So I finally got it, unread and mint. Did I do good Sup Forums?

So I finally got it, unread and mint. Did I do good Sup Forums?

My bad, I didn't mean to accidentally discuss comics on the comic book board.

I'll let it slide this time user, better not let it happen again

This board can't be fucking serious. I got a mint comic from like 1992 and all you want to do is jerk off over anime shit?

Sup Forums must be the worst board on Sup Forums.

I don't care for your tone.
And no one cares for Spawn.

>Did I do good Sup Forums?
Not really, no.
The comic is not good, rare, or valuable.

1992 ain't exactly vintage, you big baby.
What discussion were you hoping to get rolling, exactly?
Should we talk about how early Image was mostly garbage?

>being a collectorfag
No.

You're a faggot and probably a huge manchild too. Get out and don't come back.

Man I have the Floppies for Moores Swamp Thing run that I swear are more valuable than Spawn #1

Ok then! Collecting comics is autistic and means that you don't care for the content, Spawn is terrible in all senses, and nothing printed in the late 80's-90's is valuable or hard to find

Post the crap you waste your money on your blog faggot, you may impress your mother

I've got Ambush Bug #1 and two copies of Savage Dragon #1.
I hold no illusions of value, but they're still neat to have.

Why do comic book stores overprice Spawn so much desu? The only few issues that are worth more then normal are David Sim's etc not in the trades.

well for one, yeah youre right, everyone here is a weeb fuck and also people here dont read comics. They're just ready for the next company wars thread. And last but not least, nobody gives a shit about spawn anymore. Literally a fucking meme.

Because idiots like OP are easy to squeeze money out of.

bravo faggot. you have in your hands one of the most printed comics in the history of comics. how much did you pay for it?

Why all the hate for Spawn Sup Forums?
I have the same one OP, my grandpa gave it to me for christmas. While it isn't one of the most impressive comics to own, it's still pretty cool to have Spawn #1 imo

So you think youre showing off some grand unobtainable trophy or something? That comic is shit, I guarantee you 99% of posters here own it or have owned it. How much did your local comic shop guy rape you for?

>tfw I found a first print 8.0 copy at a fucking Half-Price Book Store for 25 cents.

>Look Sup Forums! I paid for shit!! It's soooo rare, printed paper from the 90's!
>Am i cool yet?

>I guarantee you 99% of posters here own it or have owned it.

Yeah , this. I had a copy years ago. It may still be in one of my boxes or my brother has it. Even if it's lost I could pick another one up easily for under 10 bucks

I have the #1 issue of the X-Men Cartoon comic that's probably worth more than Spawn #1.

Spawn isn't the problem here it's over hyping a giant seller.

Spawn fucking sucks, that's why we don't care. Enjoy your over priced turd.

Just googled spawn 1 to see what it's selling for. Prices are all over the place. Also saw Spawn Kills Everyone. Way to rip off Deadpool.

I'm aware of the irony that Deadpool is a rip off of Deathstroke, so don't bother pointing it out.

I have the first two appearances of Scott Lang, as well as the first issues of Blue Devil. Fun stuff.

>Being a big baby when people don't pay attention to you.
Yep, sounds like a Spawn fan.

>Collecting comics is autistic and means that you don't care for the content,
Doesn't follow.

The idea is that you buy a copy and never open/read it, which means you're buying for the brand instead of buying books because you liked what you read.

Yes, you can just read it online or buy a second copy, but most collectors don't do that.

I consider myself a collector, but I only buy what I intend to read.

It cost like 15 bucks plus 3 shipping. It wasn't bad or like one of those misprints that are worth a couple hundred.

I consider myself a collector, but generally buy what I've already read for free and loved, I do buy a lot of unread stuff too but always read it before putting it with the rest of the collection

>unread
not anymore, now that you've posted that picture of it

That's the cover you moran. and it's in a case.

I read it as a kid, so I know the contents. Actually I bought the first 10 issues. I really just wanted it for the cover art to display in my man cave.

Wait, you paid $18 for this shit? And it's not even CGC rated so the claim of "unread and mint" doesn't mean shit? Fucking why? I LIKE Spawn and let me tell you, that is a fucking rip-off.

You over paid by 15 dollars. Spawn is utterly worthless.

Retail value $20, who gives a shit.

I like Spawn.

No, because Spawn and McFarlane are utter fucking dogshit

well, Sup Forums talks about comics. sometimes

>1992 ain't exactly vintage, you big baby.

1992 was 25 years ago.

And?

Yeah spawn was over printed big time...but I wanted it mint so I grabbed it. I'm just like the art by Todd coming off of his Spider Man run. I'm not trying to be boastful or anything like that I'm just happy that I snagged a perfect #1 Spawn.

I never suggested it was super rare or anything. I just dig it.

And that's cool man, always nice to grab a comic you were looking for regardless of rarity. I was hype as fuck when I snagged some copies of Eternals #1 and Devil Dinosaur #1 despite them being in rather poor quality.

But your posts here:
Makes you sound like you were expecting us to praise you for it and you come off like a turbo autist collector expecting us to go "woah dude, that's worth like a million dollars!!!!"

>go to local used book store
>they started selling comics
>randomly googling a few foil or number 1's I find
>they are worth maybe 2 dollars

I was thinking about buying the long boxes to flip but i would probably get better return on lotto tickets. Best thing I found was a run of The Long Halloween....but i am keeping that.

Nah I was just drunk and in full Sup Forums mode. It happens.

Picture of one of my corgis unrelated.

I know that feel. I own the entire Infinity War series and it's probably worth 16 bucks.

I don't buy comics for investment or value, I just buy them by cover. That sounds plebeian but I don't give a fuck...give me some good cover art and I'll hang it on my wall.

It is all good, sometimes it is fun to just get a random comic for a buck.

Have another Corgi picture to bump the thread.

>Mint copy of an overprinted comic from the speculator period.
Speaking as a collector... no, no you didn't do good. I have two mint Spawn 1s and they're really not worth much. The only copy of that issue that's actually worth something is the one with a cover that underwent a printing error. That one is rare. I hope you didn't get suckered into paying too much for it.

I have it too
everyone does

He paid $18

Yeah, but do you have a copy of YOUNGBLOOD #1?! Now there's a rare as fuck comic.

You did good OP.

I love the premise of Spawn even if the quality of the book can be VERY questionable in the overall.

I buy second copies of stuff now and again, if it's a short run, never to be reprinted comic like Sir Alfred #3, I usually buy two copies of Crickets (I sold one copy of the first print of issue 3 for £90, I wanted to keep it as a reading copy but I saw the prices it was going for and thought why not) and if I see something I already have for a good price I'll buy it either to keep or just to give away.
This. "Investor collectors" can suck big dicks

Yeah It's like a really good idea surmounted by bad writing. Art is great though for the first run...then it dropped off.

Still, it's nice to have.

Sounds like anybody who cares about unread and mint comics from the 90s onward.

collecting comics is fine and all, but why do you feel the need to go "look at what I got, praise me, I'm so special"? because that is essentially what you're doing.

I want /ck/ to come back to make this board a little less gay and a little more chilled out. Poor OP being bullied.