Negan in the comics

Negan in the comics
>Good guy that does bad things for what he genuinely believes to be the best way for humanity to move forward
>Never killed children or innocents, and admitted that any threats against them were bluffs
>Intelligent
>Tough but fair, admits when he oversteps a boundary and often apologizes for it
>Misses his wife a great deal
>Becomes the best character in the comic after he joins Rick's group
>Gets shit fucking done
>Genuinely funny

Negan in the show
>Murdering maniac that kills children and innocents left and right
>Views himself as a god
>Takes more than what can be replaced
>Not funny

Why do they always ruin the best characters

They made him more of a maniac because TV Negan isn't going to get redemption. The fans want him dead.

Everything in the show is inferior to the comic.

The comic is pretty meh too.

If he is killed at the end of the next season Im dropping the show. His character arch is incredible and if they pussy out then the shows run its course.

Pussying out would be bending their knees and giving the comic book fans everything they want. You just can't justify keeping this man alive in real life after what he's done to the group. Him being killed by Rick will also give that Rictator meme wheels again. TV Negan will be killed. I'll put money on it.

>If he is killed at the end of the next season Im dropping the show.
I dropped it after midseason and I've zero regrets about it.

The canibal arc was a step up from the comic.

I dropped it at the Terra ep. I was like, nope I ain't sitting through this shit anymore. God this show is so fucking boring.

It's kind of hard to redeem a character who killed Glenn. Comics have more leeway because the never break 100,000 readers.

I like to believe that all of the Morgan mercy wank over the last couple of seasons, was building up to sparing Negan.

Negan is an cruel, vicious, asshole. But in the comics he's cruel because he feels he needs to be, because there's no other way. In the TV show he comes across as being cruel for shits and giggles. The former is redeemable, the latter is not.

Exactly. Audiences won't have the patience to see Negan reform because he killed Glenn, and they made a HUGE thing out of it.

>good guy

no

>never killed children or innocents

go ask Glenn for this one, also what do you think would have happened if he picked Carl or Sophie at the ini mini miny mo ?

>Becomes the best character in the comic

Almost

>Gets shit fucking done
>Genuinely funny

Gotta admit you're right on these ones

so in the comics does he not try to kill ricks child?

Nope. Carl even sneaks into his truck and kills some of hus guys. Negan repays Carl by shpwing him around, lets him glare at his wifes tits. And then gives him back to Rick, telling him that he can be reasonable

You word for word explained an episode of the show

This, Negan will probably get killed sometime next season, the actor for him is probably big bucks too, so it seems the easiest way for the show creators is kill him rather than keep paying JDM every season.

The only problem is without Negan, who is going to kill alpha

Don't forget that he even does Rick a favor and murders a guy that was asking him to help him kill Rick so he could be the leader of Alexandria.

Don't forget he bludgeoned two of Rick's best men and fan favorites this time around. TV Negan is FUCKED my man.

that episode was almost shot-for-shot, line-for-line taken directly from a comic issue

Dwight....

That said, there is one opening for them keeping Negan alive: Carol.

Carol going moral fag seems like it's how they are going to get around the huge fucking deal of Negan living/surviving the arc. Carol's going to demand that Rick not kill Negan. Also, I can see Morgan intervening too.

That said, if they do kill Negan I fully expect Dwight to take Negan's place especially given the direction the comic goes with his bitch wife Sherry. She will be going behind Dwight's back and staging a coup of the Saviors, in order to kill Rick/Dwight and basically use the Whisperers to re-establish the Saviors as a super power in the community at large.

They're not gonna kill Negan because Morgan built that jail cell. They wouldn't do that unless Negan will be kept in it, bet on it fags

You're joking right, you realize that Glenn still gets his brains bashed in by Lucy and Negan laughs about it in the comics right?

not the OP but

There was different circumstance though, in the comics Rick was in the wrong, they just straight up become mercenaries for food and kill Negan's men, they then get bitch slapped by Negan.

