Obi-Wan getting a Star Wars spinoff in 2019

The high ground returns!

flickeringmyth.com/2017/12/lucasfilm-start-production-obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-spinoff-january-2019/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VJWnfNB_H9k
youtube.com/watch?v=EYfIzQifnHI
youtube.com/watch?v=NDqHGE9K3K8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ewan almost single-handedly saved the prequels, I'd watch him as Obi-Wan any day of the week.

As long as based Lucas returns.

This is the only right answear. Clone Wars flashbacks coming...

After the MEW scandal, I no longer want this film.

>As yet, there’s been no official confirmation that Ewan McGregor will be reprising his role as Kenobi,
Who else could they possibly cast? If Ewan says no this thing is dead in the water.
Shut the fuck up Riley.

The prequels and Clone Wars made Obi-Wan my favorite character in the franchise.

Idris Elba

He already said he'd come back to play Ob-Wan if he was asked to. that was a few years ago so let's hope he hasn't changed his mind.

Bring Hayden Christensen with actual good lines.

Why? His story is finished.

James Arnold Taylor voicing a CGI Obi-Wan

youtube.com/watch?v=VJWnfNB_H9k

The Mouse will milk Star Wars for all it's worth.

Han Solo didn't need an origin story either, yet they're shitting out that movie as we speak.

He went out of his way for one fucking line in TFA. Obviously he will be back in a movie where he gets top billing.

What line? If you are talking about when he says "Rey" that was actually a snippit from Obi-Wan's dialouge in ANH. When Obi Wan is telling Luke that Vader betrayed and murdered his father, they cut the word "betray" to "ray" and used that. Ewan didn't have anything to do with that.

S C O T T I S H
O
C
K
S
U
C
K
E
R
!

post yfw they don't cast Ewan

WHERE'S MY PREQUEL

He didn't save them, no one could save them. He was the best actor in them though.

This is the best fan made star wars media of all time. If it's anything like this is will be GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=EYfIzQifnHI

If Ian McDiarmid is in it I'll have to watch it at the kinoplex

Milk it like the sloth that it is

>A prequel
>it can only mean one thing

This is not allowed!

I imagine the Obi-Wan spinoff will be for the Disney streaming service

Based Sheeve

hot

Its been about two years since I found out his name. I still can't belive they named him Sheev.

The guy writing that book probably put it in as a joke but was then horrified when they went along with it. In any case, Sheev is a national treasure no matter how dumb his name is.

Why did the Jedi wait so long to react? It was a good 3 seconds while he ignites his lightsaber and twirls to them before they put up their guard.

>Writing book
>Oh shit, occasion comes up that we finally need to give ol' Palpatine a first name
>Well, I don't get to make those choices, so I'll just put a literal place holder
>[Name Placeholder] Palpatine
>Hand in manulscript
>Bosses love it
>Monday meeting
>We're shipping the book
>Inquire to as what they decided to name Palpatine
>"Oh, we thought that [Name Placeholder] would be excellent, sounds really villainy"
>mfw

hey dipshits...
its another prequel.
obviously you losers haven't noticed, all prequels are shit.

>anthology about a character who dies in the first film is a prequel

Fuckin Sherlock over here

>there’s been rumours that the likes of Boba Fett, Yoda and even Jabba the Hutt are being lined up for solo films.
>Jabba the Hut solo film
what the fuck disney, they're gonna milk this shit until there's nothing left arent they

gotta get that green milk

The planet of the apes prequels have bucked that trend, but yeah this movie will likely be garbage.

Are you unaware of the 500 awful EU stories that came out before Disney?

He said "these are your first steps" after the "Rey"

Oh yeah, I was aware of the awful EU stories, none of them were feature length films from Disney though.

Jesus was this real?

I told you guys Ewan McGreggor signed on to do multiple movies with disney and Obi-Wan was one of them. I told you lucasfilm was working on the movie. I post leaks all the time, but you guys don't listen to me. Also its filming in 2019, expect a 2020 release.

