ITT: Shows that were popular for no reason and shouldn't have lasted for as long as it did

ITT: Shows that were popular for no reason and shouldn't have lasted for as long as it did.

Seriously, besides teaching Spanish, there's nothing EDUCATIONAL about this series.

Is this a stealth Barney thread?

I don't have much knowledge about children, but I think that even at a very young age, most children are not nearly as retarded as the creators seem think they are.

Fuck you, Dora is the one thing that had every right to last as long as it did. It's wondreful.

Too much buttjokes and lawsuit jokes. When it wasn't that, it was dull humor that seemed very forced. I'm surprised it was popular. It felt more like a Disney channel teen sitcom than a Cartoon Network show

That show where Professor Utonium walks for a long time and then cuts up a robot every episode with his ginzu sword.

I wouldnt mind exploring Dora

What about Explorin' Lauren?

my sides

It was a pretty solid kids show and it actually had some good lore, wordbuilding, and continuity for what it was. The only thing really annoying about it was the long pauses for finding stuff in the background, but the show is literally meant for 3-6 year olds, so it's no surprise the pace of each episode is a bit slow.

It's absolutely excellent for watching with a toddler youre babysitting after you've had a few.

Small Horse of Mine obviously.
And Phineas and Ferb in my opinion.
They were not bad shows but they weren't that good. I don't understand how they could last that long.

in the economy of the future, yelling orders in elementary spanish is going to be a very marketable skill

>Seriously, besidesTEACHING ANOTHER LANGUAGE, there's nothing EDUCATIONAL about this series.

You want to sound smart but you are not

In my opinion, Blue's Clues was better.

The show was so mediocre and wasn't Rocko

This was the shit that made me stop watching Nick Jr.

This.

t. crazy steve

What was the last episode rocko's reference again?

Not heffer showing up.

Dora speaks English instead of Spanish in other countries/regions, it's an international success.

All baby shows are pretty much pointless. I remember watching nick cartoons as a kid first then discovered this subgenre of very young kids shows, I didn't understand and even felt like my intelligence was insulted.

Even kids can recognize quality programming if they are given good shit.

I loved that story arc of the Drake and Josh anime where Crazy Steve had to give up watching Dora the Explorer. Good times.

Of course, that doesn't compare to the Oprah Winfrey story arc

>besides its primary educational goal, there's nothing EDUCATIONAL about this series
What kind of dumb argument is that?
>besides teaching me math, there's nothing EDUCATIONAL about this math class

Learning Spanish isn't necessary to little kids. This is why I like Blue's Clues, Little Bear, Franklin, and Gullah Gullah Island more, because they are educational shows and Nick Jr is supposed to be an educational block for little kids. That, and I liked them when I was growing up in the 90s.