a retard

Sup Forums takes this bait every goddamn time. It never fails to work and somehow manages to collect 300+ replies which are basically identical to one another.

Latent psychic mutant powers, allowing her to shapeshift into any form of cute brown girl she wants

Except this thread started hating SU. This whole thread is devoted to shitting on SU. Bait threads are when they post something positive about the show to get people to argue.

>"Wow this animation is great!"
>"Steven is the best protagonist of the year hands down."

This thread didn't start like this. It started with hating SU and people went along with it.

Why does this shit need to be explained to you?

>Her uptight mother didn't punish her or restrict her contact with Steven after this at all

Probably the most poorly written thing in this show. Her mother is uptight, but is ok with her daughter breaking another kids arm?

Side effect of the fusion is probably going to be the excuse

So? How is a thread, baiting SU fans not a bait thread?

Not to mention she should have gotten suspended at least. Not getting consequences from her parents or the school or the kid's parents? The fuck

With that autistic logic every thread on his board which has any criticism or praise (aka any fucking thread with discussion) is a bait thread

Take your meds mook

So Steven's bullshit spit healing powers can cure ailments to the extent that he can override genetic defects (aka changing the shape of Connie's eyeballs) then why isn't he going around curing cancer and other shit in the hospital?

Are really that retarded? We have at least 2-3 SU threads every day with "animation is shit"/"lore is bad"/"SJW" content. Every goddamn day. Does this look like a necessary amount of criticism to you? Just fuck off with SU spamming already.

The thing about the phrase 'in the making' is that it's supposed to imply that it can and probably is going somewhere.

What the post meant was that it'll probably devolve into that shit.

Even the threads that start with SU hate often get a baiter or two that starts an entire other conversation that keeps the thread bumping into the hundreds of posts.

>Why does this shit need to be explained to you?

It doesn't and didn't NEED to be but you felt that it was important enough to explain the workings of a typical SU thread to an anonymous poster who you think was (and probably still think is) mentally retarded when you could've been doing something productive instead.

So you're upset that people are making threads shitting on SU? Why? Just don't post in the threads you autistic spazz

>doing something productive instead

Like what? The hell does that even mean?

Being productive? I wouldn't know. Why are you asking me?

Wow putting words in someone else's mouth and getting mad about it, that looks pretty cool, let me practice it on you OP-kun.

FUCK YOU MY MOTHER'S ONLY A WHORE ON WEEKENDS DON'T YOU EVER TALK THAT WAY ABOUT HER AGAIN

>Connie broke someone's arm, and got away with it.
>No suspension
>She voluntarily apologized to the poor child
>Literal Shit

this episode was inspired by the time i broke someones arm for saying gir was overrated
it didnt end as well

Holy shit this is bad animation

This.

Pretty sure it's a jpg.

Just ignore them, it's meta bait. Post a thread shitting on SU or praising it and then when people post you tell them to stop posting

No Rebecca Sugar encourages her artists to draw in their own style because she is mentally challenged.

We never find out what her mother thinks of this, or if she even found out.

no im not

>Connie is literally being trained as a child soldier
>the writers can't see this

That's what you call a plot hole

>Being this stupid to not get it

It wasn't that Connie hurting the kid was as big a deal as Steven's stuff,
It was that it was a negative feeling or thought of regret that was affecting her.
Steven's thoughts were affecting him too, but he was trying to bottle it up inside so it didn't show until later.
It was never mentioned that Connie's problem was on the same level, merely that it was a problem she was gonna have to deal with.

Does Rebecca even animate? I thought she was in charge of writing before SU

How would she not know her daughter broke another students arm?

That's normally something schools tell both parties parents.

Hell, that's normally a situation where the hurt child's parents would demand suspension of the child who attacked.

Exactly. Like it's one thing for Connie not to get in trouble from her parents, but then she doesn't get in trouble at school either, and the school doesn't tell her parents, and the other parents don't say anything either?

What's stupid is that none of this would have matter if the kid had surprised her and she had punched him in the face or something out of reflex.

But she broke an arm by throwing him to the ground. It's like they felt the need to justify why it bothered Connie so much but then couldn't be bothered to write the rest of the story

From the Jasper encounter, where she just let Jasper take two corrupted gems? I use PTSD loosely here, more like anxiety due to being beat to the punch by Tango'd the Gem.

I'm a bit hazy with that timeline mind, so I might have got it wrong.

Connie didn't even know about that, and it was just made to make a paralele and let Steven see that just ignoring it might make it weight on his subconscious.