There's also the Ewok movies. Point is, nobody is forcing you to consume them. If you don't like it then don't watch it.

Yes, most of the Star Wars novels are just trashy fanfiction pretending to be canon. The new canon novels are mediocre but at least they don't contain content like a corrupted jedi hutt that Leia has to duel.

Ewan will carry it, just like him and Hayden did in 2 & 3.

Hayden couldn't carry shit m8, Ian Mcdiarmid and Ewan were the ones doing the heavy lifting and they still failed because the movies are horrible.

I remember being annoyed by Hayden when I first saw the prequels but I recently rewatched them and I didn't really mind him or even liked him. There's poor chemistry with Padme and the Padme/Anakin exchanges are awkward but I don't think that's his fault.

I haven't seen the prequels in a while, but I remember him being atrocious in 2 and just fucking mediocre in 3. Granted he didn't have the best material to work with, but his charisma and stage presence was just abysmal.

I actually really liked him in that movie Shattered Glass, he was fucking great in it.

t-thicc..........

I think his scenes with Obi-Wan or when he's on his own are good. Maybe I felt more for the character since I saw Clone Wars which kind of fixes the Anakin character or at least shows more aspects of his character away from Padme.

Also a line in ANH. Ewan had nothing to do with TFA>

meant for

spinning is a good trick

Not Kit Fisto!

>a guy who detests lightsaber dueling embarrasses three Jedi Council members in seconds
Pottery

What would it be on? Didn't he just fuck around in the desert for years until Episode V?

Maul tries to kill him at some point.

Luke, did I ever tell you about this epic solo adventure I had with galaxy-wide ramifications, that literally just wrapped up minutes before I found you in the desert? He was a good friend

Have a (you)

>Ewan had nothing to do with TFA
youtube.com/watch?v=NDqHGE9K3K8

>tfw obi and a cutie brunette fall madly in love and have steamy passionate sex in his hut, while her soyboy ex-husband wanders off into the Tatooine desert to die like the cuck he is

Obi liked that mandalorian dutchess but apparently never acted on it

lol. But this is also exactly what will happen. Down to a shitty CGI recreation of Luke getting knocked out by Sand People filmed from Obi's perspective, just as the main characters/villains from Obi's anthology film are lying dead/defeated literally just over the hill from where Luke is attacked.

It'll be Rogue One times a million.

Obi is meant to be a monk in an order that disavows romantic attachments and raises you from infancy under the influence of a mind controlling aura known as The Force. He is almost certainly a 75 year old virgin in ANH.

>inb4 Clone Wars series
toilet water

obi-wan solo movie

directed by auteur filmmaker RILEY STARS

starring NOT EWAN as obi-wan

Basically this. I imagine that weird nose guy who alerts the stormtroopers will be involved

They gotta turn those billions into trillions.

this meme is good

Ewan should be the narrator

it's obviously going to when he was young

actually i'd prefer if they go back to when he was a young-ling,

Why would it be when he was young? Older reluctant Obi wan getting pulled into something seems more likely, there's a huge span between episodes 3 and 4 to work with.

SPACE DESERT SAMURAI
SPACE DESERT SAMURAI
SPACE DESERT SAMURAI

So either set on Tatooine or have him become disillusioned with his task and leave the planet?
Either way, if no Ewan we riot

>Prequels were bad
I watch Reddit Letter Media too!

Ewan or we fucking riot

>villain is sith lord darth stearns
What do?

at this point james cameron should be the only person allowed to make movies.

CALL ME A KEK WILL YA?

good one

Go back to bed, Jim, you fucking canuck.

>we'll never see a Clone Wars era live action movie that actually deals with the war, not just the start and finish of it

Based

more like 5000

Yeah, they should have had him on the ground with his legs crossed and his arms up and asked him to crawl forward.