In the show Negan strikes first against Abe and Daryl.

In the show, Negan kills two people and almost makes Rick chop off his kid's hand.

Comic Negan didn't burn their mattresses and kidnap Daryl either.

Show Negan is definitely more antagonistic than Comic Negan.

Rick struck first and that's the reason Suck my Nutz got batted and Glenn getting killed was because of Daryl who by the way is a OC character of the show.

I would understand if the show was mediocre and that's the reason you didn't glue the pieces together, but saying Negan started this fiasco is not accurate.

>go ask Glenn for this one
what the fuck are you talking about? Glenn was a grown ass man.
>what do you think would have happened if he picked Carl or Sophie at the ini mini miny mo ?
his choice wasn't random. that thing is way easy to pick who you want to be "it".

They need to stop listening to the tv fans and realize that people have no clue about what they want

>given the direction the comic goes with his bitch wife Sherry
tv Dwights wife left a few episodes ago. he told everyone he killed her but he let her go. its why he's willing to turn on Negan in the show. why would his wife come back?

What children has show Negan killed?

all the kids in oceanside that were male also he tried to bash carls brain in

sherry didnt last long

there were plenty of boys in Oceanside. the saviors killed all the men and probably teenagers.

and Carl is old enough at this point to be a man, plus he is a dangerous killer.

ok guys how does the spoiler button work im new to this board

Ive been slowly catching up but and just now reached the mid season finale but haven't watched it yet.
The show is just so fucking boring this season and I have to force myself to watch it. I practically fast forwarded through that one episode with the lesbian girl because it was so fuck awful.

i think they said either 10 or 13 was the cutoff age

it's automatic, you just post and Sup Forums mods spoiler it for you if what you say looks like a spoiler

and was this Negan or the Saviors doing shit outside of Negans perview? because he doesn't really make a whole lot of personal appearances to the communities he has working for him.

not sure all i know is a large enough portion of walking dead tv fans complain enough that nothing good ever happens anymore

Maggie should be the one who kills him.

The comics are retarded then. It doesn't matter what his intentions are, he beat people's heads in with a baseball bat. There's no redemption for someone like that.

didn't even get past season two, the only reason i know whats going on is because of threads on Sup Forums and Sup Forums, its the best way to watch shitty tv

and rick tore out a dudes throat with his teeth the only reason you care now is cause you were attached to glenns character

>Glenn was a grown ass man.
You said "children or innocents"
If Glenn doesn't fall in the "innocent" category, what do you define as "innocent"?

dude nice fucking quads

>actually a good guy

I really fucking wish people would stop prending this is true, I don't give a flying fuck if he's your favorite now because he says fuck a lot or that makes funny jokes.

He fucking led a biker gang through fear by burned their faces off with hot irons and taking their wives. Jesus Christ you delusional fucks, I get liking him but he ain't good.

I've barely read any of the TWD comics and I legitimately don't understand how normies can still love Rick and his group, hating Negan is one thing but how can these fucking idiots still be supporting this band of retards especially since nearly all of the good characters are dead?

TV Negan may be a sociopath but at least he's trying to build a society and put some semblance of order in that godforsaken world, promises protection and keeps other groups from fighting one another and he's a lot more logical as a leader than Rick, I don't get why people wouldn't want those qualities over a bland idiot who fucks up everything he touches and deludes himself into still thinking he has morals and that living day to day in that kind of world while choosing to be a leader is alright, but then again look what happened to Shane so what the fuck do I know.

Tv negan is really funny though

>Not wanting to see based Negan redeemed
wow didn't know I shared a board with such faggots

Glenn wasn't innocent. He killed a bunch of negans guys when they were asleep.

B-but we liked Glenn and we didn't know those tens of Negan's guys that he killed so that makes it okay, user!

Guys serious question why the fuck isnt sassy neegan a thing

i agree also totally not samefagging right now

Ctrl + S

It's in the FAQ

I'm a stupid faggot who only ever watches the shitty TV show and I am never satisfied. It's garbage tv and I'm addicted to it the same way I cant stop eating oreos and shit.

