Post only the best oriental themed movies (old china, japan , etc)

Post only the best oriental themed movies (old china, japan , etc).
The movie language doesn't matter.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AALrrgEOlvU
youtu.be/LF9_9MZyQGo
youtu.be/1aokGEMTCWg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Red Cliff, 5 hours of pure kino

>The Last Samurai
>The First Weeb
I liked it too, OP.

>no weeb apostate Liam Neeson

easy

I liked the chink version of Fingersmith

I said - I - I - I - I want the knife......pleeeeease

not that I'm super familiar with the history, but this had the exact same tone and pacing and even quip-laden dialogue as like an avengers movie--which makes total sense--but not kino

Why is the handmaiden such a qt? She makes the lady who she's serving look like a super-frumpy 4/10.

This is what the Last Samurai copied.

1980 TV miniseries.
Was a big deal because it had the first dude taking a piss on TV

I loved the Last Samurai, minus Tom Cruise. What a fucking watste to bog down such an interesting culture and time period with a wapaneese lead. Almost as bad as Hatchiko.

>tfw the real last samurai was french

No it's not you idiot.

Takes your med meds sweety

I just marathoned this flick. Everything went better than expected.

Does it good ?

Good it does.

Whitewashing at its finest

Kung Fu Panda 3

the last nigga on earth starring tom hanks

you have shit taste

Curse of the Golden Flower

Really boring movie, stupid too! At the end, the bad guys have automatic guns, but the samurai were so dumb they just attacked! Really bothered me, all they had to do is surrender or run away...

Black Rain

Bad roastie impression, keep trying

Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

I remember reading one of these books back in hs. Dropped it after the detailed play-by-play of a man taking a shit in an outhouse and trying his best not to fart. A toot did slip out, btw.

>doesn't get the girl in the end
it's shit.

That one movie where nic cage crusade together in the beginning. Hayden becomes a sellsword and nic cage goes I to exile for some reason. All but 12 minutes takes place in chinklanf

Pretty sure that same thing happened with mg nests during the big one.

Ran
Seven Samurai

Top tier Jap kino

>What a fucking watste to bog down such an interesting culture and time period
Just watch a Japanese movie then.

55 Days at Peking

Oh what is this another cliche feudal anime?
No, it's extremely funny, smart, original and it's about
>aesthetics
>tea ceremonies
>politics
>fashion
>art
>ceramics
>warfare
>minimalism
>philosophy
>wabi-sabi

Truely the most based of all anime

twilight samurai

Jesus christ now I need to watch The Last Samurai again.

13 assassins

Can confirm, great movie

youtu.be/AALrrgEOlvU
Still one of my favorite scenes in any movie, makes me wish Bowie had done more acting. Impeccable soundtrack by Ryuichi Sakamoto as well.
youtu.be/LF9_9MZyQGo
youtu.be/1aokGEMTCWg

This nigga knows whats up.

Great movie and great music.

mishima 4 chapters

This, came here to post this.
And in all my years on this board this is only the 2nd time I've seen it mentioned, which is a shame because it's excellent.

It's an okay flick. China has some odd conceptions about what a hero should be, and they do a bunch of meme shit like "turn head, zoom in on face". I hate their choreography and fighting, too. That wire-fu shit is so lame.

As for the historical factor, it's just loosely based on the actual history. These "heroes" were not necessarily supermen, and the idea that women fought is even more laughable. The only thing that separated them from the common soldier is a willingness to train and that they survived more than one battle, so they were more experienced than your average chinese footsoldier, who was mostly just a farmer they forced from their home and threw a weapon in their hand. That, coupled with their skill, basically allowed them to cut down a bunch of useless cunts en masse, most of whom were too scared to fight and didn't even want to be there.

good taste and nice trips

just watched Blade of the Immortal. Was pretty good are the Rurouni Kenshin films any good? Also any other must watch japanase films?

this is basically just an adaptation of Dynasty Warriors

Lone Wolf & Cub series is katanakino

Which is a loose adaptation of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which is a heavily fictionalized story of the period, literally written 1300 years after the fact.

>I loved the Last Samurai, minus Tom Cruise.

Japan loves Tom Cruise so much they have a national Tom Cruise day to celebrate about him.

>Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in martial arts. I was given the title of master. They take a movie “The Last Samurai.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Japan. He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held a sword. They make him the Last Samurai. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

Don't believe him, it's a pure shit.
He is baiting.

Pure kino.

>cliche feudal anime

Does this even fucking exist?

I want to watch a feudal anime that isn't about alien ninjas or demons

It's something that a bug man can never understand.