Why the fuck is this so good

Why the fuck is this so good

David Fincher was allowed full creative control over it.

Because David Fincher is one of the last talented mainstream Hollywood directors.

no pandering no meme shit, treats the audience with respect

Holy shit I'm watching it right now! For the third time.

basically a masterpiece. the directors cut is 2hr45min and totally worth it

>can't even buy a physical copy

>tried to watch 5 times on netflix
>have never finished it, fell asleep every time
So did they catch the guy or not

yfw
The journalist made the whole thing up and there was no Zodiac killer

>It's a Sup Forums pretends to like boring """"psychological"""" thrillers because it gives them an air of maturity episode

its the mystery surrounding the zodiac its so intriguing. The fact they were never caught.

3/10 nice try

It's an inferior version of pic related.

Nah, they never caught him.

did they need RDJ to play himself

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean nobody else did.

>boring

>that period where RDJ was a C-lister doing interesting stuff like this and A Scanner Darkly

Then capeshit ruined him.

Sup Forums sure loves jews

Originally Fincher wanted Brad for the role.

>reading moon-runes while I watch my kino
Yeah nah, no thanks.

Because it doesn't blow its wad going after some cheap scare or twist.

It's not even all that amazing, it just crafts a really good atmosphere and then manages to not fuck it up for the movie's full duration.

No one actually think ALA did it, right?

No one is still that dumb... right?

It actually is amazing because of how much the direction elevates it

>too illiterate or slow to read subtitles

I didn't get the basement scene

>I do the posters myself. This is my handwriting.
NOPE

>Brad as a smarmy asshole alcoholic hating life and everyone in it

Holy fuck we got the bad universe

i think it shows jake's paranoia and also shows how he has followed his obsession into a potential psycho's basement

Excellent tension building scene, for a brief moment you think he's found Zodiac, but it's a statement on how many things about the case (basements in California, the movie poster red herring) could have made Zodiac any out of a hundred guys.

Also without it there's not too many tense scenes in this "thriller". Except of course for the absolute kino final scene.

You can tell immediately that there's incredible attention to detail. It really allows you to absorb everything that's happening. It rips up the textbook on what a serial killer film should be. Most filmmakers just couldn't make this movie work. The idea of the killer dominating the first ~45 minutes and then becoming a ghost for the next 2 hours would completely intimidate them. But Fincher turned it into a strength. He made it into a study of paranoia and obsession, culminating in the amazing basement scene. For the second half of the movie, it's not really about the Zodiac anymore. Fincher uses effects and techniques so well to create the sense of an epic, sprawling story spanning several years. But he never forgets that it's a character driven movie. It's fantastic.

Anybody know how to make an Aqua Velva?

It was just another red herring. The guy in the house was a friendly nobody that Graysmith was projecting his fears onto. The entire scene is a representation of Graysmith succumbing to his paranoia. There was no one upstairs. The floor boards probably weren't even creaking.

Wikipedia says vodka, gin, lemon-lime and Blue Curaçao. Not sure about the amounts.

Everybody laugh at this faggot.

Zodiac is the finest serial killer film ever made, and it's very enthralling if you have an attention span longer than an autistic Rick & Morty fanboy.

don't feed the trolls

>Zodiac is the finest serial killer film ever made
does anything come close? been meaning to rewatch Henry

It's almost certainly bait.

se7en

>He left this for a latent homosexual
I really hope it was worth it.

>David Fincher says in Keanu Reeves’ doc on filmmaking, “Side By Side,” that Robert Downey Jr. was so peeved about putting in long hours on “Zodiac,” he left jars filled with urine around the set, in protest

what a fucking madman

Why didn't Brad accept the role?

2oz Vodka
2oz Gin
0.5oz Blue Curacao
1.5oz Sweet and Sour

Will make one you will highly enjoy. It's basically an Adios with different liquor but the same amount. They're strong.

She looked damn good in this kino

name 1 (one) suspect more likely to be the zodiac then him
inb4 gaikowski

its also us projecting our fears as well, we're graysmith in that scene effectively. which is why it works so well. the whole film is so natural it draws you in and makes you a part of the zodiac craze. the more you watch the more you want to find the zodiac and you fall into the same cynical ideas that ruffalos character starts talking about towards the end.
>maybe i just wanted it to be him so itd be over

the zodiac was multiple people. the prime zodiac wrote the letters, the secondary zodiacs committed the murders.

looked better in the brown bunny ;)

Fincher and Jake

Boring & disappointing

zodiac gang rollin out skrrt skrrt

Because less is more. Subtlety was very well done.

she knows the guy's no good but gets in the car anyway. the lengths to not breach social protocol. amazing scene.

throw in kiss kiss bang bang as well 2bh

im really curious to see RDJ's career post marvel. I think he might go back to doing some real interesting indies.