Star vs the Forces of the Original Concept

Who here has read the original tumblr comic?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love,_Chunibyo_&_Other_Delusions
youtube.com/watch?v=v-EKbXZcpSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A small part of me kind of wishes this was the premise instead, where none of the magic is real and it's just a depressed, possibly schizophrenic girl leading a miserable life.

but that means it would be apart of CN's line up since Disney changed the script for the better.
And if it was on CN, it would only be shown once a week

It would've been adorable tragic.

Yeah, I know what we got is better, but part of me just wants to see what it'd be like all the same.

>Little known fact, Star's parents tried sending her to Earth when she was 11, before they gave her the magic wand.
>The results where less than ideal.

STARCO IS CUTE AND PERFECT!

CUTE AND PERFECT!

It's all on daronnefcy.com if people haven't (don't look under the comics tag for it or you'll miss some of it, check the archives instead)

It's fine; interesting to read. I don't think it would have particularly stood out to me if it only ever stayed a webcomic, and I think if it had become an actual cartoon with that concept it would have been canceled by now.

I don't mind that the concept changed because many of the changes were the ideas of Daron herself anyway.

adorably tragic*

i want to steal her away and lock her in my bunker

There's probably an alternate timeline where Star's actually like this.

I don't think cartoons are allowed to show women in a non-positive light.
Maybe if the character was a boy, now THAT would be funny. Just a loser with no friends having to imagine being a great magical warrior fighting evil while he can't even protect himself.

Comedy gold.

Post it

But how would Marco and her get along? Would getting cucked make her more or less chuuni?

Nigga i got you.

Maybe I would have watched it, but probably not. In my experience quality comes from the creator, not the concept. Though sometimes a concept gives nothing to work with and I can't say the concept of Disney's Star Vs is firing up the creative sparks.

I think the brown haired kid is supposed to be the Marco equivalent.

>I don't think cartoons are allowed to show women in a non-positive light.
Steven Universe though.

That's why I want it, I want to watch a show about someone having a depressing fucking life, don't ask me why.

No one would watch a t.v show about a depressing autistic little girl

So, you love the shows current direction, then?

Also, daily reminder on why Jackie won the Marco Bowl.

No, Marco was still there in the original concept as a kid the same age as her who was into karate, but was kind of an enemy because HE was obsessed with DBZ and didn't like her girly Sailor Moon stuff. I'm guessing they might've become friends.

Pretty much looked the same but had slightly different hair + braces. Also his name was Sol and Daron liked that their names had a similar theme, which again seems like they'd eventually grow to like each other.

This picture is from when the show had already changed concept to actual magic and them being friends, but is close enough.

Who's the artists who makes these?

>won
>only in the 2nd quarter
My man, things have only just begone.
Starfan13 will win the Marcobowl.
Amohnako i believe

Huh, just noticed that version doesn't have the braces. Guess they were only part of the really really early design.

Does he have a tumblr? I wanna see more of his comics.

Those aren't women, they're retarded gay space rocks.
And Steven if a walking, talking joke.

amoniaco-de-setubal.tumblr.com/tagged/svtfoe

He has a Da but be warned, they dont draw alot of Star, and most of their other shit is barneyfag stuff

what if a dog bit star

Star would bite the dog back.

Who is making all these "what if" posts?
Why are you making them?
Where are you getting these ideas from?
What the fuck?

So originally Marco and Tom were kinda the same character?

Since that maybe sounds too negative when I really do enjoy these comics, I guess one element that's done better here than in the actual show is the presentation of Pony Head.

Really fits with the comic's overall themes to have this weird delusional girl imagining her mahou shoujo companion as this gruesome kawaii decapitated horse head, drooling and with guts spilling from its neck, and finding it normal. Or maybe just imagining it as a result of getting hit on the head, this weird fever-dream like melding of her anime fantasies with an unexpected creepy element.

There's literally no way that could be translated to the Star Vs. we have now, as it doesn't fit with either Star's character as actually magic or the universe of the show-- it makes sense that a fantasy land could have a race of floating horse heads. Also I don't even have a problem with Pony Head in general.

It's just a sort of unique feature of the comic that kind of says it all about the premise and Star's mindset, and that we'd probably have seen more features like that if Star hadn't been picked up by Disney and Daron stopped working on the comic.

Maybe not since they were middle-schoolers in the comic version and there probably wouldn't have been a romance aspect. Also I don't think Sol had anger issues.

I think it would be more like "your show sucks, your power fantasies are lame, and you're crazy" "no, YOU!" and maybe them having to work together and stuff

although maybe Star could be delusional enough to not notice he didn't like her, but I doubt it since that entire comic is her defending the little kid from a teenage bully

It would hurt, I'd assume.

Probably assume that it's some sort of monster then try to fight it.

How many stomachs do you think Star's been inside?

what if star pulled back the skin and muscle and showed you the ancient runes carved into the bones of her forearm

How did this happen?

At least a dozen

>fucking
Fucking always wins,user.
Always

God damn it, Hekapoo you fat, lazy bitch aren't you supposed to be trying to find and stop Toffee?

The only true answer.
Oh user, this is after the 3 day timeskip when everybody elses' homes got destroyed and they all have to live at Marco's

I'm not the only one who does it, but I do it for (You)s mostly. I get ideas from shit that's posted in the threads.

