/trek/

Relationships ruined by hack writers edition
no but really, they spend months on a planet together, trying desperately not to fuck each other, it seems like their feelings for one another is going to be a thing explored in future episodes every once and a while and then you just have akoocheemoya shack up with Seven of Tits for no reason other than you had nothing more to offer Beltran so he'd stop bitching

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eWgrvNHjKkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think Genesis is one of my favorite episodes.

What's the best romantic relationship in Trek?

I remember being spooked by the surreal quality of this movie as a child.

Voyager was entirely ruined by hack writers. All the good writers were working on DS9.

Hell of a day

I secretly like it as well. It's got a spooky tone to it and I can ignore the "Spot devolved into a lizard" part.

youtube.com/watch?v=eWgrvNHjKkY
Really seems like Total Recall could be set pre-Federation, and the Johnnycabs were the creation of an ancestor of Dr. Zimmerman.

dude humanity has advanced past religion but i'm a traditionalist native american in space for no reason lmao

It's some real uncanny valley shit

Why are all the Data episodes always so comfy?

>no reason lmao

He used it as an excuse to get high, didn't ya' watch?

>I think Genesis is one of my favorite episodes.
For me? It's Up the Long Ladder.

My penis is expanding at an alarming rate.

>don't mind, Colm, this isn't a totally racist and stereotypical depiction of the Irish at all, it's farce

#
>why are they ruining everything
>hasn't ventured to Sup Forums ever
There are answers to ALL of those questions, just be careful

Data's Day reminds me of my ass burgers .____.

>For me? It's Up the Long Ladder.

There's only one reason to like that episode, and you have posted it.

Well, two reasons if you support VERY late term abortions.

I love it. The scene where Dr. Crusher teaches him how to dance is cute.

It resolves a little quickly but it's delightfully silly and has some genuinely great make-up work. I think McFadden did a good job with using angles and viewpoints that hadn't been utilised much before, if it all.

>"Mommy, when I was in your tummy did I tell people to star the reactor too?"
Seriously, what kind of sick mother lets their kid watch Total Recall? I'd ask mine but she'll be in bed by now

>programed in multiple techniques.
>needs the doctors help dancing.

I thought it was pants-crappingly terrifying.

He successfully got them to change a leprechaun to Rumpelstiltskin in DS9 because he thought it was racist. I guess he didn't have enough sway back then, and it really sick in his craw

>Seriously, what kind of sick mother lets their kid watch Total Recall?
She didn't know but the lady who she watched her house had a huge VHS cabinet that I routinely spelunked through and would just pop in while I was upstairs.
I probably saw Gomez three titties on that big panavision screen

>A guy who builds robots is more interested in sex than other social interactions
Yeah who'd a thunk

So I guess Kang, Kor and Koloth's augment virus wore off eventually, or did they get cosmetic surgery?

Is this speculation or has anyone ever asked him about it? Does Colm do conventions or is he too good for that?

A true warriors chair

>Is this speculation or has anyone ever asked him about it? Does Colm do conventions or is he too good for that?
Colm occasionally goes to the big ones like in Vegas. I think he has a love/hate relationship with Star Trek because he's like the stereotypical paddy in space.

I read it on memory alpha.

Memory Alpha says it appears in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion

>According to Meaney, "Using caricatures or cliches of any nation is not something Star Trek is or should be into."

So really...after hundreds, maybe even thousands of /trek/ threads, is there anything new at all to discuss? It's a 50 year old TV show with a limited number of episodes. Shouldn't this place be like the Q continuum where everything that could have possibly been said has been?

looks kinda' like Jeff daniels in the fourth shot

>It's a 50 year old TV show with a limited number of episodes.
We rarely discuss Enterprise, which is a crying shame because it's one of the best Star Treks ever and deserves it's fair share.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

I want that chair.

He's right. If we can't use black or gay or female stereotypes then he shouldn't have to be an Irish one. A did see a video of him speaking about it though, looked like a convention, where he said they initially wanted him to have the more stereotypical singsong Lucky Charms accent and he stuck with his more typical subdued one, so good for him. I don't think he's a snob. I think he was just a serious actor and doesn't want Trek to be EVERYTHING he is known for. So a few conventions, cool. Living off it, not cool.