I am honestly not a huge fan of SU, I will keep watching until they end like most anons but is about it, yet I think your complaint in this case is simply unjustified.

Wow, I know this is bait but I used to actually see this complaint a lot anyway so:

>Being this wrong

Connie's problem wasn't that she hurt a kid in class, her problem was that her combat training and experience has put her so on edge that she reacted to being bumped in the hallway by freaking out and breaking the guys arm. Thats all kinds of unhealthy.

But on top of that the episode was SPECIFICALLY pointing out the fact that while connies problems were being focused on at first, the problems that steven was bottling up were more serious.

Look at this concept art for the episode. Notice the way connie looks up misty eyed at her single butterfly while steven looks away while he is weighed down by 3.

If Connie is so smart, why didn't she kill the kid to avoid further problems

>Connie was so traumatized by Pearl's training that her immediate reaction to just being bumped into was to snap the kid's arm

When is Pearl ever going to get comeuppance for being a shit person?

Why is this allowed

Koreans are a simple people.
Pity them.

the only real point of connie's problem was to explain the whole fusion hallucination concept before doing the big impactful scene, cause it'd be less impactful if people had no clue what hte fuck was going on

well from a technical standpoint, I guess your not wrong.

Although I do like how this episode retroactively made other scenes make sense. And it made us wonder about moments when garnet might have been dealing with something like this.

The entire point of the episode is that Connie's problem WASN'T totally just as important as Steven's problems. She was focusing so hard on something that was fucking trivial that she couldn't see that Steven was struggling with something way worse.

It's almost like you didn't even watch the episode and are just shitposting or something.

Who said they were equally important problems? Literally no one. Quit sperging.

The same reason Reed Richards isn't doing the same thing.

Cuz rose quartz cured cancer a thousand years ago. Disease in SU doesn't exist, only common ailments like good poisoning and allergies

wait, THAT'S your problem? Not the fact that she judo flipped a kid in the hallway and seemingly experienced no repercussions from school authority?

also, gems aren't people, dummy

>Connie is shit
Well she does poo in the loo

That's women for ya.

I used to love this show.

What happened to it?

When did you first notice something different with it? For me, it was Reformed. Something about it felt off.

Not trying to defend it or anything, but in the episode it explains that Connie flipped him when he bumped into her, because her reflexes from training kicked in.

I think it was later than that but I remember being very dissatisfied with Reformed as well. Thought I was the only one.

The quality dropped significantly when they lost a visible enemy

You did not just compare Steven Universe to David Bowie 5 hours ago

so why doesn't she turn cute?

How long until they're just head and feet and nothing else?

The point of that episode, and hell, even that song, was that Connies problems weren't as severe as Stevens.

In the song we see Ruby get distracted by a single butterfly while Sapphire gets swarmed by hundreds, and this is mirrored directly by Connie getting all caught up on accidentally hurting a kid and not seeing that Steven is struggling with life defining problems.

Also there's no Christmas or Halloween.

The decisions you make and the actions that follow are a reflection of who you are. You cannot hide from yourself.

Why do you guys like limits on creative expression?

Thanks Jack.

You missed the point there champ.

One, it was to show you that even small thngs can cause a cascade and fuck you up. And two, was a bait and switch to make you think it was Connie and not Steven, ebcause we never really see him affected by anything.

This was the first time we really discover that Steven is getting some mental fatigue and actually has emotional conflicts. That he's not just some ball of joy who hap hazardly does shit and doesn't think of the consequences, or gets over then quickly. He's becoming a leader now.

Just because someone has bigger problems does not make your problems cease to be.

A rich shade of blue is blues all the same.

From a vet
I'll knock you cunt
youtu.be/trmG0mgrkM8

And this was reflected in the episode with Connies guilt being small but Stevens caused real trauma that caused flashbacks and almost consumed him

Yeah, permanently wearing the mask of confidence is fatiguing and Steven needed support but did not think to ask for it. That's the idea. But OP cannot see a guy being treated as in need of help, I guess.

>Steven is surprisingly mature (though flamboyant to David Bowie levels, which isn't really surprising considering his surrogate mothers)
Didn't they say he's still mentally eight?

I think this sums up most criticism of SU and Sugar in general. People constantly going looking for an agenda and then find some way to read one in instead of actually paying attention and understanding what is deliberately left unsaid.

To be fair, Steven Universe has a lot of agendas in it. It's just that most of them are more reasonable than how the haters portray them.

Steven was nearly as tall as Garnet in one episode

>wah character sheets are an oppressive shackle of the patriarchy
sucrose pls go and stay go

Yeah, in AiLD.