I make some too but not any in this thread. yet

everyone can and should do it

>Galexy

what if star came up to you and asked to stop writing what if posts about her

Was I the only kid that enjoyed Sailor Moon as equally as Dragon Ball and Knights of the Zodiac
IIRC sailor Moon was always in between Dragon Ball and Gundam or Zoids. Plus they always had events going on in the bumpers to keep you watching commercials. Why bother changing the channel?

I'd cuddle and kiss her anyways.

I probably liked Sailor Moon more. DBZ always pissed me off with how it dragged everything out.

>Five girls here and Marco's claimed them all.
>Asshole. Guy can't even help a friend out.
>Guess the Blood Moon wasn't enough for him.
>The movie's too loud.
>My horns hurt.
>I wish I was at home, playing video games.

>Was I the only kid that enjoyed
my nigga you were not
though i couldnt get into Giant Robot shows. still cant today too

>cant work up the courage to tell my gf i watch this show because its the kind of show her little sister would watch.

help me anons, i usually watch shows like this with her and shed probably get into this one and actually like it

Dude... you don't need to come out about watching TV shows. Few people of any consequence are going to give a shit one way or another what you watch.

At least you have someone to watch it with...

Niggas why do why have two not-generals up?

>got my younger brother hooked into the show
>now he's worried non-stop if Starco will even happen since Marco has shown no romantic interest in Star besides BMB
>try to tell him it's going to be ok, but he's visibly changed when I drop him off at his HS

I don't know how this show can change people this much. Surely there have been worse cliffhangers out there.

>gf
Get out

Because some dumbfuck couldn't check the catalog before making this thread.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love,_Chunibyo_&_Other_Delusions
It's not very good.

They already are though.

This isn't /r9k/. We're at least a little better than that.

>Knights of the Zodiac
my fucking niggah

>We're at least a little better than that.
Judging by most of the posts like
>I wish star was my gf
>how do i get a gf like star
and such, i could argue to disagree

I broke up with my girlfriend because she didn't look like Star, does that count?

You can pretend all you want, but these threads are at least 70% waifuposting and sperging over a kids cartoon. It was literally made for /r9k/.

Yes, now go back to the parking lot Oskar.

This thread is better because it's not the same image that's been posted a million times already.

Although whoever makes these threads should really try to find more interesting images to start them off with. With so much good art out there that's recognizable as Star Vs. at a glance it shouldn't be the same bland screenshots or Starco images over and over

No....
No you are not.
I was excited for both DBZ AND Sailor Moon every time Toonami came on.

>these threads are at least 70% waifuposting and sperging over a kids cartoon
Which begs the question, why are you here?

He is the other 30%, the enlightened ones.
They are watching. Waiting.

For the occasional interesting discussion.

and to shitpost of course.

For anyone who has watched Sailor Moon, are there similarities between S1 of both shows and S2 of both shows? Or does Star just get SOME inspiration from Sailor Moon and do its own thing?

Because I partake and enjoy it. But at the same time I recognize this reality, while others seem to be deluded that they are somehow better than that.

>For the occasional interesting discussion.
Oh yeah? Why don't you start some then, tough guy?

what if star was terrified of frogs

Similarities pretty much end at 'Magical Girl'. There are a few references here and there but that's all.

Yeah, this show does things to people. I've shipped a lot of things, but I honestly never cared about a ship as strongly before as I do about Starco now. And I often see similar sentiments from other anons here.

Gotta give it to Nefcy and the writing crew, they really know how to make you truly care about characters.

Make me.

More like once ever few months

I figured as much. This show is very unpredictable right now and that scares me.

Then it would be really funny to see her run into a froggirl.

>tfw my gf loves cartoons
>she wants to watch it together but every time she comes over we fuck, sleep and cuddle
>she still hasn't seen episode 1

I'm not even mad

what if marco told her tadpoles grow up to be frogs and she had a tiny breakdown

>mfw other shows and networks might adopt the shitty SU bomb practice until it becomes the norm
was that and TTG the final nail in the coffin for CN?

Of course not, but no boy in his right mind would ever admit to liking Sailor Moon. My first crush was Sailor Moon.

>Name characters that have brought absolutely >nothing to the show. AKA, Unnecessary, >Unwanted.

>filename

Starfan13

Alfonzo

Pony Head. Or does viewer annoyance count as something?

Ferguson that fatfuck.

>Pony head
>Alfonzo
>Preston Change-o
>Oskar
>Johnny Blowhole
>Mina

>not Sailor Mars______

Ferguson

magic runes, laddie

I've only watched like two and a half magical girl shows and Sailor Moon wasn't one of them, but SVTFOE isn't really a traditional example by any stretch. It pretty much stopped being one altogether once they dropped the "Ludo attack of the week" format.

The anime whose format it's followed most closely so far is Fate/Kaleid, which just makes more excited for shit going completely off the rails in S3.

>Chunibyo
If you watch this 5 minute clip you'll get everything that's to get about this show.
As a bonus you'll also get to see the best part, without having to deal with all the episodes.
youtube.com/watch?v=v-EKbXZcpSo