Somebody gimme the run-down on how they were able to have a redemption arc for Neegan in the comics, because he's been a real bastard on the show.

Negan a cute.

>There's no redemption for someone like that.
>redemption
In post-apocalyptic setting, things aren't the same. Survival is what matters.

Same. Give up 4 episodes in season 2 when nothing was happening. I remember the first episode with the highway to be really good, though.

>Negan in the show
Has 50+ of his men killed and kills 2
Is almost assassinated twice and kills 1

Face it, Negan in the show is better than Negan in the comics.

Because comic Negan killed to protect his people. He's a little but crazy, but it's understandable when you're fighting for your life and others 24/7. Killing and intimidation kept the peace for the most part and he had his own personal code of honor.

Leaning negan is cool thanks to based JDM

Why does that deer look so... fake? Did they really use CGI for a bloody deer?

budget

Google heres negan and get his backstory.

[ spoiler ]Your spoiler goes here [ /spoiler ]

Just remove those extra spaces within the brackets.

He's done terrible things, but has a code of sorts and reasons for why he does it. He's very firm about protecting the weak. And in a world where a lot of the villains rape or condone it, he's vociferously against it. That doesn't make him a good person, but it does put him in shades of grey rather than the black and white evil of say, Alpha. He's also more willing to listen and can be reasoned with, unlike most of the other villains in the series, so you can see why he might change his mind and be redeemed.

CGI was cheaper than a deer?

I always wondered if he has some sort of retardation

blame PETA.

>giving the comic book fans everything they want
no, but keeping an interesting character is a better idea to keep the sales up, rather than killing him.
unless Kirkman wants to finally cancel the Walking Dead.

the truth is, I only read WD for Neggan, and I even skip the pages without him

/thread

for the first time I will say it on Sup Forums - FUCK OFF Sup Forums!

Fucking this. They turned a pretty badass comic into a pretentious show for Christian rednecks.

>MFW no sexy Tyreese blacking a MILF Carol on national TV

Side comment for the Sup Forums poster. I hope you have the same complaint about Logan.

Dropped it last season. Figured the fat bitch getting an arrow to the head was maybe the only type of fanservice I was going to get and it was so filled with commercials that hate-watching even became impossible. Network television has less ads, it's absurd.

Negan is Vegeta to Rick's Son Goku

Before Rick's group attacked the survivor outpost, they had run-ins with Saviors. The first thing they do when they find a group is kill someone.

>guys we need to ruin this show, how do
>make Rick a bitch and add 6 gay people for no reason
>BRILLIANT

How do people defend this crap

You're an idiot.

The issue with the TV saviours is that they're dicks for no reason. comics-wise Rick was always plotting to take out Negan. TV show Rick was broken until he realized the saviours were just going to keep fucking with him via regular beatings and so on. The whole thing is a really bad contrast between Negan's wanting people to work for him and his own people fucking it up by being douchebags at every opportunity.

Right? What is all this irredeemable shit?
Negan watched the world die and figured the rules died with it, and he genuinely believes Rick is a better, fairer leader. Negan believed the only way to keep most people alive was kill some as an example so that theyd follow the rules, and the rules save lives. He developed a massive ego, rick knocked him down a few pegs, amd negan sat in jail and genuinely watched Rick prove him wrong, and he's all in now, team Rick.

If Rick wants to truly be the new worlds leader, he has to set a better example then the last guy who tried. The world will stay kill or be killed until someone has the strength to change it.

How many folks here dont believe in rehabilitation? Please dont cite american prison stats...thats a criminal training program not a rehab center.

I think there's conflation generally in talking about criminals and the criminally insane. People that have violent compulsions have deep issues that I don't think can truly be cured.

"Lesser" crimes, crimes that one could argue have a motif beyond irrational compulsions, then I think rehabilitation is at least possible.