>ywn see the Romulan Interstellar Nuclear War or the franchise continue on and we never end up with STD

>OH NO, THEY'RE AFTER MY CHIEF MILES EDWARD O'BRIEN CHARMS!

Thank you. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks so.

>Potato in charge of not being a nigger

I'll make a WebM of anything in TNG if you give me the season and episode .

I'm pretty drunk, so you may not even have to give me the episode

Damn, Jake-O got dat GOOD sniff!

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>Enterprise has no redeeming qualities
-Admiral James "Jim" T. Kirk

"no"

>Jake gets his brainwaves eaten by a shapeshifting interdimensional space thought vampire
Alex Jones was right

We could have had two shows instead of STD. Star Trek: Space Cops and Star Trek: Med Ship.

I know that feel bro.

Spider Barclay scares Picard in Genesis, S07E19.

That's far enough

This episode is really bad, like B-movie bad.

>Odo doomed 8000 people to never fucking exist because he wanted a different version of him to have a small chance at getting some Kira poontang
What the fuck, man

Is that the one where they marry? Was ok.

Why don't I remember seeing that scary, aggressive looking black security officer?
Is this found footage?

Good sweet mother of Christ on the cross, I want that sexy T H I C C Patty Tallman NOW!

Season 1 was a strange season.

user delivers

requesting worf vs roundboi meme

The O’Briens. The only successful monogamous one.

Way too close to how actual professional ballroom dancers smile, it's robotic as fuck.

I liked Odo and Kira, but mainly just because I didn't want to see Odo suffer emotionally any more than he already had.

Very nice, thank you.

>damn, bash, whatchoo put in dat... draannkk

Fuck, that scene before this where he's in the briefing room with Riker and Nurse Ogawa and he's basically talking like someone coked up or filled with caffeine. Too good

Youre welcome friendo

>nothing out of the ordinary, commander

Christ on wheels, ds9 was blurry.

I took the screengrab and noticed how everyone except Sisko was still and it looked like a static storm

Dont worry, my gains are going to fund the blu-rays

I love Ogawa subtly acting like a monkey in that scene.

Ogawa is top waifu.

>Its an episode focusing on the two worst characters in the franchise

>Riker moments away from hitting send on that subspace emergency message
>......... uhhhhhhhhhh.....

>wesley comes back in season 7
>somehow even more irritating than he was to start with

Fuck this dweeb.

>More cringeworthy than Lwaxana and Bob Vance's wedding

Quark and Grilka

Laughed thoroughly at this out of context mash up

>only successful monogamous one

Harry and his hand?

>mfw I saw Kira's new haircut in seventh seasons

>you

Are you actually getting indignant because I gave you a compliment?

>It's a Tuvok acts decidedly out of character episode

Im the guy you responded to, not him

I'm more mad that Seven and the Doctor don't hook up

No, your matter of fact way of saying it reminded me of this scene.

how many people do you think tuvok killed with his emotions out of control?

>it's an incredibly boring TOS season 3 episode
The end is so close, but god, it got really bad there.

Jadzia is hot, but this stupid haircut is ruining it for me

I want to see Riker sit in it

Riker eating Klingon food in Matter of Honor

Hair in that style sucked but genuinely gorgeous face. Hate to see newer pictures of her because it reminds me that all hot girls looks are fleeting. She's attractive for her age, but not the same as then. Fapped to her so many times back in the day. Also never got the Kira love. Always looked like an angry lesbian.

There's a few really great episodes in season 3.

>Kira always looked like an angry lesbian
more like tsundere qt

Seconded

Actually the reason was not the writers. Their plan was for them to get together, but Mulgrew complained early on to the producers that this would ruin her character.

Odo and Quark.

something with Data and his cat
here's episodes with the cat if it will make your life easier
"Data's Day"
"In Theory"
"Schisms" (mentioned)
"A Fistful of Datas"
"Birthright, Part I"
"Timescape" (mentioned)
"Descent, Part II"
"Phantasms"
"Force of Nature"